Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Casey Anthony will NOT get the death penalty

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow, just wow. if ever there was anyone who deserved death; its child-killers imo.

She will get the death penalty if the remains they found today are her daughters. I really think they will go for it
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

How long would it take to test those remains?

^^I heard it could be a week or so before they get the dna test results back.

Not that she wouldn't deserve it, but I'd rather she be thrown to the wolves in the general prison population than spend the huge amount of taxpayer $$$ that capital cases require. She's not worth it, human scum to kill her own child.

I agree...Life in jail in general population so she can be miserable everyday she lives.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Well she'll be someone's princess in jail.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters View Post
    How long would it take to test those remains?
    About 24 hours for DNA, much longer for pathologist to try and determine the manner of death.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I think it is worth it to them-they have hopes she will tell them where to find the child.
    Might not need her now - a body has been found near her house:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/us/12child.html

Body Found Near Home of 3-Year-Old
    SIGN IN TO E-MAIL OR SAVE THIS
    PRINT
    REPRINTS

By YOLANNE ALMANZAR
    Published: December 11, 2008
    MIAMI — The skeletal remains of a small child were found on Thursday less than a half mile from the home of Caylee Anthony, the 3-year-old girl whose disappearance in July led to murder charges against her mother.

A utility worker found the remains in a bag in the woods in Orlando around 9:30 a.m., said an Orange County sheriff’s spokesman, Carlos Padilla. Mr. Padilla said there was nothing that immediately indicated that the remains were those of Caylee.

“We found a skull that is the size consistent of a young child,” he said.

But the authorities said that there had been no other recent reports of missing children in the area.

Caylee was reported missing on July 15, but her mother, Casey Anthony, told the police that she had not seen the girl since June, when she disappeared with a babysitter. The authorities have concluded that Ms. Anthony’s story was a lie. The case has drawn intense coverage on cable television news programs.

Ms. Anthony, 22, has been charged with first-degree murder, child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators about Caylee’s disappearance.

She faces life in prison if convicted. Prosecutors said last week that they would not seek the death penalty.

The Anthony family was notified of the discovery on Thursday morning. Since the beginning of the investigation, they had said they believed that the young girl was alive.

Todd Black, a spokesman for Ms. Anthony’s defense lawyer, said he would have no comment until after the medical examiner had identified the remains.

Forensic detectives from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office inspected the remains, and F.B.I. agents were also at the scene. Mr. Padilla said he could not estimate how long it would take to identify the remains.

The child’s grandmother first called authorities in July to say she had not seen Caylee for a month. Since then, family, the police and volunteers from around the country have searched for the little girl.

The family believes Caylee may have been seen on Nov. 16 at the Florida Mall in Orlando, and lawyers for Ms. Anthony have been pushing to obtain surveillance videos from the mall for that date.

A judge recently granted a continuance in Ms. Anthony’s case. Her murder trial, which was set to begin in January, has been postponed to March.

More Articles in US »A version of this article appeared in print on December 12, 2008, on page A32 of the New York edition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information