Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I like the way you think.
    I vote death by stoning and everyone gets a pebble.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

A pebble? I'd choose a boulder if I could lift it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ is she really crying though? I just read that she was on thew new, but is there actual tears coming out of her eyes
    You're prob right... dry cries... Her parents haven't been in court room yesterday & today? I don't blame them!

Dr. G was great! I liked how she got firm w/the defense and stood her ground. That was good stuff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncRkWNV3nxs[/YOUTUBE]

So they say Dr. G, medical examiner, owned the defense attorney today.

Hee hee. Must find video.

Please do - I adore Dr G. She's the bomb, and she knows her stuff backwards and forwards.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I keep slowly reading the timeline on this site

Timeline of Events: Casey Anthony: Caylee Anthony

and just read this-

April 6 — Prosecutors release copies of letters that were allegedly exchanged between Casey Anthony and a jailhouse companion. Within the letter, Anthony allegedly claims Zenaida Gonzalez does not exist. Prosecutors further allege the letter reveals details about Caylee's remains that only her killer would be privy to.
    Did y'all know this? I never knew it until now.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^Did not know that! But I like it -the sooner this looneytune gets jailed forever, the better off the world will be. They need to stick her in solitary with a mural of her daughter on the walls.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Please do - I adore Dr G. She's the bomb, and she knows her stuff backwards and forwards.
    Casey Anthony: Dr. G electrifies court with her professionalism
    Caylee and Casey Anthony, WFTV, WKMG, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on June, 10 2011 3:41 PM Discuss This: Comments(26) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it
    Dr. Jan Garavaglia testifies during the Casey Anthony trial. Photo credit: Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel

Dr. Jan Garavaglia has impressed millions as the star of “Dr. G: Medical Examiner.” She undoubtedly won many new admirers among the people following the Casey Anthony trial.
    The chief medical examiner was in top form Friday afternoon, delivering her no-nonsense testimony persuasively. With her words, Garavaglia became a strong advocate for the victim, Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in Caylee’s death.
    The TV commentators were giving Garavaglia high marks for helping the state’s case and flustering defense attorney Cheney Mason.
    WKMG-Channel 6 Mike DeForest said Garavaglia’s comments about accidental deaths were bold. DeForest summed up Dr. G’s remarks this way: “Every single accidental death is reported, and if it’s not, there’s a suspicious reason behind it. We were partially surprised that defense attorney Cheney Mason didn’t grill her for more specifics” about that 100 percent comment about accidental death.
    The defense has said that Caylee died in an accidental drowning.
    DeForest noted that Garavaglia also brought up the issue of drowning. “She said if a child drowns in a pool, it’s reported, and if it’s not, there’s a reason behind it,” DeForest said. ”This contention of 100 percent went relatively unchallenged.”
    WOFL-Channel 35’s Shannon Butler was bowled over by Garavaglia’s responses to Mason. Butler was very, very entertaining when she explained Garavaglia’s testimony: “She was very, very clear. You could tell Dr. G had had it. She was like ‘this kid was dumped in a garbage bag out in the middle of the woods. What do you mean this was an accident? This is clearly homicide, 100 percent, done.’ ”
    But Mason just “kept going and going” and looked “out of control,” Butler said. “He was trying to get her to say something that, clearly, I think all of could figure out Dr. G was not going to say. [She] does not get rattled. You see this woman is very solid on the stand.”
    Butler dismissed Mason’s notion that Garavaglia was watching media reports about the case and forming her opinions.
    “Dr. G is a professional,” Butler said. “She’s a scientist. I just thought that was bad,” Butler said of Mason’s questioning. And Butler drew out “bad” with disdain.
    WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said the highlight of Garavaglia’s testimony was her comment about not calling 911. “She killed them with that answer,” Sheaffer said of the defense.
    What did you think of Dr. G? Wouldn’t you want her in your corner?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    So they say Dr. G, medical examiner, owned the defense attorney today.

Hee hee. Must find video.
    Yes & I loved it b/c she was very firm but not jackassy. I thought it was so awesome!

eta: I loved how she pointed out it's usually not an accident if it's not reported (31 days) & if it was an accident, typically people don't wrap up the body, in trash bags, & try to hide it or discard it. She also said people seek help, especially in an accidental drowning, b/c they may be able to save the child's life.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ well yeah, thats all pretty obvious huh

Yay for Dr G - she takes no prisoners.

- Mark Twain

I don't know who Dr G is (TV reality scientist?) but I'm with her about how non-sensical the defence's claim of accidental death is. Caylee was restrained with duct tape; I think I remember hearing that there was a kitchen knife in the bag. But I strongly suspect the defence's strategy is to achieve a mistrial, and then block further trials based on the claim that the jury pool is too tainted for Casey to receive a "fair" trial. Ugh!

Regarding the knife, back then (about 16 months now) I remember other details from when Caylee's remains were first identified. Leaked eyewitness reports said there was duct tape on the skull AND the body - which makes some sese because a 34month old child could get duct tape of her mouth.

But I've only seen one picture of a pile of duct tape recovered; there is a facebook site with the crime scene photos - Caylee's decomposed skull is thankfully blurred but you see the rotted clothing, duct tape, trash bags and blankets. Should I post the link here? I don't want to be too morbid, if you understand me *ducks head down with worry*.

As for the 'Casey sheds tears' crap, I cry "Bullsh!t" - she kept rubbing her eyes and nose to make them red. Also, the kleenex didn't get soggy - when I cry, my tears and snot damn near liquify a tissue in seconds. This cold, hard bitch's tissue is bone dry, save perhaps from sweat coming out of her hand now that she nows her chickens have come home to roost.

I think links with a warning are fine, and people can choose whether or not they want to click on them to see what they contain. Pictures may be too much for some people.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I can't find anything on this but...I swear I heard Baez ask the bone expert today if he saw the ankle tape 9 feet away from the skull. I surely heard wrong. But has anyone heard anything about ankle tape. Because as Kat just said, a 2.5 year old would have been able to remove tape from their face unless they were unconscious or bound.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Thread Information