Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Joy Bahar asked NG why she called her Tot Mom and NG pretty much said it's no ones concern why I call her that. She was such a bitch about it. She's is hard to take.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^omg I saw that.. it was a weird awkward moment & yes, NG was a total bitch. I thought there were several awkward moments during that interview or segment.. seemed to me NG was having a hard time not being the person in charge.

Can we speculate here? I have had different thoughts through this as to what on earth must have happened.

I have thought C.A had a melt down and flat out killed her baby. Out of rage.

I have also thought, it had to have been an accident. But why the duct tape?

I don't believe for a second the story the defense laid out. And Baez said that Casey was a liar. Has been for years. So if she gets on the stand, how is she to be believed?

If she did the chloroform thing to get her to sleep and duct taped her mouth so she wouldn't cry, she would have to have had her tied up too. I think. I have heard there was a silhouette of a body in a fetal position on the trunk carpet.

Did she kill Caylee at her parents house? I thought she wasn't living there. Did she kill her somewhere else and go to her parents house? She asked a neighbor to borrow a damn shovel.

The more I watch and hear the after court reporting, the more confused I get lol!

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I don't believe for a second the story the defense laid out. And Baez said that Casey was a liar. Has been for years. So if she gets on the stand, how is she to be believed?
    This reminds me, whenever a defendant or a witness changes his story and then testifies, a common prosecutorial tactic is to ask, "were you lying then, or are you lying now?" just to get the jury thinking about the person's lack of credibility. Apparently, there was a trial here in Texas where the prosecutor asked "were you lying then or are you lying now" and the witness said "I'm lying now." Lolz.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    ^LMAO!!! I have to confess.. I practically know her beginning spiel by heart b/c I watch the show every night to make sure I didn't miss anything. She is so cunty!

"Breaking news tonight in the case of 2-year-old Florida girl, Caylee. Six months of searching culminate when skeletal remains found in a heavily wooded area just 15 houses from the Anthony home confirmed to be Caylee. A utility meter reader stumbles on a tiny human skeleton, including a skull covered in light-colored hair, the killer duct- taping, placing a heart-shaped sticker directly over the mouth, then triple-bagging little Caylee like she`s trash". Bombshell tonight.. Tot mom burps & it is audible by the entire defense table.. she didn't even say excuse me.

Thank you Laurent! Can you imagine if they had to start all over? I'm sure Casey would love it... I think she adores this spectacle. Today she was extra flirty w/turd, imo & she sometimes makes faces that are obvious she's making them for the camera.
    This is so dead on....that's exactly how NG's show starts!! BREAKING NEWS...EXPLOSIVE BOMBSHELL...Tot mom, Casey Anthony....

I think the baby died of asphyxiation in the trunk while mom was out having lulz and partying. I think Casey ignored it until it couldn't be ignored and then went into pathological liar overdrive. I think she is worthless and beyond saving, not something I believe about too many people.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I wonder what lies Casey Anthony told herself that made it okay to dope her kid and lock it in the trunk in the first place. All moms need a break sometime? I'm just going out for one night, this isn't a big deal?

I know this theory has been brought up before, but I think it's probably the simplest explanation: she drugged her kid to go party and the baby died. Then she tried to lie her way around it and it backfired.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

I don't think it was an accident because of the google searches.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Exactly. She planned to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    the killer duct- taping, placing a heart-shaped sticker directly over the mouth, then triple-bagging little Caylee like she`s trash". Bombshell tonight..

I don't believe for a second the story the defense laid out.
    That's because it's so unbelievable. It doesn't even make sense. Which is why Baez keeps shouting out "Mistrial" every half hour.

And Baez said that Casey was a liar. Has been for years. So if she gets on the stand, how is she to be believed?
    EXACTLY. Where does the truth start and the lie end? Anyone who can lie to their parents about having a damn job for 2 yrs and make it believable AND take two detectives down a hallway of a place you don't work at it & say it's your place of employment and later say it's not is a truly deceptive person. Bitch has issues. I am constantly baffled that she lied...to the COPS investigating this. That is crazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Apparently, there was a trial here in Texas where the prosecutor asked "were you lying then or are you lying now" and the witness said "I'm lying now." Lolz.
    What a dumbass. Lemme guess...the defendant was convicted? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    This is so dead on....that's exactly how NG's show starts!! BREAKING NEWS...EXPLOSIVE BOMBSHELL...Tot mom, Casey Anthony....
    It's always a BOMBSHELL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I agree. She at minimum planned on drugging her. The duct tape also show she meant to shut her up.

Cindy Anthony mouthed to Casey "I love you" as she walked away from testimony yesterday and Casey just sort of raised her eyebrows, semi-acknowledging her. It was sad.

Caylee was last seen alive on the 16th. To summarize one popular view on WebSlueths (and the timeline I agree with):

Caylee was drugged unconcious/dead with chloroform on the afternoon of the 16th. The pool ladder was moved, suggesting that Casey considered holding Caylee underwater to drown, but changed her mind and covered her child's mouth and nose with tape (just in case the chloroform didn't work) and left Caylee curled up in the trunk of the car before going to a date with her boyfriend, Tony (who had recently informed her that he only wanted sons).

That night they watched movies and spent most of the next day (the 17th) bumping uglies. Caylee's body began to decompose quickly in the Florida heat; the purge fluids on the carpet suggest her body was in the trunk unbagged for at least a day.

June 18th, Casey backed her car into her parents' garage. She asked to borrow a shovel, but returns it an hour later; the neighbour said she didn't look like she'd even been digging. She may have changed her mind - digging a deep hole isn't so easy - so instead she shoved her daughter's body into a cloth laundry bag and two garbage bags, and threw the little girl away like garbage.

Have you googled the distance between the Anthony home and the dumping site? It's less than a kilometre! I'm not surprised that Casey put a bag of household waste into the trunk before she parked it at the shopping centre parking lot (probably hoping it would be stolen).

A month later, when the car was recovered from the impound, Cindy (a RN) told 911 dispatch that it smelt like a dead body had been in the truck. Amy Z (one of Casey's friends) recalled Cindy telling her that the smell was so pungent that they (Cindy and George) really thought Caylee and Casey were in the trunk of the car. Later, when the cops showed up and Casey and her brother Lee were in the garage with the car, Lee said he had to keep leaving the garage due to how awful the smell was. And this was AFTER Cindy dumped a can of Fabreeze and other cleaning products into the trunk to try and stop the smell.

Still, even then in the garage with Lee, Casey continued to insist that the smell was actually coming from the engine and was from a dead racoon.

Interesting factoid I picked up at WS:
    Only 7 jurors will need to vote FOR the death penalty - doesn't need to be unanimous 12.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    EXACTLY. Where does the truth start and the lie end? Anyone who can lie to their parents about having a damn job for 2 yrs and make it believable AND take two detectives down a hallway of a place you don't work at it & say it's your place of employment and later say it's not is a truly deceptive person. Bitch has issues. I am constantly baffled that she lied...to the COPS investigating this. That is crazy to me.
    If Baez really acknowledged that Casey is long-time liar, he can't put her on the stand. Ethics rules prohibit an attorney from undermining the credibility of their own witnesses. (I haven't been able to watch any of the live trial but have been keeping up through this thread).

I feel really badly for the grandparents in this case. Not only do they have to mourn the loss of a grandchild that they seem to have truly cared for, but they have to face the brutal truth that someone they created, loved and raised is evil to the core. They obviously caught her in lies during her life, but what parent would jump from she lied about X to she killed her own child and blamed us?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Interesting factoid I picked up at WS:
    Only 7 jurors will need to vote FOR the death penalty - doesn't need to be unanimous 12.
    That is interesting. And it will take all 12 unanimously in order to convict her guilty if they do. I would not want to be on that jury.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    If Baez really acknowledged that Casey is long-time liar, he can't put her on the stand.
    From a defense standpoint, I can see exactly why they would not want her on stand, however, she is truly the only person who can testify that everything Baez said is true since she si the only one who can corroborate it since everyone else has said she lied (her dad, etc) about Baez's theory that she was molested and grandpa found Caylee drowned and planted evidence insinuating Casey did it.

Either way, it's screwy.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    From a defense standpoint, I can see exactly why they would not want her on stand, however, she is truly the only person who can testify that everything Baez said is true since she si the only one who can corroborate it since everyone else has said she lied (her dad, etc) about Baez's theory that she was molested and grandpa found Caylee drowned and planted evidence insinuating Casey did it.

Oh, Baez aint losing any sleep over a little thing like professional ethics ;-)

He's been judged by some board of oversight as unsuitable to uphold the law after something to do with a previous case he bollocksed. I wan't paying attention, but he's been caught out defying court rules before. Putting a pathological liar on the stand will be a breeze for him.

Did you catch his crossexam of the lead detective from the original missing person case?

Baez: "Did you ask the defendant if she committed suicide?"

Detective Yuri Melich: "If she had committed suicide, I would not have been able to ask her."

As I said before, Baez knows he screwed on the first day and now his trial strategy is to win a mistrial and then claim (again) that the defendant can't get a fair trial due to the media coverage. Long term, it wont save her because at WebSlueths they say that Florida trials can occur sans juries (via judge). But it's possible that Baez doesn't even know this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Did you catch his crossexam of the lead detective from the original missing person case?

Baez: "Did you ask the defendant if she committed suicide?"

Detective Yuri Melich: "If she had committed suicide, I would not have been able to ask her."

Thread Information