Page 15 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I think Casey was using money she stole from her Grandparents to run and party with for a long time. I read she stole almost $40,000. that would fund a lot of partying, and she wouldn't need a job for quite awhile.

Hell,...she should have been brought on charges for that theft and she might have been sitting in jail. Maybe then she wouldn't have had a chance to kill Caylee. Maybe her parents could have secured custody.
    Wow, really, $40k? I didn't know that. But you're right, it would explain how she managed to keep afloat with no job for 2+ years. I wonder how she got away with it for so long, no one noticed $40k was missing?? And her family knew about this before Caylee went missing? Shouldn't they have been a little more LIVID about it?

It blew my mind the way she so casually wiped out her friend Amy's bank account while Amy was on vacation. I guess that $1,000 was just a drop in the bucket for her.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well, according to pippin if you leave stuff just lying around unattended...
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Do you think George/Cindy still want her to be found not guilty? Of course they wouldn't want her sentenced to death but would they take her back into their home if she were acquitted?

Do you think their relationship will ever overcome this? I hope all of this has changed them & they can see how snowed & naive they were. wow... can't. even. imagine.

I'm obsessed w/this trial.

It would be hard to imagine her ever getting out of this, but going back home? Has she even spoken to them in a year? Or 2? I thought I heard somewhere that they hadn't spoken for a long time. But I have heard a lot of stuff, I may be mixed up on that.

I'm at stupid work and can't see it today.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I heard she is also up on fraud charges due to stealing money. Does anyone know if that's true. And apparently a woman named Zenaida Gonzales has filed a suit against her?

Each time I see Baez he is telling a witness "Did you understand my question?" Why does he act like a condescending dick? If you want to win the trial, you should treat the witnesses fairly, not talk down to them.

Do you guys think she'll testify in her own defense?

Do you think her parents think she did it?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    I heard she is also up on fraud charges due to stealing money. Does anyone know if that's true. And apparently a woman named Zenaida Gonzales has filed a suit against her?

Each time I see Baez he is telling a witness "Did you understand my question?" Why does he act like a condescending dick? If you want to win the trial, you should treat the witnesses fairly, not talk down to them.

Do you guys think she'll testify in her own defense?

Do you think her parents think she did it?
    She has already been convicted on the fraud charges, which stemmed from her stealing checks from her friend Amy. I believe she pled guilty, and was in jail on those charges when they charged her in Caylee's death.

A FL woman named Zenaida Gonzalez filed a civil suit against her for defamation, but the case hasn't gone to trial yet.

Baez IS a condescending dick, but in reality he's a two-bit jailhouse lawyer with 3 years experience practicing law, who is way out of his league with a capital case. I think he's a bit starstruck with all the attention and he's overcompensating for his lack of lawyering skills.

I don't think they'll make a decision to put her on the stand or not until after the prosecution rests its case. Depends on how strong they feel it is. I would LOVE to see her on the stand, but it would be a very risky move I think.

How could her parents NOT think she did it? Although I think it took them a looong time to face it. But they may not be able to admit it was pre-meditated. Much easier to believe it was an accident I'm sure.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think her mother thought she did it when she called 911 and said it smelled like a dead body in the damn car! I just think she and George were stuck in denial for so long. In the jail visits, Cindy asks Casey if they're even going to find Caylee. Once her body was found, they didn't need any more proof.

I don't think there is any way she will get acquitted in this. She may not get the death penalty, but she won't be set free.

Btw, I'm loving the dog handler testimony. These cadaver dogs are pretty impressive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

fgg

Casey Anthony Trial: Defense Claims Evidence Was Altered by CSI Tech

By Alla Byrne
    Tuesday June 07, 2011 04:10 PM EDT

Casey Anthony's attorney suggested Tuesday that crucial evidence trash found in her car was altered by a crime scene investigator.

Defense attorney Jose Baez questioned CSI technician Gerardo Bloise about drying out napkins, receipts, soda cans and an empty pack of cigarettes that was found in a bag in the truck of Anthony's car, contending that the dried-out garbage created the foul odor in the car, rather than human decomposition.

"It smelled like normal trash," Bloise testified.

"You had no idea it would alter significant items in this case?" Baez asked during cross-examination in the Orlando, Fla., trial of the woman accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Bloise said he was following protocol: "If we don't dry them out, they could grow moldy."

Jurors didn't seem moved by Bloise's testimony, and not a single one took notes. Anthony also showed no reaction in court as she sat passively by her lawyers.

Next, prosecutors called Arpad Vass, a research scientist at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, back to the stand.

Vass, who does research on the study of human decomposition, testified about the strong odor of human decomposition in the can containing air from Anthony's trunk on Monday.

However, prosecutors showed him the wrong can containing the odor from Anthony's car during his testimony Monday. After clarifying the mix up and showing him the correct can on Tuesday, Baez questioned the mistake.

"You are not accustomed to handling evidence, are you?" Baez asked.

"No. We're not a forensic lab, so we don't handle evidence all that frequently," Vass said.

Caylee Anthony's skeletal remains were found in a wooded area near her grandparents' home in December 2008. Anthony has pleaded not guilty to killing her daughter and could be sentenced to death if convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    She has already been convicted on the fraud charges, which stemmed from her stealing checks from her friend Amy. I believe she pled guilty, and was in jail on those charges when they charged her in Caylee's death.

A FL woman named Zenaida Gonzalez filed a civil suit against her for defamation, but the case hasn't gone to trial yet.

Baez IS a condescending dick, but in reality he's a two-bit jailhouse lawyer with 3 years experience practicing law, who is way out of his league with a capital case. I think he's a bit starstruck with all the attention and he's overcompensating for his lack of lawyering skills.

I don't think they'll make a decision to put her on the stand or not until after the prosecution rests its case. Depends on how strong they feel it is. I would LOVE to see her on the stand, but it would be a very risky move I think.

How could her parents NOT think she did it? Although I think it took them a looong time to face it. But they may not be able to admit it was pre-meditated. Much easier to believe it was an accident I'm sure.
    I totally agree... I never really thought they would resign themselves but it appears they have.

I still can't believe how the cold hearted twit wagon happily went from store to store, DRAINING her bff's banking account...

Then on the jailhouse videos, she tells her mom to tell Amy she's sorry (not a drop of sincerity in her voice). Poor Amy.. I'm sure she felt like she'd been hit by a truck.

The girl is one of the most disgusting people in existence and she carries herself like she doesn't have a care in the world.

Hi guys

I've been following this through you guys and other sites but I just had to chime in at this point about the altering of evidence.

For one, how can a smell even be classified as evidence? What am I missing here? And secondly, Casey's own mother called 911 saying it smelled like a dead body. Dead body vs. moldy garbage??

It seems to me that the jury was unimpressed with this particular argument, but I mean...why even bother? It's just a waste of time and money.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I was not familiar with this case at all until I came across this thread... All I got is: wow... What an abject person this Casey is. I will be very surprised if she walks aways from this. RIP Caylee

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

I totally agree... I never really thought they would resign themselves but it appears they have.

I still can't believe how the cold hearted twit wagon happily went from store to store, DRAINING her bff's banking account...

Then on the jailhouse videos, she tells her mom to tell Amy she's sorry (not a drop of sincerity in her voice). Poor Amy.. I'm sure she felt like she'd been hit by a truck.

The girl is one of the most disgusting people in existence and she carries herself like she doesn't have a care in the world.

eta: eventually will they open the evidence in bags? I've never paid attention at other trials. or do they leave it sealed incase they need it again (another trial, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    Hi guys

I've been following this through you guys and other sites but I just had to chime in at this point about the altering of evidence.

For one, how can a smell even be classified as evidence? What am I missing here? And secondly, Casey's own mother called 911 saying it smelled like a dead body. Dead body vs. moldy garbage??

It seems to me that the jury was unimpressed with this particular argument, but I mean...why even bother? It's just a waste of time and money.
    I haven't been following in real time, mostly through here and other news sites, but my understanding is that this is one of the first (if not the first) case to admit "smell" into evidence. But I would think that air from a certain contained area can be captured and tested.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I haven't been following in real time, mostly through here and other news sites, but my understanding is that this is one of the first (if not the first) case to admit "smell" into evidence. But I would think that air from a certain contained area can be captured and tested.

That's pretty interesting. Sounds very circumstantial to me, although I'd be interested in knowing how the smell is captured and analyzed.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post

I thought I heard that this was the first time that this kind of evidence (the "smell" of something) has ever been introduced in a courtroom.

Certain processes and compounds release chemicals that can probably be captured. However, what produces the compound and whether they produce a unique signature seems to be a contentious issue.

For example, I think someone testified for the prosecution that there was an overwhelming smell of chloroform in the trunk. On re-direct by Baez, though, the person agreed that the chloroform smell could have been produced by the cleaning materials that had been transported in the trunk.

Thread Information