Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Does it sound like Nancy Grace is always saying Jinkasaurus instead of Jean Casarez to you guys too?

"Jinkasaurus!"

Nancy Grace: Coyotes did it.. Let's go straight out to Jinkasaurus, tell us Jink, the new theory is coyotes or dogs did it?

Jinkasaurus: That's right Nancy, coyotes or dogs did it.

Nancy Grace: Straight out to Sam in Ohio.. what's your question dear? Oh thank you friend. Yes, I want to run home right now and hug the twins. Thank you. That's all the time I have dear, sorry. Unleash the lawyers. Wait... let's stop.

I have a field day watching her show!

Weird that the defense is bringing up the gatorade bottle & syringe!

What does the gatorade bottle and syringe mean? I'm not 100% on top of all the details.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I'm not exactly sure but I believe they found traces of chloroform in the syringe so I thought the prosecution would bring it up but defense did so I'm not sure where they're going w/it...

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post

Nancy Grace: Coyotes did it.. Let's go straight out to Jinkasaurus, tell us Jink, the new theory is coyotes or dogs did it?

Jinkasaurus: That's right Nancy, coyotes or dogs did it.

Nancy Grace: Straight out to Sam in Ohio.. what's your question dear? Oh thank you friend. Yes, I want to run home right now and hug the twins. Thank you. That's all the time I have dear, sorry. Unleash the lawyers. Wait... let's stop.

I have a field day watching her show!

Weird that the defense is bringing up the gatorade bottle & syringe!
    Lol, too funny. I love your Nancy Grace stuff!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I do remember from what her mother said Casey asked her if she could have an abortion or give baby up for adoption, but the grandmother said no, and that she felt raising a child would help her grow up. I honestly doubt she ever wanted that child, grandma probably used the child as a chance to start over.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

If she didn't want her daughter, she could have had an abortion. Or after the fact, given her to her grandparents. That's why I don't understand this bitch. If you didn't want your child, then there were so many options available. UGH.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Never noticed before, but now I will, lol!
    My son thought Caylee's name was Keely for a while thanks to N.G's pronunciation.
    Haha. It does sound like she says it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    What does the gatorade bottle and syringe mean? I'm not 100% on top of all the details.
    I think the syringe was found in the bottle? Somewhere next to little Caylee. The syringe had chloroform (or traces). I'm not well-versed on this. And yeah you'd think the state would bring this up, no the defense.

I am not a huge fan of the death penalty. If ONLY there were a videotape or something of her coldly killing that little girl. Everyone would say "Die in a fire bitch!" LOL

fgg

did anyone hear about the issue with florida's death penalty? i heard a quick reference on the news this morning but i don't know what the issue is or what the potential impact is for casey.

Just saw a quote from George and Cindy's attorney, Mark Lippman.

When asked if the Anthony's hope Casey is found guilty, Lippman answered, "No. They want to see the truth. They want to see justice. They do not think she's innocent". That is a direct quote!

He then goes on to say, "The Anthony family maintains that they simply want justice in this case...they do NOT under any circumstances support any theory that the defense has put forward regarding George Anthony's actions"
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    did anyone hear about the issue with florida's death penalty? i heard a quick reference on the news this morning but i don't know what the issue is or what the potential impact is for casey.
    It looks like a circuit court judge deemed the way that Florida hands out the death penalty as unconstitutional. Something to do with how the jury determines aggregating factors and other factors that led to the decision and that these are not always in line with the judge's assessment, and often not available to reviewing courts.

And the Anthonys backtrack....

Attorney for Casey's parents: I never said they thought she was guilty
    'I only said they have no idea what happened,' attorney Mark Lippman fired back today.

By Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel
    10:22 a.m. CDT, June 23, 2011

Mark Lippman, the attorney for the parents of accused child-killer Casey Anthony, denied the CNN report that his clients think Casey Anthony is guilty of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie.

Lippman did not appear on camera during the Anderson Cooper 360 report that aired Wednesday on CNN, but he spoke about that interview this morning from the Orange County Courthouse during a break in testimony in the Casey Anthony murder trial.

"I've never said they thought she was guilty," Lippman said. "I only said they have no idea what happened. They have no idea what the facts are. That's why they're sitting in the courtroom every single day. They hope they can get some semblance of truth."

Lippman added that "obviously" there was some misunderstanding in the reporting.

He said his statements were taken and "qualified to say that my clients think she is guilty...Based on his story it sounds like I was saying my clients think she is guilty of murder. I never said that. And any inference to that is wrong."

Reporter Gary Tuchman started the segment on CNN by stating he didn't "want to sensationalize this."

He continued the report by saying he asked Lippman: "Do your clients George and Cindy Anthony think that [Casey Anthony] is not guilty?"

Lippman's response was that "they don't think that…they do not believe she is innocent," Tuchman told Cooper.

Tuchman added that Lippman stressed that his clients "support her and don't want her to get the death penalty."

On Wednesday, Lippman fired off a statement after the show aired, stating that he had allowed Tuchman "to make speculations regarding the Anthony family" during a four-minute interview outside the Orange County Courthouse.

The lawyer's statement shows the Anthonys "simply want justice in this case" and do not support the defense team's allegations "regarding George Anthony's actions" of sexual abuse and helping his daughter dispose of Caylee's body.

His statement also shows the Anthonys do not want their daughter to receive the death penalty.

CNN Casey Anthony: CNN Casey Anthony interview with parents' attorney - chicagotribune.com
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

fgg

Inside the Casey Anthony Trial: Who Is Judge Belvin Perry?

During the Casey Anthony murder trial, senior writer Michelle Tauber has been providing exclusive behind-the-scenes impressions and insights from PEOPLE's up-close courtroom seat

"Judge Perry is my homeboy."

So say the T-shirts that went on sale near the Orange County Regional courthouse in Orlando, Fla., shortly after Belvin Perry Jr. began presiding over the Casey Anthony murder trial on May 24.

Shrewd, sharp and utterly no-nonsense, Perry, 61, has emerged as a star during the widely watched trial, despite – or perhaps because of – his seeming disinterest in the cameras that capture the ongoing drama in courtroom 23.

In person, Perry – who presides as chief judge of Florida's massive Ninth Judicial Circuit – initially evokes The Office's world-weary Stanley: hangdog expressions, a "let's just get on with it" air. You wonder if he would rather be doing a crossword puzzle in a comfy chair at home.

But as soon as court is called to order, there can be no mistaking that this judge is acutely in control.

Long regarded as a "judge's judge" by his peers, "what you see is what you get with him," says longtime Orlando criminal defense attorney Bill Umansky, who has tried cases before Perry. "He's not acting any differently in this trial than in any other trial. He is very hard-working, very educated, very smart."

Experienced Segregation

The son of one of Orlando's first black police officers, Belvin Perry Sr., Judge Perry grew up in segregated Orlando in the 1950s and 1960s. In April he told the Orlando Sentinel that for a long time he and his friends were barred from sitting at the lunch counter at Woolworths, and when they finally could, "it was like that was a great experience to be able to walk in and get a hot dog for the many years that you couldn't."

A gifted intellectual, he obtained bachelor's and master's degrees from Tuskegee University before graduating with a law degree from Texas Southern University.

After working as a prosecutor he promptly rose through the ranks of the judiciary but hit a roadblock in 1998 when he publicly acknowledged – and apologized for – an affair with a former deputy court administrator. "The first thing you learn," he told the Orlando Sentinel, "is how human you are."

'Doesn't Suffer Fools'

A veteran of capital felony cases, Judge Perry has repeatedly demonstrated that he has little patience for bickering among the lawyers in the Casey Anthony murder trial, chiding both sides for "gamesmanship" on June 20.

"He doesn't suffer fools," says Umansky.

When he does issue reprimands, it is with the firm but understated tone of a quietly stern father who needn't raise his voice to be heard. So while the heat index outside the Florida courtroom soars into the 100s, inside, Judge Perry never loses his cool.

"He's not a yeller," says Zahra Umansky, a criminal defense attorney in private practice with her husband Bill who has also worked with Perry. "He's very respectful to all the parties: the litigants, the attorneys. He's not going to get caught up in theatrics." Accordingly, "you don't walk into his courtroom unprepared."

A Tough Judge

Beyond his well-established expectations for lawyers, Judge Perry is also widely regarded for handing down firm sentences that stick.

"He's fair, but he's known to be a tough sentencer," says attorney Bill Umansky. "He takes a lot of pride in his rulings, and he does not like to be reversed."

Casey Anthony, who faces the death penalty for allegedly murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, surely knows of Perry's tough reputation. She rarely looks at him directly, nor he at her.

But there's one party in the courtroom to whom the judge often shows a softer side: the jury.

Avuncular and attentive to them, he often asks in his slow southern drawl if they're comfortable, enjoying their meals, and so forth. In return, they grant him something rarely glimpsed in courtroom 23: a dozen friendly smiles.

Just think of the obstacles that man has overcome to get where he is today. Thanks for posting that, fgg.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Fantastic judge. Nice that he really cares about the jury. It must be confusing to them, this carnival of a trial.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Casey Anthony, who faces the death penalty for allegedly murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, surely knows of Perry's tough reputation. She rarely looks at him directly, nor he at her.
    She barely looks at anyone other than Bozo Baez.

Shit, her mom said I love you to her and she barely acknowledged her.

HAGFACE!

Bronze Member

Cindy Anthony is now testifying that she searched for the word "chloroform" on the computer.

The states attorney is tearing her a new one.

Casey Anthony Trial: Courtroom View

Thread Information