Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

I bet she hadn't thought that far ahead or that she loosely figured she'd just move to a new place to avoid questions about Caylee.

Bet she carries a lot of resentment towards her parents for foiling such a brilliant, well-thought-out plan. What a dumbass.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I think her attorney totally screwed up by making all those crazy claims in his open.
    Yeah, it seems pretty crazy. I mean, who stages an accident to make it look like a kidnapping/murder? I think they're just hoping at the very least, to get the death penalty off the table. Susan Smith used the "incest defense" and was convicted of second degree, instead of first degree murder. Of course, she didn't claim her children died by accident, she confessed to killing them. But also claimed she planned to kill herself too.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I'm also confused as to what her state of mind is after killing Caylee, why she didn't create some sort of believable scenario, and instead resorted to just not saying anything for a month! Did she think people just wouldn't notice a missing child? Did she honestly think she could just fend off her parents' questions and just keep them at bay by creating ways to cover for a missing child? I'm still pondering what exactly she was thinking - did she credit herself that good of a liar that she could go for years and years on end, covering up a dead child?
    I think she just lied and lied and lied because if she stopped, she would have to face reality/the truth. The lies kept her mind occupied. And lying had pretty much always been her main defense mechanism.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I wonder how long this trial is gonna be carried out?
    another year i claim of total indifference.

I'm betting on a mistrial.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Honestly, I'm surprised at how developed her lies are. They are so detailed. But not over-exaggerated detail, just enough to make them believable. I'm wondering how long she left the baby's body in the car for it to still have the smell a month later??

I'm surprised that she didn't make up something that would have been harder to prove. Like a random abduction or something.

I'm also confused as to what her state of mind is after killing Caylee, why she didn't create some sort of believable scenario, and instead resorted to just not saying anything for a month! Did she think people just wouldn't notice a missing child? Did she honestly think she could just fend off her parents' questions and just keep them at bay by creating ways to cover for a missing child? I'm still pondering what exactly she was thinking - did she credit herself that good of a liar that she could go for years and years on end, covering up a dead child?
    I read somewhere that (before she was arrested, possibly before the murder) she told someone that she was going to have her parents' house fairly soon. Did I make that up? If it's true, it makes me wonder if she was planning to off them, too. Solves a bunch of problems, including those pesky questions about the whereabouts of your dead child. She's certainly sociopathic enough to do it.

Otherwise, she's basically a Scarlett O'Hara. "I'll think about that tomorrow" type of approach to problems.

Can anybody recommend a really good website that shows timelines, all the evidence, transcripts of conversations, etc? I guess I should look at websleuths to find one but those people wear me out.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think she just lied and lied and lied because if she stopped, she would have to face reality/the truth. The lies kept her mind occupied. And lying had pretty much always been her main defense mechanism.
    Ultimately, I think that the lying was due to the fact that the cause of death was something so reckless (even if not deliberate) that her immediate calculation was that she would be in a lot of trouble, and that she went with her instinct to lie to put off the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I'm betting on a mistrial.
    Baez keeps asking for one, and keeps getting turned down. I think he has asked for one at least twice.

Geraldo Rivera wrote kind of a positive column about Baez, saying that a lot of people are referring to him as "Juanie Cochran". The guy has THREE years of experience and took on this trial.

^ I have not heard that about her having their house soon but it's clear to me bitch is CRAAAAAZY so anything is possible.

Timeline: Timeline of Events: Casey Anthony: Caylee Anthony

No matter WHAT, I think she DID drug that little girl. Either she died as a result of the drugging or she just plain drugged and offed her. BOTH of those instances are premeditated like hell.

I'm still pondering what exactly she was thinking - did she credit herself that good of a liar that she could go for years and years on end, covering up a dead child?
    It's truly amazing! I have no idea what she thought would happen but eventually it would catch up to her. I think she thought the body would never be found and one day she could concoct some stupid story but it fell through. You can tell her parents were greatly disturbed. Her mom called it on the 911 call when she told the dispatcher "There's something wrong--it smells like a dead body in the damn car."

That was it.

It sucks that there isn't a lot of evidence but sometimes it's just COMMON SENSE. Her lies and stories and the Chloroform and web searches and decomposition smell and her leaving the car alone in a car lot to be towed later and her partying 24/7 and shacking up with dudes and making up nannies.... don't add up! It's actually chilling thinking she could lie about so much sh*t.

Bet she carries a lot of resentment towards her parents for foiling such a brilliant, well-thought-out plan. What a dumbass.
    Yeah you can clearly see that in the videotapes and phone calls with them. She is lashing out at them when they only want to help her and find Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder&lightning View Post
    I wonder how long this trial is gonna be carried out?
    I think I read that tomorrow will be the halfway point.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Honestly, I'm surprised at how developed her lies are. They are so detailed.
    ITA. This is why I hope she takes the stand. She lied first and then lied about lying and then lied about more lying. If she gets on the stand, she will f*ck herself even more. I was on a jury not too long ago and the defendant got on the stand and it all went to sh*t. The police report, investigations and the testimony on the stand... none of them were the same story. We convincted.

Idk how long a body has to be dead for the dead body smell to occur. Anyone else know?

That depends on the environment, how fast decay happens.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I think that was the part of the basis of Patricia Cornwell's book, "The Body Farm", where they had set up a specialized area for allowing donated bodies to decompose under different environmental conditions -- because there are so many conditions that affect the decomposition rate.

I don't think Caylee died accidentally. The duct tape would make no sense. If it were to keep her quiet if she woke up, any almost-3-year-old could pull that off. Unless her hands were bound. And I don't even want to think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Ultimately, I think that the lying was due to the fact that the cause of death was something so reckless (even if not deliberate) that her immediate calculation was that she would be in a lot of trouble, and that she went with her instinct to lie to put off the inevitable.
    Yes, but she lied all the time, BEFORE Caylee's "disappearance." She lied even when there was no reason to lie--detailed, pointless lies. She just continued with the same M.O., because it had always worked for her in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    ^ I have not heard that about her having their house soon but it's clear to me bitch is CRAAAAAZY so anything is possible.
    She told her friend Amy that her parents were divorcing and she was going to get their house and take over the mortgage payments, and that Amy could move in with her there. Amy went as far as filing a change of address in anticipation of the move. (Again, a pointless lie. Girl didn't even have a fucking job to make a mortgage payment!)

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Idk how long a body has to be dead for the dead body smell to occur. Anyone else know?
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Locked in a hot trunk, in Florida, in the summer? I would think it wouldn't take long.

I wonder how long she drove around with her daughter's body in the trunk. I think it was about 10 days between the last date she was seen and the date the car was abandoned.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She prob left the car in that parking lot with her purse out on full display so someone would steal the car and she could claim they kidnapped Caylee. Only it didn't work cause the car got towed.

Columbo Casey clearly hadn't thought about that. Idiot.

^^^good theory

Thread Information