Page 100 of 102 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Have you ever smelled a dead body before? That's how Casey's dad (former cop) and the tow truck recognized the smell, because they'd experienced it before in their work and said it's something you never forget. Never experienced it myself, so IDK.

It's true what they say about the smell. I know what it smells like (I'm a nurse) and it does not smell like garbage or pizza boxes or whatever else Cindy fucking made up after. Plus Cindy is a Nurse too so chances are she KNEW what is was- she was right the first time she said it.
    HelpMeRhonda likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

It's so obvious what happened in this case. The interview with Dr Phil has Cindy being a freakin' delusional mess. But George knows what happened. He spells it out. Even if Caylee drowned, the normal reaction would be to call 911. Who covers up an accident with a murder? She drugged her in the car so she could go out to party and overdosed her. Then she left her in the trunk trying to figure out what to do. She couldn't have them find the body and be able to detect the drugs involved. When the smell became too much she went home and dumped her in the woods then drove up the street and got a shovel to bury her. She by this point had concocted a kidnapping story so she used duct tape to cover her up.

Her logic in dumping her like this was mirrored by Cindy saying "Well what would we have done with the body anyway?" Burial in the woods and burial in the cemetery, same difference. She all but made excuses that Caylee was just a shell at this point.

It's so obvious and anyone who denies that this woman killed her kid, by accident or otherwise is delusional. Baez played dirty and won. Scum.

fgg

Thumbs down

Casey Anthony is a free woman

Casey Anthony a 'strong person,' attorney says Casey Anthony acquitted of murderCasey Anthony is officially a free woman. Anthony’s probation ended at midnight Thursday because she satisfied all the conditions of her probationary term.

No longer under state supervision for the first time since 2008, Anthony, one of the most controversial women in America, is free to go wherever she wants.

But where will she go? What will she do?

Her attorney Cheney Mason told In Session correspondent Jean Casarez that she isn’t going anywhere and will continue to live in Florida with a “friend.”

Anthony will no longer have to report to a probation officer each month, will not be subject to impromptu visits by the probation officer and will be able to leave the state of Florida without having to ask for permission.

The probation was punishment for Anthony’s convictions for check fraud convictions in 2010.

Anthony was acquitted of all charges stemming from the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, but was convicted of four counts of lying to police. She is trying to appeal those convictions, but the appeal has been delayed because the attorney general’s office has asked for more time to review its argument.

But Anthony’s legal troubles aren’t over. Texas EquuSearch is suing Anthony for fraud for resources the search and rescue organization spent during the hunt for her daughter. A Florida woman is also suing Anthony for defamation. Zenaida Gonzalez says she never met Anthony, but claims Anthony damaged her reputation with statements she made during the search for Anthony’s daughter. Anthony told police a babysitter with Gonzalez’s name took her daughter.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Anthony was acquitted of all charges stemming from the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, but was convicted of four counts of lying to police. She is trying to appeal those convictions, but the appeal has been delayed because the attorney general’s office has asked for more time to review its argument.
    ^^^ This pisses me off. She can't even own up to her guilt for lying to police. That charge should stick unless there's an alternate charge called "Taking Police on a Tour of a Place You Never Worked At".
    MsChiff and sprynkles like this.

mjw
    Elite Member

CaseyAnthonySmokingGun?SearchFor'FoolproofSuffocation'FoundOnComputerDaysBeforeCaylee'sDeath,ClaimsReport

Damning evidence that was not revealed in court during Casey Anthony's high profile murder trial has been discovered, according to a blockbuster local television report airing Tuesday night.

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick confirmed in an email that someone used the Anthony family computer to search for "foolproof suffocation" on June 16, 2008, the day Anthony's father said Casey left the family home with daughter Caylee for the last time, reported the Orlando Sentinel.

The new revelation is likely to be part of the bombshell report, as well as having been included in criminal defense attorney Jose Baez's book Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story, but was not known to prosecutors before or during the trial that captured the attention of the nation, confirmed Burdick.

It comes in light of the highly anticipated report by Orlando station WKMG-TV that promises to reveal "evidence that could have changed the jury's mind -- evidence that points right at Casey," according to news director Steve Hyvonen.

"We've uncovered an astounding failure by investigators that left prosecutors unaware of more than 98 percent of a crucial batch of evidence," star reporter Tony Pipitone told Radar.

The then-unknown evidence could have had a groundbreaking impact on the case, as Pipitone reveals in a preview to the report that prosecutors "had less than two percent of Casey Anthony's internet history on the day that Caylee died. Well we have 100 percent, and what we found on that data is a search prosecutors say they would have used to help try to prove their case," he said.

"It was something Jose Baez was willing to defend but he didn't get the chance because the prosecution never brought it up, we know why now – they didn't even know about it," revealed Pipitone.

"If they had, Baez now says he was prepared to show it was her father, George, not Casey doing the search we're going to reveal."

The full story will air during WKMG-TV’s 11 p.m. ET newscast on Tuesday.

As RadarOnline.com has previously reported, Casey was acquitted of charges of first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse in the 2008 death of two-year-old Caylee, when a Florida jury found her not guilty in July 2011.

She's currently engaged in a civil lawsuit with Zenaida Gonzalez, after telling authorities that a woman with a similar name had kidnapped her missing daughter. She plans to plead the fifth.
    Casey Anthony Smoking Gun? Search For 'Foolproof Suffocation' Found On Computer Days Before Caylee's Death, Claims Report | Radar Online

Thanks mjw. I can't 'like' your post because the content, but know that I appreciate you've updated the thread for us.

It comes in light of the highly anticipated report by Orlando station WKMG-TV that promises to reveal "evidence that could have changed the jury's mind -- evidence that points right at Casey," according to news director Steve Hyvonen.
    You know what I think, news director Steve Hyvonen? I think that I don't believe this would have changed that bloody "jury's" mind. They were so stupid they couldn't grasp that the level of chloroform was far beyond any cleaning supply. They were the perfect post-"CSI" jury - unable to apply reasonable doubt because they needed 1080p security camera footage (complete with multi-angle editing and cool music) of the murder.

You know, just my bitter opinion.
    mjw and Seapharris7 like this.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

mjw
    Elite Member

Default i

more......

Authorities didn't know about 'foolproof suffocation' search before Casey Anthony trial

ORLANDO, Fla. —
    The lead prosecutor in the Casey Anthony trial said someone in the Anthony home conducted a computer search for "foolproof suffocation" on the last day 2-year-old Caylee Anthony was seen alive.

The Internet search was discussed in defense attorney Jose Baez's book, released last summer, and prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick said she wanted to confirm that detail with the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff's office doubled-checked, Burdick said on Tuesday, and it turned out the "foolproof suffocation" search had been done on a desktop computer in the Anthony home about 2:50 p.m. on June 16, 2008.

Burdick reiterated that she and the prosecution team had no knowledge of the search during the 2011 trial, after which Anthony was acquitted of the most serious charges against her, including first-degree murder of her daughter.

Asked if the newly discovered search evidence would have made a difference with jurors, Burdick said, "How can I answer that question? That's asking me to speculate."

Asked about whether the prosecution would have used the evidence, she said, "I'm certain we would have used it."

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said the never-before-seen-evidence is so significant it could've been all jurors needed to convict Anthony for her daughter's murder.

The sheriff's office wouldn't talk on camera about the situation, but they said analysts were never told to search for "foolproof suffocation," so they never did and never found it, even though it was in their evidence the whole time.

Orange County Sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said the search term "foolproof suffocation" was "never requested" during the investigation or prosecution's the lead up to the trial.

Therefore, he said, "It was not discovered. It wasn't found."

"If someone would have asked for it at that time, that's something they would have looked for," Nieves said. "The analyst never did it."

The experts who handled this part of the investigation are Sheriff's Office employees, he confirmed.

Asked what the value of this evidence might have been at trial, Nieves, like Burdick, said, "We're not going to speculate at this point."

The office will take a look at "lessons learned" in the aftermath of the search term issue, he said. That may include handling cases involving computers and computer searches differently in the future.

The Sheriff's Office may, for instance, obtain outside assistance in future cases, Nieves said.

"We'll take it on a caseby-case basis," he concluded.

The prosecution did use other computer search terms, including the word "chloroform," during the trial. But the credibility of some of the computer searches brought up at trial were placed in doubt by the defense team.

The timing of the "foolproof suffocation" search was significant, Burdick said, because it came during a point in the afternoon when George Anthony was at work – along with other members of the family.

Part of the problem with prosecuting the case was that Caylee's body was not found until months after she was first reported missing. That was in mid-July 2008, a full month after she was last seen by most members of her family.

Burdick said specific details about the "foolproof suffocation" search would have to come from the Sheriff's Office.

"We don't have the forensic tools to search the hard drive," she said.
    Authorities didn't know about 'foolproof suffocation' search... | www.wftv.com

Wait... so they only found information on the computer if someone thought to do a search for specific words? Wow.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Thanks mjw. I can't 'like' your post because the content, but know that I appreciate you've updated the thread for us.

You know what I think, news director Steve Hyvonen? I think that I don't believe this would have changed that bloody "jury's" mind. They were so stupid they couldn't grasp that the level of chloroform was far beyond any cleaning supply. They were the perfect post-"CSI" jury - unable to apply reasonable doubt because they needed 1080p security camera footage (complete with multi-angle editing and cool music) of the murder.

You know, just my bitter opinion.
    I agree with you. I think she would have been acquitted anyway even if these searches had been introduced. The jury members were morons. Even without the Internet searches, there was more than enough proof that she killed her daughter. Those jury members just didn't want to believe that a young, attractive female killed her kid.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybabe View Post
    I agree with you. I think she would have been acquitted anyway even if these searches had been introduced. The jury members were morons. Even without the Internet searches, there was more than enough proof that she killed her daughter. Those jury members just didn't want to believe that a young, attractive female killed her kid.
    Like OJ, the prosecution and Law Enforcement made a mockery of this case. I couldn't have convicted based on the evidence presented, which was mostly character assassination. They wanted to convict Casey as a despicable person, not on solid evidence.

The cops have no one to blame but themselves. They ignored the two calls about the little girl's body. They wasted time interviewing dozens of Casey's loser friends who gave them innuendo and hearsay.

The jury wasn't stupid. They lived in the area and knew the complete history of fuck-ups by cops around there (just like the jury in the OJ case.) If cops want people to start trusting them and their techniques again, they should adopt better standards.
    Sasha, Seapharris7 and sputnik like this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Like OJ, the prosecution and Law Enforcement made a mockery of this case. I couldn't have convicted based on the evidence presented, which was mostly character assassination. They wanted to convict Casey as a despicable person, not on solid evidence.
    Chloroform in trunk in amounts far exceeding rationale explanation. Plus "how to make chloroform" searches on house computer at time the parents weren't home, and Casey's online social sites were being accessed. But no evidence. Child's body wrapped up in blanket from her room; trash bag from the house; tape from the house. But no evidence. Child missing for 31 days and not reported. But no evidence. Mother invents stories about Zanny the Nanny and kidnappings. But no evidence. Casey ditches the car with the chloroform trunk in a parking lot, claiming it had run out of gas. She never returns to pick it up. But there's gas in the car when the impound collects it days later.

The cops have no one to blame but themselves. They ignored the two calls about the little girl's body. They wasted time interviewing dozens of Casey's loser friends who gave them innuendo and hearsay.
    The cops ignored the two calls about the plastic bag? I'd heard the same cop was sent to check it out twice and he lied about having done it because the motherfucker was afraid on snakes. And why shouldn't cops interview friends of the suspect? How is it wasting time to get details on what your prime suspect was doing during the time in question - especially when she's lying with every answer she gives? The job at Disney? The nanny? The apartment? Casey wasn't telling them what was going on - Casey's parents didn't even know Zanny the Nanny never existed - so it's not wasting time for the cops to interview every associate of Casey to try and find out what she'd had been doing with Caylee when Casey was supposedly working at Disney (and a sporting goods store) and Caylee was supposed to be with a nanny.
    mjw likes this.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post

The jury wasn't stupid. They lived in the area and knew the complete history of fuck-ups by cops around there (just like the jury in the OJ case.) If cops want people to start trusting them and their techniques again, they should adopt better standards.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming (to me at least) that Casey Anthony murdered her daughter. I still think both juries were littered with idiots. Also, police always interview the friends of the suspect. Casey Anthony was out partying and clubbing while her daughter was missing - all the while telling lies to her family and friends as to where her daughter was.

However, the prosecutors and invetsigators/police were absolute morons for not doing a more thorough search of Casey's computer searches. They probably thought the other evidence would have (reasonably) convicted her.
    Last edited by lizzybabe; November 21st, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
    mjw likes this.

I hate to say this, but I think Scott Peterson was convicted--and sentenced to death--on less circumstantial evidence than there was in the Anthony case. Which goes to show it's all about the jury. Peterson's was able to connect the dots and comprehend what "reasonable doubt" means.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

My take is the jury got bored with the endless "experts" & DAYS of testimony... listening to a trial isnt like a Perry Mason episode, it's BORING. Same shit over & over. Then these jurors were cut off from their family, TV, their lives, etc - right before a major holiday... I'm sorry, but they just wanted to fucking go home IMO.
    And then Cindy blatantly LYING on the stand & changing her story, I'm sorry, but that & listening to George, I would have known bitch was trying to cover up for her daughter & Biaz was grasping at straws for an excuse for her behavior.

Look, no one knows how one will react when a trauma happens... but I REFUSE to believe that would include lying to the public/cops/your family for MONTHS unless you had something to hide. And, as said before, WHO THE FUCK COVERS UP AN ACCIDENT WITH MURDER?!?! Sorry, but put me in the team "stupid jury". No, I doubt the "new" evidence would have changed anything because the jury obviously cant use their brains & Cindy would have just said she did it, & Biaz would have said it was because George diddled Caylee & he was plotting to kill her. And the jury would have totally accepted it.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Elite Member

Maybe the DA presented the best case he could under the circumstances. The body was found too late and might have been tampered with. None of Casey's friends or family would flip on her. The media was running the case, not the cops. When a large part of your proof of a crime is dependent on a smell of dead human made randomly, you might not win the case.

"WHO THE FUCK COVERS UP AN ACCIDENT WITH MURDER?!?!"

Great question. Why wasn't that part of the DA's summation?

The cops and the DA relented to public pressure to bring this case long before it was ready. That is THEIR responsibility, not the jury's. Their scientific experts and evidence were shoddy as hell. That is not the jury's fault.

Every jury in the USA is instructed NOT to invent their own theories of the crime but to judge the theories presented. Sure, everyone knows Casey killed her kid, but once you sit on a jury your job is quite different. You can't watch the media and connect all the dots like we can.

Casey was arrested too soon. Cops gave up looking for physical evidence in favor of interviewing anyone associated with the Anthonys (the father's mistress????? Really, she needs to testify??? I cringe for the prosecution.)

In comparing this with the Peterson case, the difference is obvious. That prosecution controlled the story beautifully, despite crazy parents, media circus, public outrage, a self serving defense lawyer and a volatile central witness who could have changed her testimony at any time (Gloria Allred actually helped prevent that.) Scott Peterson wasn't arrested until the case was solid and tight. The cops ignored the maelstrom of public interference, friends with rumors, a lying harpie of a mother, and depended on a clear presentation of one theory. They also lacked physical evidence but they didn't fill the gap with innuendo and crazy relatives.

I'm so tired of people blaming juries in this country. Plenty of juries have sat through boring testimony and convicted. Plenty of juries have been sequestered over holidays as part of their duties. Juries can't invent their own theories of the crime, so if the prosecution can't convince them of the DA's case, it's over, pure and simple.

I sure as hell prefer it that way than the many cases of juries just believing everyone is guilty because cops say so. We have lots of innocent people in prison right now because people trust authority over evidence.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Thread Information