Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

  1. #166
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Here is a pretty good forum to follow the case. They are former members of websleuths and do a pretty good job covering everything. It's is far less overwhelming than websleuths and they enjoy good old fashioned snark.

    Forum: JusticeQuest - Powered by vBulletin

    Caylee forum: http://www.justicequest.net/forums/f...splay.php?f=28

  2. #167
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    Thanks!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  3. #168
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,757

    Default

    The first time I heard about this case, and the Zanny Nanny, I thought, um Zanny is slang for Xanax, and it would certainly make a great nanny for a party whore like Casey.

  4. #169
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    17,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFarSide View Post
    Here is a pretty good forum to follow the case. They are former members of websleuths and do a pretty good job covering everything. It's is far less overwhelming than websleuths and they enjoy good old fashioned snark.

    Forum: JusticeQuest - Powered by vBulletin

    Caylee forum: Caylee Marie Anthony - JusticeQuest
    Thanks for that link. Great site. I grabbed this photo from there. I had been wondering where Casey is in the courtroom.


    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...1.photogallery

    Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

  5. #170
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    It's so weird that she is facing the jury during trial

  6. #171
    Elite Member JadeStar70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BFE, Iowa
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    Did George bring that picture of Caylee with him to testify? I wouldn't think it would be sitting on the witness stand for everyone to see as they testify.

    Yea,..thanks for posting that picture, Sprynkles. I also wondered where she was in relationship to witnesses and the jury. So I assume the jury would be on the wall to the right of George, out of our sight?

    Edit: This trial has really sucked me in. I haven't had much spare time to post here at GR the last 2 weeks. But it looks like the gossip flow is slow right now anyway, so that is good.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; June 3rd, 2011 at 05:02 PM.

  7. #172
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    16,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFarSide View Post
    Here is a pretty good forum to follow the case. They are former members of websleuths and do a pretty good job covering everything. It's is far less overwhelming than websleuths and they enjoy good old fashioned snark.

    Forum: JusticeQuest - Powered by vBulletin

    Caylee forum: Caylee Marie Anthony - JusticeQuest
    I was following there too, until the Insessions board closed and all their members landed on Justice Quest like a swarm of cockroaches. It's almost as bad as Websleuths now. Soooo obnoxious.

    Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Edit: This trial has really sucked me in. I haven't had much spare time to post here at GR the last 2 weeks. But it looks like the gossip flow is slow right now anyway, so that is good.
    Me too, JadeStar! I made fun of all the people who rabidly followed this case for 3 years, but now that the trial has started, I'm totally riveted.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  8. #173
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

    I think she just lied and lied and lied because if she stopped, she would have to face reality/the truth. The lies kept her mind occupied. And lying had pretty much always been her main defense mechanism.
    The thing about people who lie like that (I was married to one) is after one lie is out of their mouth, it's forgotten and considered as fact. Just because the next lie makes the one before completely nonsensical just plain doesn't matter. Because they will never give an inch no matter what you say, more rational and sane people just get exhausted and end up feeling slightly insane trying to a prove a lie that the evil one will never acknowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    She prob left the car in that parking lot with her purse out on full display so someone would steal the car and she could claim they kidnapped Caylee. Only it didn't work cause the car got towed.

    Columbo Casey clearly hadn't thought about that. Idiot.
    She was probably relieved when the car was towed, because it wasn't right there for someone to question.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  9. #174
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    17,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    The thing about people who lie like that (I was married to one) is after one lie is out of their mouth, it's forgotten and considered as fact. Just because the next lie makes the one before completely nonsensical just plain doesn't matter. Because they will never give an inch no matter what you say, more rational and sane people just get exhausted and end up feeling slightly insane trying to a prove a lie that the evil one will never acknowledge.
    Wow that is unreal. I can't imagine.
    Her parents have to being going through hell. They love her and want to believe her, but can't you only be in denial for so long? No parent wants to admit this sort of thing can be real. Her parents walked on eggshells with her during those jailhouse videos. They know she can be set off very easily. The dad really knew how to handle her. The mom being more emotional just wanted to get information. Once she started pressing, Casey would get defensive. And you could see the mom's frustration. The dad would do the good cop relaxed thing with her. They know she is a liar, but I doubt they really believed she could do such a thing back then. I wonder if they think she did it now?

    Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

  10. #175
    Elite Member Lobelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    a backwards hillbilly state
    Posts
    20,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    The thing about people who lie like that (I was married to one) is after one lie is out of their mouth, it's forgotten and considered as fact. Just because the next lie makes the one before completely nonsensical just plain doesn't matter. Because they will never give an inch no matter what you say, more rational and sane people just get exhausted and end up feeling slightly insane trying to a prove a lie that the evil one will never acknowledge.
    Every word of this is true. My last boyfriend was a pathological liar. I've never seen anybody who lied easier and he had this extra-special way of making me feel like a paranoid shrew if I didn't believe something. You have a choice with people like that, if you allow them to remain in your life - keep fighting the lies, insist on the truth and lose your fucking mind trying to get it, OR just let it go. These people lie when the truth will serve them better. It's so easy. Creative, detailed lies, on the spot. Amazing skill.

    I am semi-obsessed with this case now. I have spent far too much time on that website that TheFarSide posted. I listened to Amy Huizenga's interview with the detectives about how Casey lied to her all the time. Casey was supposed to take Amy somewhere (airport?) early one day, and when Amy texted her at 6:00 am, Casey responded by saying that she was on her way to the hospital with her father. Later told Amy that dad had a mini-stroke or something. Just blatant ridiculous lies.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

    Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

  11. #176
    Silver Member Popsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Forensic expert on stand - can't give 100% assurance over Caylee's hairbrush.
    Difficult to watch.

  12. #177
    Elite Member Laxmobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Down by da beach....boyeee
    Posts
    7,648

    Default

    I work from home, so I pretty much have the trial on all day. It has become an obsession! That timeline link is great! As well as the other forum. Websleuths is so confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

  13. #178
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    48,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Every word of this is true. My last boyfriend was a pathological liar. I've never seen anybody who lied easier and he had this extra-special way of making me feel like a paranoid shrew if I didn't believe something. You have a choice with people like that, if you allow them to remain in your life - keep fighting the lies, insist on the truth and lose your fucking mind trying to get it, OR just let it go. These people lie when the truth will serve them better. It's so easy. Creative, detailed lies, on the spot. Amazing skill.

    I am semi-obsessed with this case now. I have spent far too much time on that website that TheFarSide posted. I listened to Amy Huizenga's interview with the detectives about how Casey lied to her all the time. Casey was supposed to take Amy somewhere (airport?) early one day, and when Amy texted her at 6:00 am, Casey responded by saying that she was on her way to the hospital with her father. Later told Amy that dad had a mini-stroke or something. Just blatant ridiculous lies.
    They also tell the pettiest lies imaginable. An ex of mine, from my early 20s would swear up and down he had lunch at Dairy Queen instead of Burger King, even if he had done absolutely nothing wrong. I think that's how he practiced for the big ones.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  14. #179
    Elite Member JadeStar70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BFE, Iowa
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    Casey looks quite bored listening to the guy from the body farm today.

  15. #180
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Every word of this is true. My last boyfriend was a pathological liar. I've never seen anybody who lied easier and he had this extra-special way of making me feel like a paranoid shrew if I didn't believe something. You have a choice with people like that, if you allow them to remain in your life - keep fighting the lies, insist on the truth and lose your fucking mind trying to get it, OR just let it go. These people lie when the truth will serve them better. It's so easy. Creative, detailed lies, on the spot. Amazing skill.
    lobes, OT but what is with people who lie compulsively? i ask because i have a cousin who's like that. his family have told me the stuff he lies about and how, as someone else posted earlier, once they tell a lie it's as if they're convinced it's fact. and he lies when it's not even necessary. and he's incredibly stubborn and gets all defensive and plays the victim and turns the cards on whoever is questioning the truth of what he's saying, like your ex. and even though they know he's lying, they still feel guilty for questioning him and get all defensive, even though they know what's going on.
    why do these people do this? i know this guy's family has tried making him get help (but IMO not hard enough) and i know they did get him to go to a shrink once - after he lied for 2 years about being in uni, getting up and pretending to go to class, always 'forgetting' to show his parents his grades, etc when in fact he'd failed the second year and then pretty much never gone back. anyway, he started going to the shrink and stopped going after a few times and, of course, lying about it.
    i imagine these people must be very hard to treat?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Josef Fritzl cellar trial begins
    By Honey in forum News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
  2. Civil trial of Keanu Reeves begins in LA
    By celeb_2006 in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: November 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM
  3. Dutch 'HIV attack' trial begins
    By Honey in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM
  4. R Kelly's trial finally begins
    By ana-mish-ana in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 9th, 2008, 02:35 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •