Login to remove the ads!
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    share for those of us who can't watch! is baez getting smacked down?
    For the most part. Every time Baez objects, the Judge blurts out Overruled almost as soon as he's done saying 'tion...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I think his style sucks, but he is actually asking some good questions to this Elmer Fudd guy.
    Thank You!

This keeps playing in my head, Mawwiage...Mawwiage is what bwings us togewer today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Baez is a total jerk, he's treating DR Vass with no respect, trying to undermine him by constantly saying 'You are not a chemist.'

Baez also is trying to disprove this guys experience? Bringing up an example of the stomping ground of Charles Manson. What is this guy on?!

fgg

Casey Anthony Trial: 'Body Farm' Expert Testifies

By Amy Green and Mike Fleeman
    Monday June 06, 2011 03:10 PM EDT

When Arpad Vass opened a canister containing air from Casey Anthony's car trunk, the forensic scientist recalls that he "jumped back a foot or two."

"It was shocking that strong of an odor could be in that little can," Vass testified Monday in the Orlando trial of the woman accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

The prosecution witness is a senior research scientist at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, more commonly known as the "Body Farm," dedicated to the grim study of human decomposition.

Researchers tested chemical compounds evaporated from a piece of carpet recovered from the trunk of Anthony's Pontiac, where authorities suggest Anthony had stashed Caylee's body after the child disappeared in 2008.

Several witnesses have recalled the foul smell. Also recovered from the trunk was a strand of hair that another expert says was similar to one of Caylee's.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked if Vass believed there was a body in the trunk.

"I can find no other plausible explanation to explain all the results that we found," Vass said.

Vass had explained that he picked up the scent of chloroform, which comes with decomposition.

"The chloroform was shockingly high," he says higher than any levels he had seen in 20 years of experience.

The defense frequently objected during his testimony about the study of air samples, a novel area in the law. Until the Anthony trial, no court has admitted air sample tests in a criminal case, according to experts.

I love the guy from the Body Farm. I HATE Casey's attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I think his style sucks, but he is actually asking some good questions to this Elmer Fudd guy.
    i couldn't even tell you what this guy said. I kept hearing him say "Be vewwwy vewwwwy qwiet"
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    For the most part. Every time Baez objects, the Judge blurts out Overruled almost as soon as he's done saying 'tion...LOL
    That is funny.

How has the judge been in this trial?

I'm only streaming snippets here and there at work.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    "The chloroform was shockingly high," he says higher than any levels he had seen in 20 years of experience.
    Got damn. I bet it was total overkill

The weird science guy seemed very passionate about his work. I love a geek!

I cannot stand Baez. His condescending smirk really pisses me off. He also treated Dr. Vass like he was full of shit when we all know who is really full of shit here,and it ain't Dr. Vass.
    Last edited by Mivvi21; June 6th, 2011 at 06:28 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

this is so sick, so sick.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lobes, OT but what is with people who lie compulsively?

i imagine these people must be very hard to treat?

It's almost always one personality disorder or other, which yes, they're a bitch to treat. Ex, histrionics make up all that crazy shit to create drama, antisocials do it to manipulate/control/harm & to cover their tracks, narcissists do it to command attention & skew facts to make themselves look impressive, etc. January's friend was probably a narcissist pd, and my ex was an antisocial pd. Casey Anthony has traits of both.

I had a boyfriend in college whose father lied all the time to his mother about money and whatnot. My bf was impressed with his father's ability to fool his mother, and he believed that girls would believe anything. He would brag to me about how he would lie to girls at fraternity parties and laugh his ass off at the shit he'd get them to believe. He wasn't a liar 24/7, he did it as a hobby.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

She looks quite creepy in that photo above. Dead eyes. She looks like she's aged too. Well, obviously she has but you know what I mean lol.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    It's almost always one personality disorder or other, which yes, they're a bitch to treat. Ex, histrionics make up all that crazy shit to create drama, antisocials do it to manipulate/control/harm & to cover their tracks, narcissists do it to command attention & skew facts to make themselves look impressive, etc. January's friend was probably a narcissist pd, and my ex was an antisocial pd. Casey Anthony has traits of both.

I had a boyfriend in college whose father lied all the time to his mother about money and whatnot. My bf was impressed with his father's ability to fool his mother, and he believed that girls would believe anything. He would brag to me about how he would lie to girls at fraternity parties and laugh his ass off at the shit he'd get them to believe. He wasn't a liar 24/7, he did it as a hobby.
    this is so fascinating Lobes, I've known the type too! and even when you present the liar with their lies and evidence clear as day they still can make up shit right there on the spot to try and back-up their lie(s)! they keep it going just endlessly!! its quite fascinating but sick, b/c they always have another victim after the last one (I'm speaking of an ex too yes and he was never short of women, sometimes many at the same time, not hard to believe that he's a cop now - a lot of cops are this way)

thanks!
    i wonder what disorder my cousin falls into. he's kind of a people pleaser and wants everyone to be happy with him. guess he doesn't want to disappoint anyone but at the same time i suspect he's probably depressed too. well i don't know if he's depressed per se (not that close to him to know him that well) but there's a kind of sadness about him. and he doesn't strike me as a narcissist, more like very sensitive but also super immature and a bit child-like.
    any ideas?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well, I assumed that this lying of his has been a lifelong thing?

Look up dependent or avoidant personality disorders & see what you think.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I was thinking.....and since this bitch had no job, no nanny--and who the hell KNOWS what she was doing all day with that kid. And so many lies to keep track of....the kid was just getting in the way. Which I understand is fairly obvious, but Caylee was getting to the age where she could TELL PEOPLE what was going on...like there was no nanny. She probably felt like she had to it, gotta keep those lies rolling. AND because she's an evil cunt.
    Exactly! I'm w/you Lynnie... I tried to post this over the weekend but my phone was giving me complications. I totally believe the reason Casey got rid of Caylee was b/c her secrets were no longer safe... it was getting harder to pull off & juggle all of her lies the more Caylee learned.

I don't know how this chick sat through those visitation video tapes and wasn't mortified by the lies & how stupid she sounded! While she was watching them, in court, she almost looked entranced with herself.. she would only cry or wipe tears away at the same times she was crying in the videos. This is an amazing trial.

btw, thank you sprykles... I didn't know how the courtroom was set up either & wondered where she was, compared to the stand

eta: I loved how the doctor guy (on stand all day) would get frustrated w/Baez and say things like, 'if you say so' -lol.
    Last edited by MsChiff; June 6th, 2011 at 07:01 PM.

Well, I assumed that this lying of his has been a lifelong thing?

Look up dependent or avoidant personality disorders & see what you think.
    woah, definitely sounds like him. at least a lot of the traits. i think his family should try again to get him to see a therapist. but i also feel like i can't really butt in since i'm just a relative and i live far away and only see them at most once or twice a year.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information