Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Thanks january, I went looking for the original links (facebook pages don't save into my browser memory, so THAT was a morbid journey) and I've come across some information that I really wish I hadn't:

The duct tape would have covered both Caylee's mouth and nose; they suspect that's how she was killed. Now I really, really want Casey electrocuted. No wonder juror 4 collapsed and need to be taken to hospital on a stretcher.

... when I posted the link - I noticed the urls began with "https"; am I making my personal facebook account insecure by posting the links?

Sprynkles, I'll try to find some info about that - this is the first I've heard about the tape on the torso in over a year. Thankyou.
    Last edited by Kat Scorp; June 10th, 2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Shit! I'm so sorry, but can someone tell me if posting the facebook links are safe when the urls start off with "https:"?

And Kat - Dr G is the Medical Examiner in that county who did the original autopsy on Caylee. She does have her own TV show.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    And Kat - Dr G is the Medical Examiner in that county who did the original autopsy on Caylee. She does have her own TV show.
    Thank Brookie :-) So she's Orlando, Florida's, Kay Scarpetta? Hope she doesn't have a Marino in her life LOL

Like I said upthread, she's da bomb. I'd want her in a forensic foxhole with me.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Alright, I've logged out of Facebook, copy and pasted the urls and gotten back into the page without needing to log back in... so I assume that it will be secure to post these links. But if any of you lovely people see a problem (security or ethically), please tell me and I'll delete the links immediately:

WARNING: UPCOMING FACEBOOK/WEBSITE LINK HAS CRIMESCENE PHOTOS - DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINK IN THIS POST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE PHOTOS RELATED TO THE CRIME SCENE The Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...JusticeNetwork here... hope I did that right (I'm using the basic editor interface).

Although the site is updated vigourously, they haven't moved all of the crime scene photos into one folder. Most are in the wall photos, so you'll have to go there and scroll all the way down due to the amount of photos.

The duct tape that had been around Caylee's skull: https://www.facebook.com/NewJusticeN...type=1&theater

Close up of Caylee's Winnie the Pooh blanket (she'd been wrapped in): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...type=1&theater

I know, I know, innocent until proven guilty. But Goddess as my witness, I could pull the lever to the electric chair and smile like Wednesday Adams. And oh look - Baez just filed for another mistrial. Like I said... 'strategy', thus.
    Last edited by Kat Scorp; June 11th, 2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Because although I can spell, I'm still a piss-poor typist.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I can't find anything on this but...I swear I heard Baez ask the bone expert today if he saw the ankle tape 9 feet away from the skull.
    After watching the trial today I now realize that Baez was saying Hankle tape.

I just don't see them proving Casey did this. I keep waiting for her to stand up and confess.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Oh, you beat me to it Sprynkles :-)

I can't watch streaming on my wireless (not well anyway) so I've been following everyone else's response to the trial; there's quite a bit of misinformation on the net and I've had to google my brains out to track down original info. For example: the knife.

The ABC news network site still says that a knife was located amongst the remains - but the forensics report lists the stainless steel knife as amongst the items left in the trunk. So you still find references on the web to a knife being found inside the garbage and cloth laundry bags.

As for the tape, you caught it - 'Henkel' duct tape. But this is another example of Baez being a dumbarse; on other message boards other people were also asking "what ankle tape" because the duct tape hadn't been presented to the jury yet and many people were unaware of the brand. So Baez - the defence attorney - put the idea of "ankle taping" into the jurors' minds; if the prosecution tried that, some say it would have been objectionable on the grounds of "prejudicing" the jury (? I'm an Aussie and don't know this myself; the American legal is over my head). Baez is so bad he could be a genius; some say that he's failing to make the prosecution prove some "theory of death" that needs to be proved in a DP case, and due to Baez's incompetence, this trial could be thrown out.

Returning to the tape, the problem is that there were three strips of (Henkel) tape put over Caylee's lower face... plus two more strips of (Henkel) tape entered into evidence. Somehow, FBI and Florida both log evidence as "Q###" but with different numbers after the Q, so until Friday many viewers/bloggers/"us" following the case closely didn't know about the other two pieces of tape (I think there being three pieces on Caylee's face, plus three pieces overall, contributed to the confusion).

The other pieces are: one piece recovered from where Caylee's body was found (threads from her shirt suggest it was used to bound her hands), and the piece of duct tape George Anthony used to plug one of the stolen gas cans he recovered from his sticky-fingered psycho daughter. It's all the same brand of duct tape; placing the body of Caylee at some point in the home (technically the back verandah - the family rarely used the front entrance).

Here is my personal opinion on the trial and Casey. I feel in my gut that she either killed Caylee and tried to make it look like a kidnapping, or Caylee drown and Casey tried to tried to cover it up. (and maybe had family/friend/boyfriend help in doing so)

And even though I think Casey should hang,...I am not sure if the prosecution has proven, without any reasonable doubt, that she has done that. But, the trial isn't over yet. The pros. isn't done with it's case yet, and we still have to hear the defense side of it all.

Either way,...it is such a terrible and sickening way that little Caylee left this world. So heart breaking,....

Yeah, it's frustrating because everyone knows Casey did it/had major involvement, but it's hard to say if all the evidence that she's a liar and was partying it up like a damn fool will convince the jury she's guilty of murder in the first.

It ends in July, this is gonna be a long haul.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Wow. I thought it was only 1 piece of duct tape but it turns out it's 3? Geez.

I agree it's hard to prove how/that she did it but all the surrounding circumstances and her behavior and not reporting it do not look good for her.

Under FL law, child abuse & neglect are listed under the definition for first degree murder. To me, not reporting her missing in and of itself is neglectful. Which would meet the definition. Even if the defense's "story" about George finding her dead/drowned and planting evidence pointing towards C and blah blah blah...even if that were true, she would have gone along w/ not reporting it which is neglectful.

In a way, Casey got lucky that the bones were found so many months & her body was decomposed. That way, no manner of death could be conclusively determined.

Everytime Casey looks down at the desk, I feel like she's thinking...she is thinking hard about everything.

I finally got to see Dr. G's testimony over the weekend and she was brilliant. Too bad Baez wasn't the one to cross-examine her. He woulda looked like a total dumbass. She definitely knows her stuff.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

if it was an accident or manslaughter why go through all this trouble and denial and lies?! the bitch did it with intent to kill and get on w/ her life w/o this baby she never should have had in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I finally got to see Dr. G's testimony over the weekend and she was brilliant. Too bad Baez wasn't the one to cross-examine her. He woulda looked like a total dumbass. She definitely knows her stuff.
    Baez probably sent his colleague out there knowing that whoever tried to impeach Dr. G's testimony was going to get a very public spanking. If Baez had tried to question her, it probably would have finished him in front of the jurors.

^ I agree.

Baez is a dumdum. He irritates me when he does his cross-examining. He sounds so condescending and douchey.

I don't agree that she accidentally drowned. Why all the lies, the hiding, the little trip she took with the police to work AND why on earth would she need to leave the body in the car and then dump it in the woods IF it was accident. Makes absolutely no sense and I think it was a stupid thing for the defense to hang their hat on.

And why the tape??? You don't need to tape the mouth and nose of a dead, drowned little girl. Again, makes no sense. At all.

I've been obsessed with this case since it was first reported. I used to live on the websleuths site and I still couldn't keep up with everything (that is one crazy bunch of people). And, yeah, Baez is a freaking moron. The only good thing about him is that hiring him could give Casey a retrial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I don't agree that she accidentally drowned. Why all the lies, the hiding, the little trip she took with the police to work AND why on earth would she need to leave the body in the car and then dump it in the woods IF it was accident. Makes absolutely no sense and I think it was a stupid thing for the defense to hang their hat on.

And why the tape??? You don't need to tape the mouth and nose of a dead, drowned little girl. Again, makes no sense. At all.

I've been obsessed with this case since it was first reported. I used to live on the websleuths site and I still couldn't keep up with everything (that is one crazy bunch of people). And, yeah, Baez is a freaking moron. The only good thing about him is that hiring him could give Casey a retrial.
    Plus, you really think that if her father was present at the drowning that he would have gone looking for the impounded car AND get it out of the lot AND that all the other family members would report on the smell. There is so much ridiculousness in the defense theory. There's a pretty common saying which is particularly relevant to this case...it doesn't pass the smell test.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information