Page 26 of 102 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I think if she's not convicted and goes free, something will happen to her. Suicide, murder - something. I think lots of people feel that strongly about her guilt and are that polarized about her lack of feelings, her glaring and arrogant sociopathy that some "accident" or similar will probably rid the planet of her.
    I think suicide is unlikely, but I do think that she will be killed if she's released. And unless they keep her in solitary for her entire life, I wouldn't be surprised to hear she was killed in jail, either.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Vasco just had his press conference. He and his lawyer say he didn't even have that phone number until Feb. 09 and he doesn't know George Anthony except for seeing him on tv.
    Wow, that was my father's guess about the phone number. Another person dragged into this mess by the defense for nothing!
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Vasco just had his press conference. He and his lawyer say he didn't even have that phone number until Feb. 09 and he doesn't know George Anthony except for seeing him on tv.
    Hahahahaha. Epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    People forget the "reasonable" part of reasonable doubt. Is it possible that a toddler could drown in a pool and her devoted grandfather would not call 911 and would lie about it?
    Not only that. The guy is a former detective. If he had orchestrated hiding the body, why would a guy as seasoned as this hide it within the neighborhood? He had lots of time to drive out of town and leave the remains where it would have taken years to find.

And I still don't get the motive. "Wow, this is a really bad/tragic accident. I know, we'll make things worse by covering it up in a way that makes at least one of us look like they have committed a murder.!"

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Hahahahaha. Epic fail.
    no kidding. the defense doesn't even research any of the shit they are spewing.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I mean, Casey's not really beautiful, per se. She's elfin, child-like in appearance, pretty like a little girl. Turned up nose and big eyes; Its like the whole 'spoiling the cute child' let go to see what would happen at its most extreme.

And the extreme is that she lies to get her way no matter what and kills her OWN cute child when it gets in her way then moons at mommy and daddy to save her.
    There are an awful lot of women who were sexually abused as little girls that behave just like Casey.

No, they don't murder their baby girls, I'm aware. The qualities I'm seeing are the frozen-in-childhood characteristics that Casey exhibits. Little girl sing-song voice, still acting like the cutest little girl that ever was, big sad pleading eyes brimming with tears, it's often a sign of the arrested development of a woman abused at a very young age.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    ^
    Agreed. The way she was talking to her parents from jail and in jail was disgusting. If I called my mom from jail after something so crazy happened and told her not bother coming to see me or call me, that it was a waste of time talking to her, my mom would have told me "Oh it's a waste? No problem, good luck" and hung up on my ass.

She has zero respect for her parents or anyone else for that matter. Anyone who's willing to soil their family and throw them under the bus, blaming them for things they've done themselves has MAJOR MAJOR issues.
    It's also parental behavior mired in a long history of guilt. Casey tortures her mother for not protecting her, for loving the new little girl (Caylee) more than her. Something is up. I'm NOT saying that Casey was abused by her father, just that something happened when Casey was very young that has wrecked the whole family.

Also, the name Caylee is awful close to Casey. If Caylee didn't measure up to being the perfect little girl model that Casey has in her head (and she wouldn't), the kid is in trouble.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

fgg

not saying you are incorrect but something didn't have to have happened in her past. she could just have been born a narcissistic sociopath.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    not saying you are incorrect but something didn't have to have happened in her past. she could just have been born a narcissistic sociopath.
    Or that, yes.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) – Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney sprang a surprise at her murder trial on Thursday by questioning whether Casey's brother Lee could be the father of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, who was found dead in 2008.
    Judge Belvin Perry immediately dismissed the jury after defense attorney Jose Baez posed the paternity question on the first day of the defense presenting its case after 3 1/2 weeks of prosecution witnesses.
    After the jury left, a testy argument erupted between attorneys over the appropriateness of the question.
    FBI expert Heather Seubert told the judge that DNA samples from both Lee and George Anthony, Casey's father, were tested and excluded them as possible fathers of Caylee.
    During his opening statement last month, Baez claimed that Casey had been molested by her father and that Caylee had drowned in the family's swimming pool.
    On Thursday, Perry chided Baez and asked him to read up on case law on "good faith questions."
    Prosecutors accuse Casey, 25, of killing Caylee on June 16, 2008, storing the child's body in her car trunk, and then dumping it in woods near her home.
    Caylee was reported missing on July 15, 2008, after Casey's car was found in an impound lot and her mother Cindy Anthony described it as smelling of death. The child's skeletal remains were found in woods near the Anthony family's home on December 11, 2008 after a nationwide search.
    DNA and blood tests on material from Casey's car trunk and clothing, as well as from duct tape found on and near Caylee's skull were the focus of much of Thursday's testimony by three expert witnesses from the FBI.
    Seubert, the FBI's DNA expert, testified that no blood or DNA of any significant amount was found on any of the material she tested.
    Prosecutor Jeff Ashton replied: "The absence of blood doesn't mean the absence of crime."
    He asked Seubert whether the lack of blood or DNA in the trunk could be explained by a body having been wrapped in plastic. She agreed that a plastic bag or other protective material could have prevented material from leaking.
    DNA contamination was another focus on Thursday.
    A tiny bit of DNA material found on the duct tape was determined to belong to FBI document analysis expert Lorie Gottesman. The tape had been sent to her to see if she could find any evidence of a heart-shaped sticker.
    Another FBI examiner previously testified to having seen the outline of a small heart on the duct tape prosecutors say Casey used to smother her daughter.
    The defense pressed Seubert and the other FBI witnesses on Thursday about quality control at their labs. Gottesman testified she had taken great care in the handling of the tape and had no idea how her DNA had contaminated the item.
    She also said she had used special visual enhancement tools to examine the tape and found no evidence of a heart-shaped sticker or sticker residue.
    Three Orange County Sheriff's crime scene investigators testified about items found in the woods near Caylee's remains. A photo of a heart-shaped item on a piece of stained cardboard was introduced into evidence, along with photos of bags of trash gathered from the search.
    Crime scene investigator Robin Maynard said the heart-shaped item was found approximately 45 feet from the skull. The prosecution had previously shown photos of many heart-shaped stickers from Casey's bedroom, none of which resembled the heart-shaped item found on the ground.
    Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick asked whether it would be fair to describe the area where Caylee's body was found as a trash dump. The crime scene investigator said yes.
    The defense case will continue at 9 a.m. on Friday.
    (Editing by Colleen Jenkins and Greg McCune)

Casey Anthony's lawyer questions paternity, halts court - Yahoo! News
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

What the hell is this brother paternity thing about? I read that earlier in the case. Is that just another red herring by the defense or (since the FBI apparantly saw fit to test test for paternity) is it something more?

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    What the hell is this brother paternity thing about? I read that earlier in the case. Is that just another red herring by the defense or (since the FBI apparantly saw fit to test test for paternity) is it something more?
    I think the problems here are principally over who requested the tests. I believe the judge was angry at Baez because Baez asked his question in a way to try to imply that the police had requested the DNA tests - when they hadn't. By implying that the police had requested these DNA tests, the defense team could seemingly create the impression that Lee and George Anthony were at suspicion at some point, and this could give some credibility to the sex-abuse theory.

I don't know who requested the tests, but it sounds like the police didn't, and the Judge was angry at the defense team for implying it did, which was the reason for being criticized for "good faith questions".

Plenty of girls are sexually abused and don't kill their daughters and act like a straight up psycho. If anything, it makes them want to protect children, not neglect and murder them.

Re: something happening to her when she was very young or her not meeting her parents--I call BS. Yes, her parents placated her way too much. But, IMO, it wasn't that she didn't live up to "their standards" it's just that she doesn't give a f about anyone and is willing to take anyone down in order to continue down her self-centered path. She has no respect for anyone. It's sick. I'm telling you, my mother would have crushed me in the mouth if I woulda talked to her the way she talked to her mom. Shit, my mom woulda been sitting right next to me in the jail for "assaulting" me and smiled about it. LOL.

I don't buy any of her lies. It's hard to when she hasn't told the truth about a single thing.

I've watched so many shows like Dateline or on Investigation Discovery, etc., where I was astounded by convictions where there was NO physical evidence, eyewitnesses, etc. Some of those cases (as with this case), I was sure the defendent was guilty, and was glad for the "beyond a reasonable doubt" clause. There were other cases where it literally scared me to hear some of the evidence (or lack thereof) and know someone was convicted on absolutely nothing more than a theory about what could have possibly happened.

In this case though IMO, logically speaking, there's no reason for all the lies unless it's to cover up something done wrong by Casey. No reason at all. No other explanation makes ANY sense, based on all her actions and words before and after Caylee's death/disappearance. She did something to her, whether accidentally or intentionally, and her ability to pathologically lie about anything and everything just turned out to be a bonus for 30 or so days.

I haven't been following the case closely, but...unless the defense flat out changes attorneys and tacts...she's getting convicted and going away for quite awhile. Which charges, IDK, but there simply isn't any other explanation for Caylee's death than Casey's fault, like I said, whether intentional or otherwise. IMO.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Wow Jeff Ashton makes me nervous and I'm only watching him on TV! He is owning this Bug Dr...
    Last edited by Laxmobster; June 17th, 2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

fgg

more details plz...ashton is on the pros?

LOL I got excited, it's Jeff Ashton! Anyways he's for the State.

He basically tore apart the Defense Team's Bug Dr. The expert talked about the bugs found (not found) in the trunk, and how he did experiments with decaying pigs in a trunk. There weren't many bugs found in Casey's trunk, which he would expect to see with a decaying body. However this Dr. had never worked on a study or investigation where there was a human body in a trunk. The prosecution even got the Dr. to admit to the 2-3 days disposal of the body from their own timeline. This Dr also said that 2 years later, the trunk of Casey's car still smelled.

Then they talk about the trash and how no food was actually found that could make that smell. The Dr. brought up chewing tobacco, which was not found in any of the cans that could produce that smell. The smell of decomp is completely unique to that of anything else.

Sorry if I'm missing some important parts, but I think I got the basics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    The expert talked about the bugs found (not found) in the trunk, and how he did experiments with decaying pigs in a trunk..
    Oh God. Is the defense trying to saw it could have been a pig in the car???? If so, how is a pig relevant to an accidental drowning and alleged sexual abuse? HUH?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    This Dr also said that 2 years later, the trunk of Casey's car still smelled.
    Damn. I've never smelled a dead body but it must be pretty powerful if after two years the stench still lingers.

Thread Information