Page 17 of 102 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by VadaFaith View Post
    Re: Baez's shadiness: If she's convicted, could Casey file an appeal based on incompetent representation? Could a good lawyer get her a new trial based on Baez's douche-fail?
    Yes, one of Baez's former clients already tried that (but it didn't work):
    He [Baez] defended a man accused of killing a well known boxer's granddaughter. That man, Nilton Diaz, was convicted of murder. Diaz filed a motion for a new trial claiming Baez was a defective attorney. His motion was denied.

Bronze Member

Thanks, Ganj.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    From 9-3pm, it's on TruTV (formerly Court TV)
    3-End of court day, HLN, Headline News-CNN
    Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    I watched at home last week & it was on HLN. TruTv had some of it but HLN is pretty much nothing but Casey Trial.
    Thanks you guys. HLN was starting it earlier last week. Like right when court started. This week they're joining later. I was jonesing bad man, lol.
    I did the streaming.
    As far as the 84 searches for chloroform, wasn't it 84 searches on a particular site which had something on it about chloroform, not 84 individual searches about chloroform specifically? I think the neck breaking search was pretty chilling.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by VadaFaith View Post
    Re: Baez's shadiness: If she's convicted, could Casey file an appeal based on incompetent representation? Could a good lawyer get her a new trial based on Baez's douche-fail?
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yes, one of Baez's former clients already tried that (but it didn't work):
    He [Baez] defended a man accused of killing a well known boxer's granddaughter. That man, Nilton Diaz, was convicted of murder. Diaz filed a motion for a new trial claiming Baez was a defective attorney. His motion was denied.
    I think proving inadequate counsel is pretty hard to do. Baez might be a douche, but she picked him, and unless he makes some outrageous errors, she's stuck with him. And really, he's only got so much to work with here.

Also, she's certainly had plenty of time to participate and prepare her own defense. The problem is, she's been her own worst enemy since day one. Baez (or any attorney) can't magically make that go away.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

It's been over a year since I've followed this case and I seem to have missed a bit (I followed through mydeathspace.com). Firstly, I remember that after Cindy made the 911 call whereby she said it smelt like a dead body was in the car, that she then tried to take it back when questioned by the two detectives who later persued Caylee's whereabouts. Cindy tried to dismiss it as her having panicked, and said it was really more likely to be the smell of an old pizza box that was sitting on the back seat.

So although Cindy made that initial 911, I don't believe she really thought that Casey had killed Caylee. Casey had been avoiding Lee, who managed to corner the little bitch in grandparents' home and make Casey admit that she "didn't know where Caylee was" and hadn't for a month. Cindy overhead, freaked, got in Casey's face but couldn't get a straight answer out of her darling little sociopathic daughter... so she called the cops in an effort to make Casey talk. I think I remember the 911 call and hearing Casey's voice in the background trying to mitigate the imminent trainwreck.

I also vaguely remember the paperwork submitted by one of the detectives. It was jaw dropping that Casey led them all the way into a building, walked them down the hall and then came to a stop in the main hallway before admitting she didn't work there. I mean - what was she planning to do when they walked through the door? Hope she slipped into a parallell universe?

But regarding the babysitter Zenaida Gonzales (sp?) - the apartment Casey led the detectives too was empty and had been open to public view... people who viewed it signed a datebook. The name Zenaida Gonzales was one of those who viewed the empty apartment that Casey insisted Zanny the Nanny lived and where she (Casey) had last seen Caylee. This left a few posters at MDS a little befuddled; what where the odds? Some did consider that Casey might have been telling the truth about Zanny the Nanny. Others suggest Casey was scouting for a backup story in the weeks after she killed Caylee, when her parents and especially Lee were getting loud about their worries.

And as for Baez; what a dumb fuck:

Baez - "Have you consulted Dr Vass?"

Dr Vass - "I am Dr Vass!"

I didn't follow this story when it originally came out, but since this trial started I've been following this thread, doing some extra reading, and watching bits of the trial.

It's absolutely fascinating how long she was able to get away with her lies. I've met a few people in my life who would tell stories about connections to celebs or going places that they hadn't been, and I chalked it up to being young and wanting attention. Then I lived in Vegas and met several liars, one of whom I think was definitely a pathological liar, another who had some sort of megalomaniacal personality thing going on, and a third who was a thief and on drugs most of the time, so I think a lot of his stuff was just to cover his tracks. Casey is like a combination of the liars I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    But regarding the babysitter Zenaida Gonzales (sp?) - the apartment Casey led the detectives too was empty and had been open to public view... people who viewed it signed a datebook. The name Zenaida Gonzales was one of those who viewed the empty apartment that Casey insisted Zanny the Nanny lived and where she (Casey) had last seen Caylee. This left a few posters at MDS a little befuddled; what where the odds? Some did consider that Casey might have been telling the truth about Zanny the Nanny. Others suggest Casey was scouting for a backup story in the weeks after she killed Caylee, when her parents and especially Lee were getting loud about their worries.

And as for Baez; what a dumb fuck:

Baez - "Have you consulted Dr Vass?"

Dr Vass - "I am Dr Vass!"
    My first thought would be that Casey went to view the apartment and signed as Zenaida Gonzales to try to muddy the waters.

Baez should definitely be disbarred after this. He's a total joke.
    Get it together Us weekly. And that statement by “Kristen” um obviously wasn’t her. any fan, stan, stalker, kstew role player can tell right away that isn’t her. - a Twihard

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think proving inadequate counsel is pretty hard to do. Baez might be a douche, but she picked him, and unless he makes some outrageous errors, she's stuck with him. And really, he's only got so much to work with here.
    I also think its pretty hard to prove inadequate counsel unless you can demonstrate that he ignored crucial exculpatory evidence, or mishandled standard procedures, etc. And since he was less experienced when Nilton Diaz was convicted (and whose appeal was rejected), it's probably unlikely that appeals based on Baez's handling of this case will work either.

Some of the latest news regarding Lee Anthony's testimony. Boy, Casey can tell a complicated story. She could have been a crime novelist:

Brother: Casey Anthony told him nanny took Caylee - Times Union

Lee Anthony testified his sister told him about the nanny while she was free on bond in August 2008. According to his testimony, Casey Anthony told him the nanny, called Zanny, met her in an Orlando park and held her down with the help of her sister.

He said his sister told him "it was Zanny's opinion that Casey was not being a good mother for Caylee and that she was taking Caylee from her to teach her a lesson."

Lee Anthony said his sister told him the nanny told her not to go to the police. According to testimony, Casey Anthony told her brother she didn't try to stop the nanny from taking the child because she was scared and "didn't know what to do."

Her brother told jurors that Casey Anthony told him the nanny had taken control of her MySpace account and was sending her messages that instructed her where to go as she searched for Caylee. He said his sister told him she had to "fulfill obligations" in order to see the child again.

According to Lee Anthony's testimony, the nanny changed his sister's password for her MySpace account to timer55. He said Casey Anthony told him the password had something to do with the number of days between the date Caylee was taken and Aug. 9, 2008, when the child would have turned 3.

"It was her hope she would get her back on that day," Lee Anthony testified.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I also vaguely remember the paperwork submitted by one of the detectives. It was jaw dropping that Casey led them all the way into a building, walked them down the hall and then came to a stop in the main hallway before admitting she didn't work there. I mean - what was she planning to do when they walked through the door? Hope she slipped into a parallell universe?
    This is the part that has always blown my mind. Seriously, total disconnect. Did she honestly think the cops wouldn't find out she was lying about where she worked.

WHAT DID SHE DOOOO all the time she was supposed to have been working and had a nanny? Does anyone know how long her parents knew of the phantom nanny before baby girl went "missing?" I ask that because what if she was plotting this waaay beforehand when she concocted having a nannyin the first place! She was researching months before on the computer "neck breaking" and "chloroform." So she was planning this out for awhile. Fudge.

They said when the jury saw the skull pics today that Casey started crying.

Bitch, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said yesterday that they found a search for Zanieda on the Anthony pc the day Casey's mom called the cops. Assuming it was the mom who did the search, I don't think they knew the nanny was made up for a LONG time even after the body was found.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Well I am wondering...when did she first tell her parents she had a nanny?

A year prior? Less?

Am watching Casey react to the skull testimony. Yikes.
    Was the body dug up by an animal? Or was it even buried?

I don't know, but this is really difficult to watch. That skull is just so tiny.

Yes, Casey is squeezing out some tears, although she's not broken down or sobbing. I imagine it would be difficult to see what you have done firsthand - she probably didn't even look at the body when she discarded it, now she's forced to look at it skeletonized. I think it would shake anyone up, murderers included.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

The feed I'm watching is not showing any of what the court is seeing thankfully.
    I would have had to have been taken out due to hysterical sobbing if it were me.

Everything is blurred out. But the one I'm watching has the medical examiner (?) bending down to scoop up the skull and surroundings in his hands, and just from his hands to the blurred out portion, it's just so tiny. I couldn't handle actually seeing anything, either, nor do I need to - I don't think everything needs to be put out for public display.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Thread Information