Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Does it sound like Nancy Grace is always saying Jinkasaurus instead of Jean Casarez to you guys too?

"Jinkasaurus!"
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Does it sound like Nancy Grace is always saying Jinkasaurus instead of Jean Casarez to you guys too?

"Jinkasaurus!"
    Exactly like every other fast talking Southern girl!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

"Jinkasaurus!"
    At first I thought it was some pet name for her. Jinxasaurus. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Also, she supposedly gave them an "intimate video" they made. And her sister is backing up her story.
    Right, cause nothing says "I know what happened to Caylee" better than a sex tape. WTF is wrong with these people?

I blame Kim Kardashian for this shit!

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I think it is turning into a circus, and Baez and Ashton are now in it to win it.
    Charlie Sheen would approve!

"Jinkasaurus!"

fgg

Why Casey Anthony Could Go Free

The evidence against Casey Anthony is extensive and incriminating: Computer searches for "chloroform" and "neck breaking," photos of her partying in the weeks after the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, testimony from multiple witnesses about a "dead body" smell coming from the trunk of Casey’s car.

But, in the eyes of the jury, it might not be enough to convict.

"This is definitely not a slam-dunk case," Karin Moore, a former criminal defense attorney and law professor at Florida A&M University, tells PEOPLE in this week's cover story. "The state doesn't have an eyewitness. They don't have a confession, so most of the evidence is circumstantial."

A prosecution source on the case acknowledges that there is "no one smoking gun" but counters that the evidence is "solid."

"People hear 'circumstantial' and think that means it's a weak case," says the source. "But what it means is that we built a case using a lot of evidence."

As for Casey’s parents, George and Cindy Anthony, a family friend says that having heard the state's case, they are not sure what to believe about their daughter's guilt or innocence.

"Honestly, I think they're all over the place with that," says the friend. "What they want, and what they've always wanted, is to know what happened."

Laci Peterson's murder was a circumstantial case too, with less forensic evidence than this one. (ONE hair, one freaking hair on his boat..)

And where is Scott Peterson now? Ummmm that's right, death row.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    This whole trial is a mess. I think that whole family is really fucked up, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were all in on it, in some way. Either before, or after the fact of Caylee's death.
    Yep, something about the whole family dynamic is so screwed up. I don't like the way her parents vacillate between covering Casey's ass and playing the victims themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Laci Peterson's murder was a circumstantial case too, with less forensic evidence than this one. (ONE hair, one freaking hair on his boat..)

Well, it was a little more than one hair. That Scott visited the exact spot where his wife was dumped in the water, on the same day as her murder, pretty much sealed his fate.

His post-murder behavior was also damning.

I actually think that one hair on the screwdriver proved absolutely nothing. The transfer of a single hair to the couple's boat could have happened in many ways, not just from Scott transporting Laci's body.

Sorry for the thread drift. I was pretty involved in the Peterson case for a while.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

True, but I think some of the jurors might have a hard time sentencing a young woman to death rather than the cold, unemotional Scott Peterson. Also don't they have a very religious juror who says she can't judge anyone? I'll never understand why she wasn't removed.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Well, it was a little more than one hair. That Scott visited the exact spot where his wife was dumped in the water, on the same day as her murder, pretty much sealed his fate.

Casey's behavior after Casey went "missing" was nothing short of
    f-cked up.

I can see why the defense put the religious person on the jury but don't get why the prosecution would have been ok with it.

From Entertainment Lawyer. 'Kneepads' is his name for 'People Magazine'.

Kneepads pulled out all the stops this week when it comes to the Casey Anthony trial, but unfortunately, from what I have read, most of it you could see on Nancy Grace. The exception being that Kneepads talks about the possibility of an acquittal while Nancy Grace has never heard that word. That is the thing about Nancy, she goes down one path and one path only which is fine if you are a blogger or writing an editorial, but Nancy is supposed to be giving both sides. Every trial she gets more and more anti-defense. Has she ever thought someone was not guilty?

Anyway, Kneepads goes through the motions by interviewing everyone associated with the trial and go for the shocker headline, but what really surprised me was that Casey's parents are not even sure if she is guilty or not. The only thing I wonder about is whether Casey did all of this alone or not. I also do agree she has a chance to get a mistrial. I don't think she will ever get a whole jury of not guilty.

Crazy Days and Nights

Nobody should be given the death penalty on mainly circumstantial evidence, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Nobody should be given the death penalty on mainly circumstantial evidence, imo.
    I agree. If I were a juror in this case, I would really need to have a smoking gun. The Googling is very compelling as is her behavior, but still. As much as I suspected Scott Peterson was guilty, I couldn't have voted for the death penalty in his case either.

"Jinkasaurus!"
    That is fucking hilarious and absolutely the truth!!! LOVE IT! I'll never be able to hear Jean Casarez again without thinking Jinkasaurus!

Never noticed before, but now I will, lol!
    My son thought Caylee's name was Keely for a while thanks to N.G's pronunciation.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

I actually think that one hair on the screwdriver proved absolutely nothing. The transfer of a single hair to the couple's boat could have happened in many ways, not just from Scott transporting Laci's body.

Sorry for the thread drift. I was pretty involved in the Peterson case for a while.
    I agree with everything you said, in fact that was my point. He was convicted on circumstantial evidence, NOT forensics.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    True, but I think some of the jurors might have a hard time sentencing a young woman to death rather than the cold, unemotional Scott Peterson. Also don't they have a very religious juror who says she can't judge anyone? I'll never understand why she wasn't removed.
    I'm pretty sure the prosecution didn't want that juror! Not sure why she got on though, maybe they were out of strikes by then?

And I agree they may be reluctant to sentence her to death. If only out of sympathy for her parents. But we are talking Florida here.

And the abuse excuse worked for Susan Smith...well it got the death penalty off the table anyway.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Thread Information