Page 31 of 102 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

fgg

cindy searched for choloroform?? she's lying?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    cindy searched for choloroform?? she's lying?

It sounds like it. Wow.

Getting ugly in the courtroom.

This whole family is nothing but a bunch of liars. I think they know she did it, but still want to protect or save her pathetic ass. Sickening!

Ok, Cindy said that she was trying to search for chlorophyll and google corrected the spelling to chloroform? Do I have that right? Why was she searching for chlorophyll anyway? No idea if I'm spelling it right and dgaf.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Ok, Cindy said that she was trying to search for chlorophyll and google corrected the spelling to chloroform? Do I have that right? Why was she searching for chlorophyll anyway? No idea if I'm spelling it right and dgaf.
    Yes, here's her explanation, and it doesn't make sense. Also, work records show that she was at work that day, not at home:
    "I searched for chloroform," said Cindy Anthony, as jurors leaned forward, riveted, in the Orlando courtroom.

"I was searching for 'chlorophyll' because I was worried that it might affect my dogs," Cindy said. "I was worried about them eating bamboo."

Cindy also sought to explain why such search terms as "chest injuries" appeared on the Anthony family computer before the disappearance of Casey's 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, who was later found dead.

"A friend of mine was in a car accident, and I looked up certain injuries," said Cindy.

She also revealed: "I did not search for neck breaking, but there was a pop up for a YouTube video of a skateboarder doing a 'neck breaking' stunt."

The computer searches were a key part of the prosecution's case against Casey, who faces the death penalty if convicted in her daughter's 2008 death.

Under cross-examination, Cindy insisted she made the computer searches despite work records saying she was on the job at the time.

"Is it your testimony that you were home?" asked prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick

"It's possible," said Cindy.

"Were you or weren't you?"

"I can't tell you exactly what time I went home," Cindy replied.

The prosecutor also asked Cindy if her memory is better now that her medication has changed. Cindy said "yes."

Wouldn't a person simply search 'dog' 'eat' 'bamboo' ??? Chlorophyll my aunt fanny.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Wouldn't a person simply search 'dog' 'eat' 'bamboo' ??? Chlorophyll my aunt fanny.
    I don't know, but it looks like a real body blow to the prosecution now that I see this other article. Also, how the heck did the prosecution NOT know that she was going to say this? It looks like she changed her testimony from the original deposition:

CORAL GABLES (LALATE) – Cindy Anthony, currently on the stand in the Casey Anthony trial, today possibly saved her daughter from a first degree murder verdict today. Cindy Anthony searched for “chloroform”, not Caylee Anthony, and reviewed search results on “neck breaking”, she told an enraged State attorney on cross examination. The State’s entire first degree murder case requires evidence of premeditation or child abuse. With no evidence of child abuse, the state has hoped that searches for “chloroform” on the Anthony family computer could establish premeditation. Today, Cindy Anthony destroyed that State theory.Cindy Anthony basically told the jury today that the vast amount of online searches, and computer activity on the Anthony family computer at issue in this case, were done by her, not by Casey.

Cindy Anthony said she was looking up “chloroform” because, as a nurse, she was worried it was something the dogs had eaten. She told the State she looked up the word. When the State asked her if she did the search “how to make Chloroform”, Cindy said she searched “chloroform” and that the search engine gave her “chains” of results on “how to make chloroform”. She said she clicked those search engine results, and spent substantial time, perhaps eighty or more page loads, on websites about chloroform.

The State ineffectively tried to impeach Cindy. It stated that during her depo she searched for the erroneous word “chlorophyll”. She said she did, but that the search results corrected her spelling to “chloroform” and then to “how to make chloroform”

Cindy Anthony said she did not look up the words “shovel” or “self defense”. But she did look up “inhalation”, “alcohol”, “acetone”, “peroxide”, and “hydrogen peroxide”.

When asked if she looked up “neck breaking”, she said no, but that she did review “neck breaking” search results. She said “there was a YouTube popup about a skateboarded on rails and it told me it was a neck breaking feat.”

Bronze Member

My thoughts exactly.

So it runs in the family.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Live testimony on right now. Drane Burdick is doing cross examination of a computer forensics guy. He is indicating that someone actually typed "how to make chloroform" into the Google search bar. Which would contradict Cindy Anthony's story that links regarding "how to make chloroform" were incidental to a general search for "chloroform".

Well OBVIOUSLY what she actually typed was "How to make chloroform less poisonous for my dogs."

Duh.

/Casey pout
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Live testimony on right now. Drane Burdick is doing cross examination of a computer forensics guy. He is indicating that someone actually typed "how to make chloroform" into the Google search bar. Which would contradict Cindy Anthony's story that links regarding "how to make chloroform" were incidental to a general search for "chloroform".
    i hope they call cindy back to the stand and grill her!

Sounds like she is trying to take the fall instead.

i hope they call cindy back to the stand and grill her!
    I think they did. Which is why Drane Burdick asked why she was performing a chloroform search at home when records showed she was at work.

The jury has been excused for the rest of the day while the defense and prosecution argue over whether to allow the testimony of an FBI agent. I couldn't figure out what the crux of the testimony was but the defense wanted to use something he said and the prosecutor wanted to exclude it.

Angry

I have been following this case for almost 3 years...

The information about the search for "chloroform" has been out a LONG TIME - and Cindy is just now "remembering"? My ass.

I gave the family the benefit of the doubt, their granddaughter died & they probably suspected their daughter was involved & were in deep denial. Then MORE information about how the bitch hadnt had a job in a few years... WTF?!? How do you NOT notice a person doesnt bring home a paycheck? EVER? I'm sorry, but Casey isnt THAT good of a liar that COMMON SENSE wouldnt pick apart.

And a glaring fact I cant get over, for as many mistakes as CASEY seems to have made - it seems things that her parents had control/access too (car/computer) have been tampered (car cleaned out/Febreezed, and only ONE HAIR? Seems awfully meticulous for a 20-something partyer) with or now her parents saying it was them that did these searches on the computer.

They may have not killed their granddaughter, but I completely believe they are sabotaging the state's case - going back & changing their original statements.

I hope when they prove Cindy was at work on that day that they charge her with perjury & contempt. And I would LOVE a tampering with evidence, but I doubt they will or can pursue that.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Thread Information