Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

I had to laugh at the dig the pros. made about her now remembering, since she had a meds change in 2009. lmao!!!

What caught my attention about her testimony today, was what she remembered clearly, and not clearly, from that day. She told the pros. she probably was at home that afternoon searching online, because she took some time off from work that week. But she wasn't quite clear if it was on the days, and times, she was questioned on.

But she DID remember clearly a pop up of a you tube video about a neck breaking stunt a kid did on a skateboard. WTF?? She can't remember clearly if she was actually at work like her time card said on those days,...but she does remember the you tube video about a neck breaking stunt online??

Give me a fucking break!! She doesn't remember shit! She is just STILL trying to cover for Casey,...even after she KNOWS the cunt killed her own grandchild. Sickening!!

The prosecution should have already covered this base during their turn at bat. When you have 3 adults having access to a computer and you want to exclude 2 of them from having operated it at a particular time, you do your best to establish the whereabouts of those 2 during that particular time. Common sense.
    They did cover their bases as much as any attorney can, by getting Cindy's work records to establish that she was at work at the time their searches were done at home. (Cindy is now claiming that her timesheets are fudged.) They also took Cindy's deposition wherein she denied doing the searches and being at home at the time they were done.

Any time a witness deviates from their previous deposition they better have a damn good reason, or else they'll be impeached on the stand. One of the purposes of depos is exactly this situation: to get a documented questioning of a person, under oath, prior to the trial so that if they do suddenly start changing their story on the stand the attorneys can nail them. Like, for example, if the witness is an enabling mother who got scared shitless by the defense telling her her daughter has a real chance of getting executed unless she gets a Hail Mary pass.

No doubt the prosecution is pissed off and right now is tracking down everyone who worked in Cindy's office at the time to poke further holes in her story. Not that Cindy already didn't do it with her waffling and her "No, really, now I remember after three years suddenly doing these searches on whatever day you say they were done." Cindy is no Casey when it comes to lying.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Wouldn't a person simply search 'dog' 'eat' 'bamboo' ??? Chlorophyll my aunt fanny.
    When I saw the chlorophyll shit I thought maybe she's gardening or taking chlorophyll supplements; her reasoning behind her doing the searches is just ridiculous. They know what was searched for and how many times did she click on the links before she realized she can't spell? It's just enough for reasonable doubt, it kills any testimony and evidence from Pros re the internet searches. So it was all just coincidence...yeah.
    Posted from my iPhone
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    No doubt the prosecution is pissed off and right now is tracking down everyone who worked in Cindy's office at the time to poke further holes in her story.
    See this is what I was saying they should have done to begin with, but I don't know the law like you do. Question - would the prosecution have been allowed to be proactive in this, i.e., talk to witnesses at Cindy's job, check her phone & computer records, etc. or is that only possible now that she's pulled a Casey and changed her story? Because if they could have done that long ago, I think they should have. I'm not a lawyer and I thought that at the time because the computer searches are much less meaningful if you can't definitively rule the others out.

This development makes me think of movies where there is a dramatic last-minute witness or piece of evidence that appears that saves the day.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

They already had the records from her work, and their interviews and deposition with her, so no, they probably didn't track down other people from her work, because why need to? That would only have been done if Cindy had denied being at work or was pulling the b.s. she is now. Now they may try to bring in one of those people to impeach her, but that can't be foreseen unless you really know your witness is a loose cannon.

Keep in mind that with a case of this magnitude there were probably hundreds of witnesses to investigate and interview, who are whittled down to the dozens of witnesses to be called at trial, then there are depositions, documentation, background checks, etc. and the state may have limited funding. And I don't know how many attorneys and staffers the state has assigned to this case, but any prosecution no matter how high profile is not going to have an endless fund of money to draw on. So you can't really spend money and time going after everyone who may know a witness who may know a witness, etc.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I am not saying that they should go after every witness who may know a witness. That would be ridiculous. I'm saying that the prosecution had every indication that Cindy was a loose cannon and they should have anticipated that this mother might balk at throwing her daughter under the bus. She had already balked. She called 911 and demanded that her daughter be arrested for stealing her car. Casey had been undeniably exposed as a liar and a thief. Cindy absolutely freaked when she realized that Caylee had been missing for a month and it was apparent that Casey was not being forthcoming about it. Cindy knew what the car smelled like. Yet within a very short time, Cindy jumped back into the role of her daughter's protector. Hell, even a hack like Dr. Phil knows that the best predictor of human behavior is their past behavior.

You can't ever underestimate the bonds of family in these situations. People who by every right should turn on a family member may very well ultimately choose to stand by them. It's an extremely common dynamic and nothing surprising, and it's especially not surprising when a mother does it a second time.

I stand by my statement that the prosecution should have anticipated this and prepared for it. Those searches are crucial, and confirming Cindy's whereabouts, or attempting to, would not have broken the bank. Failure to do so may ruin their case.

Elite Member

Lobelia, well said!

It's the prosecution that decided this was a DP case. If they didn't have the wherewithal to investigate and secure that verdict, they should have gone for a lesser charge.

I understand that public outcry played a part in their decision, but it seems like the prosecution really doesn't have the evidence to make their points stick. How could they not see that the Anthonys play by their own rules? From the beginning, the parents have given conflicting statements and been secretive.

If Casey gets off, no one is going to blame the prosecution unfortunately. Just like the OJ case, no one will see how badly the case was mangled.

Pinning a DP case on Google searches makes me very queasy. It should make an appeals court uncomfortable as well, though this is Florida, so who knows.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Bronze Member

I am going to have to stop watching this trial. The Anthony's are making my blood boil this morning.

fgg

what's happening? i can't watch...

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    what's happening? i can't watch...
    Cindy is on the stand contradicting herself and saying that she left the pool ladder down.

Judge Perry is my hero though. He called out Baez about his opening statement and asked him to clarify what his defense is going to be.

The states attorney is going after Cindy as I am typing this.

If you want me to keep tabs, I will be happy too. I am doing nothing today, but fixing a computer and watching the trial.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by TheFarSide View Post
    If you want me to keep tabs, I will be happy too.
    yes, please!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    yes, please!
    Talking about Caylee's shorts now. I am not sure of the relevance. Court has been confusing today, and I am not sure that I am following.

Lee Anthony just called to the stand.

Lee is testifying that the stains in the trunk were there as long as he can remember. Sidebar. Again.
    Last edited by TheFarSide; June 24th, 2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: updating

So now she left the ladder down?

*sigh*

Bronze Member

I am sorry for the double post. The edit button was not working for me.

Baez is asking Lee about finding out that Casey was pregnant. Both the state's attorney and Judge Perry are getting irritable. Ashton just objected to the line of questioning and Perry told him to sit down and let the witness finish his answer.

Things are getting weird, and I am a little confused as to where things are going.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow that is one fucked up family; google searching "chloroform" and "neck breaking", sick fucks!

Thread Information