Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lobes, OT but what is with people who lie compulsively? i ask because i have a cousin who's like that. his family have told me the stuff he lies about and how, as someone else posted earlier, once they tell a lie it's as if they're convinced it's fact. and he lies when it's not even necessary. and he's incredibly stubborn and gets all defensive and plays the victim and turns the cards on whoever is questioning the truth of what he's saying, like your ex. and even though they know he's lying, they still feel guilty for questioning him and get all defensive, even though they know what's going on.
    why do these people do this? i know this guy's family has tried making him get help (but IMO not hard enough) and i know they did get him to go to a shrink once - after he lied for 2 years about being in uni, getting up and pretending to go to class, always 'forgetting' to show his parents his grades, etc when in fact he'd failed the second year and then pretty much never gone back. anyway, he started going to the shrink and stopped going after a few times and, of course, lying about it.
    i imagine these people must be very hard to treat?
    I had a friend like this as well, I think that her lies were mostly petty lies (like where she was the night before, guys she had met, weird stuff like saying her car had just been detailed and it wasn't) and nonsensical, nothing to ruin her life like your cousin. The odd thing was that I truly believed that she believed wholeheartedly in her lies - like once it was out of the mouth, it became her truth. So much that when caught out, she would dig her heels in and absolutely not budge. I remember we were at a party once (and this girl, you have to know, is absolutely smoking hot) and there were a lot of guys around us. She said something about how she had met this celebrity just days ago, etc. One of the guys happened to know that particular celebrity was in Europe - maybe for a particular movie festival, I can't be sure of the particulars. She was obviously caught out - but instead of admitting it, she just looked confused, like that just can't be right because she had just met him. So she created this elaborate scenario like somehow he must have missed the festival by a few days and was at this party she was at. The guys just looked skeptical (of course) but she was not having it. She didn't look ashamed or mortified either, being caught didn't affect her because she just believed in what she was saying. It was so odd. I remember another time she said she went to the market and I know she hadn't because I stuck a note in her car door that hadn't fallen, was still there (which obviously would have when the door was open). So obviously the car hadn't moved. When I told her the note was there, her response was something along the lines of trying to convince me that she didn't see the note, and must have moved so stealthily that she opened and shut the car door and the note just stayed in place. She was so convincing that I almost (for a millisecond) bought it - she totally mindfucks people because she's that manipulative.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

You know, I was thinking... I don't even know what plausible defense Anthony's team could give to explain away everything. I was thinking, hwo in the world could they have made everything she said and did seem somewhat normal or fall in line w/ her behavior/stories...and came up empty. She f*cked herself so bad w/ all the talking she did. And lying.

The forensic expert testifying today said he and his team had never seen such high Chloroform levels before and they were "shocked."

That poor little girl. I wonder what her last thoughts were.

If that forensic expert was shocked at how high the chloroform levels were, it makes me think Casey was trying to kill the little girl, or really make sure Caylee would be knocked out and quiet for a good, long time. Or maybe she got so enraged that Caylee wouldn't be quiet that she used a ridiculously excessive amount of chloroform. That rage scenario would account for the duct tape over her mouth too.

Yeah, again, I think she at minimum tried to put her out. Either she grossly miscalculated or she just offed her. The fact there's evidence of Googling neck strangulations along with Chloroform on the internet 4 months prior to this happening makes me think her intent was to kill her. It's sad. It's much more comforting (eventhough still sick) to think maybe she just drugged her while she partied but the fact she there is evidence showing research onto how to do these things/utilize them AND that little girl had duct tape over her mouth is sinnister as hell.

Did they say if her dad looked at her during trial? I think they said Lee, her bro, did not.

Plus didn't she also have a heart shaped sticker on the duct tape over her mouth? Whether it was put on before or after she died, that's so weird and macabre, it makes it easy to think Casey's intent was to kill her all along.

I was thinking.....and since this bitch had no job, no nanny--and who the hell KNOWS what she was doing all day with that kid. And so many lies to keep track of....the kid was just getting in the way. Which I understand is fairly obvious, but Caylee was getting to the age where she could TELL PEOPLE what was going on...like there was no nanny. She probably felt like she had to it, gotta keep those lies rolling. AND because she's an evil cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Plus didn't she also have a heart shaped sticker on the duct tape over her mouth? Whether it was put on before or after she died, that's so weird and macabre, it makes it easy to think Casey's intent was to kill her all along.
    I agree. It's SICK she would duct tape her mouth and then put a heart sticker over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I was thinking.....and since this bitch had no job, no nanny--and who the hell KNOWS what she was doing all day with that kid.
    I was reading something that said George suspected Casey didn't have a job and how he showed up at a Sports Authority one day to see her but was told or found out she didn't work there.

What in the F was she doing for those two years? It's really amazing. Did she get dressed and leave like she was working???

I wonder if the duct tape came after the little girl was dead. Maybe Casey was going to try and make it look like a kidnapping. I mean the chloroform would have knocked the little girl out so the duct tape was completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I wonder if the duct tape came after the little girl was dead.

Can you imagine if it was prior to death? That's like some kind of Silence of the Lambs horror show right there.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Maybe she Chloroformed her and then put the duct tape on her mouth in case it didn't knock her out so she wouldn't scream as she strangled her.

Then put the heart on afterrwards, a parting gift from mommy? Gosh that is sick but it does make sense.

I really hope they convict her.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Can you imagine if it was prior to death? That's like some kind of Silence of the Lambs horror show right there.
    I can't even think about it. It makes me shudder.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Then put the heart on afterwards, a parting gift from mommy? Gosh that is sick but it does make sense.

I really hope they convict her.
    That is how I've always viewed the heart sticker! Her final gift.

It's interesting to notice the Sustained/Overruled ratio between the Prosecution and Defense!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    It's interesting to notice the Sustained/Overruled ratio between the Prosecution and Defense!
    share for those of us who can't watch! is baez getting smacked down?

I think his style sucks, but he is actually asking some good questions to this Elmer Fudd guy.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I think Casey was using money she stole from her Grandparents to run and party with for a long time. I read she stole almost $40,000. that would fund a lot of partying, and she wouldn't need a job for quite awhile.

Hell,...she should have been brought on charges for that theft and she might have been sitting in jail. Maybe then she wouldn't have had a chance to kill Caylee. Maybe her parents could have secured custody.

Thread Information