Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

An armadillo died in my neighbor's front yard once and the entire neighborhood smelled like it. Amazing how strong it was. (Neighbor was lazy & just left it there)

Also had a little mouse problem once and took some measures. One died in a central air duct that led to my daughter's room. She couldn't go in there for days. It really is a distinctive, awful smell.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

WTH? Why are they still talking to this bug guy???

ETA: Okay done with him finafuckinly!

Now the poor guy is probably going to go to the nearest bar and cry.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Oh God. Is the defense trying to saw it could have been a pig in the car???? If so, how is a pig relevant to an accidental drowning and alleged sexual abuse? HUH?
    He was as scientist who did experiments and studied bugs surrounding decomposing pigs in different situations. The defense was saying that because there were so many bugs in the pig trunk, then there couldn't possibly have been a dead body in the Anthony car (where not a lot of bugs were found). However the pig was not wrapped in a blanket and stuffed in two garbage bags, and was left rotting in the trunk for 11 days and not the 3-5 day time frame that the prosecution states. Seems the defense is totally reaching for anything...

Well I just watched the new conference with felon Vasco Thompson. The guy who supposedly had contact with George Anthony. He just claimed, he's never met, talked, or dealt with George Anthony. He didn't even have the number until February 2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    ETA: Okay done with him finafuckinly!

Now the poor guy is probably going to go to the nearest bar and cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    However the pig was not wrapped in a blanket
    Made me laugh. Funny out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Well I just watched the new conference with felon Vasco Thompson. The guy who supposedly had contact with George Anthony. He just claimed, he's never met, talked, or dealt with George Anthony. He didn't even have the number until February 2009.
    It would be awesome if Vasco got on camera & after denying any involvement or knowledge of the Anthony's got real serious and quiet and said "SO FUCK YOU MOTHAFUCKAS! Baez can kiss my ass!"

Made me laugh. Funny out of context.
    Prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked the Dr. why he didn't wrap his pig in a blanket! Everyone laughed! Good times!
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

No, they don't murder their baby girls, I'm aware. The qualities I'm seeing are the frozen-in-childhood characteristics that Casey exhibits. Little girl sing-song voice, still acting like the cutest little girl that ever was, big sad pleading eyes brimming with tears, it's often a sign of the arrested development of a woman abused at a very young age.
    IMO it's more a trait of a sociopath. A lot of people watching the live feeds have noticed how Casey can turn that stuff on and off like a faucet. When the jury's not present, she's laughing and seemingly flirting with her defense attorney (whose marriage has broken up since he started representing Casey). When the jury's in, she's solemn and school marmish. Just like Ted Bundy used to turn on the charm and become the perfect gentleman, Casey turns on the charm and becomes the flirty coquette.

I found it interesting to hear her brother testify and also her him on the tapes. I get the feeling that he does not buy Casey's shit - and with sociopaths like that, anyone who sees through them is an enemy. I think Casey hates Lee's guts. I also think she's been able to manipulate her father most easily out of the family, with flattery and vulnerability.

Here's my theory: I think her parents have the hallmarks of people who - without knowing exactly why - have been held hostage by their sociopathic daughter for a long, long time. Whatever Casey ever wanted, she got: money, clothes, cars, a free place to stay, all her problems taken care of. I think her parents ended up being so indulgent because secretly they were terrified of her. They probably got glimpses of Casey's wrath when she was growing up and decided that the smoother course was to just go with what she wanted and don't rock the boat. Lee seems like the only person who got a clearer view of Casey and thus they had a lot of conflict, because he kept confronting Casey over various things.

Casey probably liked getting knocked up because it bugged her parents and caused chaos in her parents' lives, and gave her another bargaining chip to get money and things from them. But something unexpected happened: George and Cindy loved Caylee. I truly believe that Casey, as a sociopath, could not understand the love George and Cindy had for Caylee because I don't think Casey has the capacity to love, whether it be her kid or anyone else. She not only saw the love George and especially Cindy had for Caylee, but more importantly, she saw how that was interfering with her own life. Suddenly Cindy was all up in Casey's business, suddenly her parents were finding fault and expecting Casey to do things, take responsibility. And suddenly Casey was no longer Queen Bee. As Caylee grew older, the message was becoming clearer: Caylee takes priority.

Caylee was also getting older: she was in the problematic toddler stage, getting more independent, getting more verbal and could start letting the truth slip about what Mommy was doing. Caylee was a problem, so Casey killed her and threw her out like trash without a thought. Just like how now Casey has no problem throwing her parents or brother or anyone else under the bus: people are disposable to her, like trash.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Sounds pretty much like what I've imagined. I also think she had a fit of anger when Caylee died. Caylee was probably not doing what Casey wanted, Casey got mad, Caylee said, I want grandma and Casey snaps.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

NoNo- I think you have it nailed.

Sprynkles, I don't even think Casey was mad when she did it. I keep going back to the google searches, the chloroform and the duct tape. None of those are accidents or the result of anger. She did it, she planned it, and she was relieved when it was done.

I wish they could pinpoint the year she did that diary entry. The one where she talks about something being done, how she totally trusts her own judgment (narcissist!), how happy she is now, and how she hopes her happiness continues. It sounds like what she would write after murdering her baby & the dates do line up, if they could only confirm the year. Maybe I'm not up to date on this. I don't even know if it was used as evidence...?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

Sprynkles, I don't even think Casey was mad when she did it. I keep going back to the google searches, the chloroform and the duct tape. None of those are accidents or the result of anger. She did it, she planned it, and she was relieved when it was done.
    I think she may have been wanting to kill her parents. But armed with the info about chloroform, she used it on Caylee. It might explain some of the weird searches like household weapons and hand to hand combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Agreed! I completely believe her parents saw the sociopath in her at a young age and were scared of her, so they gave in to her every want.

A friend testified at the trial that Casey told her that George and Cindy were "leaving her their house." Casey told the friend that the house would be hers in a couple of months and asked the friend to move in and share it - the friend went so far as to go furniture shopping, but then the shit went down with Caylee. I do think that Casey planned to kill her parents as well - there were absolutely no plans for them to move out, nevermind give Casey the house. I think Casey was planning to kill not only Caylee but George and Cindy and take over their house and spend their money.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

That is so damn creepy. I have been stuck on why the weird Google searches, and hadn't heard about the friends testimony about Casey's parents being gone soon. Wow!
    She had been off the deep end for at least two years before Caylee's death. With the fake job and the made up nanny and friends. The girl was nuts and no one saw it. Or she was very good at hiding it. But I bet her mom saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I found it interesting to hear her brother testify and also her him on the tapes. I get the feeling that he does not buy Casey's shit
    I agree. On those jailhouse phone calls he got on the phone & told her that nothing she was saying made any damn sense and when she asked for her boyfriend's number (seriously, bitch is craaazy) he told her that he didn't see how that was relevant/how that would help her situation. Then she said he diddn't want to talk to him anymore and to not come see her in jail.

What a hag.

he told her that he didn't see how that was relevant/how that would help her situation. Then she said he diddn't want to talk to him anymore and to not come see her in jail.
    "Excuse me - but could you PLEASE put someone more gullible on the line? Thanks!"

^ exactly, if she can't manipulate you she wants nothing to do with you

Thread Information