Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

One of the reasons Baez is a shitty defense attorney is that he really should have been obsessed with a plea bargain long before now. Basically the defense's goal at this trial has been not to get Casey acquitted, but to get her LWOP instead of the death penalty. I don't think they're making a serious case that Casey didn't do it, rather they're trying anything they can to avoid her getting death. And really, that could have been done via a plea bargain long before now.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Um, did anyone else hear when the prosecution asked Lee why he agreed to meet with the defense/Baez when he had previously denied to meet with the prosecution?

I believe it was brought up that Lee & the Anthonys met with the defense team to talk about "things they thought were important to bring up that had not been brought up"... WTF? That sounds like someone got coached.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

^^^ Sure does.

I wonder if the family was crazy all along or if Casey's natural sociopathy made the family crazy after dealing with her for all those years.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Does it sound like Nancy Grace is always saying Jinkasaurus instead of Jean Casarez to you guys too?

"Jinkasaurus!"
    I had to youtube this shit. I was DYING!
    One of the many reasons I love you, Deanie!

Aw... Hearts always for my Jersey!!! <3
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

fgg

Casey Anthony Is Competent to Stand Trial

The case against Casey Anthony recessed abruptly on Saturday, leading court watchers to speculate everything from a plea agreement to a mistrial.

The truth was actually far more interesting: Anthony's defense team filed a motion to declare her incompetent to stand trial.

Specifically, they were worried about her recent behavior. Judge Belvin Perry immediately adjourned so that Anthony, 25, could be evaluated.

Three independent court-appointed psychologists examined Anthony over the weekend to determine whether the proceedings against her could continue, and they submitted their findings to the court early Monday morning.

After an hour's delay, Judge Perry made his ruling, saying, "The court has found that Miss Anthony is competent to stand trial."

Reacting to the jurist's words, Anthony rolled her eyes.

Immediately after his ruling court resumed, and the defense continued presenting its case.

What kind of insanity were they implying she had? Omagawd's disease?

Can you get out of a murder rap by being a pathological liar? (honest question)
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Why in the world did they think she was incompetent in the first place? Stupid.

The prosecution still has the opportunity to call witnesses after the defense is done, right?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Why in the world did they think she was incompetent in the first place? Stupid.
    At this late stage of the game it does not say much about the defense's confidence in her.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

When is the defense going to get to the molestation and the drowning cover-up, since that was their whole fucking 'case' to begin with? All this other crap seems like stalling for time.

^ That's what I'm waiting for. I hope she gets on the stand.

They haven't pointed out anything that is relevant to their stupid "defense" yet.

I wonder if Baez told her to take a plea deal a long time ago but she refused.

^ That's what I think about the plea deal. She's such a sociopath she cannot imagine she'll be convicted. She believes she can manipulate everyone the way she did her mom.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I think Nancy Grace is having a breakdown on her show tonight. She is being unusually rude to her guests and is practically crying.
    The graphic says "Tot mom wants to stop trial, claims she's mentally ill".
    I don't think Casey has claimed that, and we don't know if she or her lawyers wanted the tests for Casey. How can N.G make these claims and be so unobjective?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Thread Information