Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    George Anthony is an ass. He is just talking around every question he is asked, and trying to not answer anything he is directly asked. Then he gets pissy. I wouldn't be surprised if this asshole was involved in Caylee's death.
    I didn't get to see it. So was he asked directly if he was involved in Caylee's death?

George Anthony Testifies

Following explosive allegations against George Anthony in the defense opening statement, prosecutor Jeff Ashton called him as the state’s first witness on Tuesday afternoon.
    Under direct questioning, George Anthony denied ever molesting daughter Casey Anthony or committing any inappropriate acts in her presence. He also denied being present when granddaughter Caylee Anthony died. He said he did not dispose of her body and he did not place duct tape over her mouth.
    Defense attorney Jose Baez had claimed that Casey learned to lie at eight years old when her father started sexually abusing her and that Caylee drowned in the family pool on June 16, 2008 while George and Casey were home.
    George Anthony testified about being present in the delivery room when Caylee was born and said he was “elated.” He said he acted like a father for Caylee because he was there every day, talking about their routine and her favorite movie, “Lady and the Tramp.” He said he had wanted to believe Casey was working as an event planner at Universal Studios and part-time at the Sports Authority and that she had a babysitter named Zanny, but he never met her.
    Baez began cross examination by challenging George about when he learned Casey was pregnant with Caylee. He said it was when she was seven months pregnant, though he had a feeling earlier that she might have been.
    George also acknowledged telling an FBI agent in July 2008 that he suspected his daughter had not been working for the last two years. He also said he went to the Sports Authority once looking for Casey and found out she was not there. Still, he testified that he believed she had a job at the time. He said he never asked to meet Caylee’s nanny and never saw photos of her, but as far as he knew, Casey was dropping Caylee off with her every day on her way to work.
    He testified that Caylee loved to swim and went into the pool as frequently as she could. Baez then turned to questions about George and Cindy’s marital relationship. George admitted that he moved out of the house at one point in 2005 because of financial issues related to his internet gambling and falling for a Nigerian bank scam.
    Baez questioned why George remembered exactly what Caylee was wearing on June 16, 2008 if he did not know it was the last time he would ever see her. He also suggested there was something suspicious about George consulting with a lawyer within 24 hours after Caylee was reported missing. George said he sought advice from a worker’s compensation attorney because he had nobody else to turn to. On redirect, George said the attorney was just a friend who had helped the family out in the past.
    George also testified that he was concerned when he found out Casey’s Pontiac Sunfire had been towed, but he did not tell anyone at the wrecking yard that his daughter and granddaughter were missing.

The ex boyfriend is being examined today. He gives off such a apathetic vibe towards the whole thing. Creepy.

That fucking idiot George fell for a Nigerian bank scam?? WTF? He's a cop! Wow....just wow.

Apparently one of George's ex mistresses is going to testify too.....she claims he told her he was in on it.

They finished up with one ex-boyfriend this morning, some Anthony guy. They have broke for lunch now and will come back with testimony from another ex-boyfriend.

Who the hell is the father of this kid anyway? All we know is it ISNT her brother. Thank God. No idea otherwise....doesn't anyone else find that interesting? Where's the defense on this? Maybe the phantom father came in and took her and killed her? Duh hello?

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I didn't get to see it. So was he asked directly if he was involved in Caylee's death?

The part I watched with George today was a ton of questions about the gas cans Casey stole from their shed in the back yard. How he called and reported it to the police, even though he knew Casey had stolen gas from them in the past. He didn't even call her to check and see if she did it, he just called the cops. And then later, Casey was at the house and didn't want her Dad to get in her trunk and she threw the gas cans back at him. They were also very interested in some duct tape that was on the gas can. Asking him if he put the tape on the can.

I missed the day of the opening statements,..so I am not sure what all they asked him about her death or the sexual abuse allegations.

I watched the boyfriend this morning. He is very detached but maybe it's just nerves. They coach you so much to just answer the question and be calm.

I kept waiting for the prosecutor to ask him what kind of mom Casey was but so far, nothing.

They did ask Anthony what Casey and Caylee's relationship was like, but he only gave a 2 or 3 sentence answer. And it wasn't very descriptive. The lawyer just let it slide. I would have asked for more details or examples.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    That fucking idiot George fell for a Nigerian bank scam?? WTF? He's a cop! Wow....just wow.

Apparently one of George's ex mistresses is going to testify too.....she claims he told her he was in on it.
    That would be interesting. However, the defense team tried that stuff in the past with Roy Kronk's ex wives and it didn't work out too well. Too much circumstantial evidence and past statements that look bad for Casey, including jailhouse conversations where George and Cindy clearly didn't know what was going on or what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Who the hell is the father of this kid anyway? All we know is it ISNT her brother. Thank God. No idea otherwise....doesn't anyone else find that interesting? Where's the defense on this? Maybe the phantom father came in and took her and killed her? Duh hello?
    I could be wrong, but I could have sworn the father of the child was a guy who was killed in a car accident some years back.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm not sure it will work here. I think Baez is in way over his head. I could have sworn I heard him cross examine Casey's friends yesterday about what she was like -- actually asking one of them, "Did you ever see Casey put duct tape over anyone's face?" Seriously.
    I just turned on Tru TV and am watching one of the exes. The judge and prosecution are laughing at what Baez is asking and saying.

Now one of Casey's friends is on the stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

The feed and connection at that Orlando Sentinel site is terrible. It keeps cutting out or freezing up. Anyone know of a better link?

I'll be surprised if the actual truth ever comes out about what happened to this little girl. Casey Anthony is a lying psychopath. She had an entire "pretend" life. She pretended to be working at Universal Studios and a sporting goods store. She pretended to have a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez (she really went all out for that name), she pretended that the nanny was in an accident and that she needed to stay at the hospital to take care of Zanny the nanny. During this time, Casey claims to have left Caylee at the hotel room with two of Zanny's friends Juliette and Annabelle!! This chick lived in fantasy land.

I do think there is something fishy about the family.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    The feed and connection at that Orlando Sentinel site is terrible. It keeps cutting out or freezing up. Anyone know of a better link?
    Casey Anthony Trial - Watch Live - Join Blog - Kathi Belich and Bill Sheaffer - WFTV

mschiff gave me this site.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    If this bitch goes free can I blame Nancy fucking Grace?
    this x infinity!

Something I heard that was interesting that I thought I would pass along, since I found it almost hard to believe that George (& Cindy) could sit in the courtroom and basically not show any emotion. Apparently there is a reason for it. The bitch Casey wanted them thrown out of the courtroom (I am assuming for the entire length of the trial) but the Judge said 'No, THEY are the victims here and deserve to be here!'...BUT the Judge said that they (George/Cindy) MUST not show any emotion, no crying/laughing/faces/etc at ALL as that may sway the jury, so in order to stay in the courtroom, they must sit there completely emotionless. That must be HARD since they are leveling some pretty heavy accusations at George, and I'm sure Cindy's time is coming too.

Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information