Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Bride Murders Groom 7 Hours Before Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Don't make me hurt you...

Just a reference to that whole "stop teaching Evolution" thing....

Ridiculous. I went to Catholic school in Kansas in the 70s and learned fucking evolution. We also had a lot of so-called banned books in our library. I think the world has been moving fucking backwords since the 80s.
    Clubber Lang and Jadestone like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Ridiculous. I went to Catholic school in Kansas in the 70s and learned fucking evolution. We also had a lot of so-called banned books in our library. I think the world has been moving fucking backwords since the 80s.
    Sorry, I was talking about the public schools, not the Catholic schools. My mom was a paleo-Catholic Kansan, and she believed in Evolution.

However, I had the dates wrong. It was 1999 when Kansas decided to delete Evolution from the state science curriculum. In 2001, though, the teaching of Evolution was reinstated.

But then, in 2005, Kansas ruled that Intelligent Design, along with other supernatural phenomenon could be taught along with Evolution as a legitimate basis for human origin.

But then, in 2007, Kansas rejected allowing supernatural phenonmena to be taught as a basis for human origin.

This is going off topic, but when I was in 7th grade (went to public school) my science teacher said that he was only going to teach us evolution and not creation as that is something we can research on our own if we chose to do so.

This one girl, a bible thumper, fought with our teacher everyday about the curriculum, saying crazy shit about how fossils were wrong and the earth wasn't very old. Saying god created us in the image of him, not monkeys! I grew up in California, not the bible belt, so luckily it was just one student going off. Finally refused to go to class anymore so the school gave her other work to do for credit. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    This is going off topic, but when I was in 7th grade (went to public school) my science teacher said that he was only going to teach us evolution and not creation as that is something we can research on our own if we chose to do so.

This one girl, a bible thumper, fought with our teacher everyday about the curriculum, saying crazy shit about how fossils were wrong and the earth wasn't very old. Saying god created us in the image of him, not monkeys! I grew up in California, not the bible belt, so luckily it was just one student going off. Finally refused to go to class anymore so the school gave her other work to do for credit. Unbelievable.
    A guy who worked for me was an adamant Intelligent Design guy. He was very easygoing until this particular topic came up. He would (emotionally and endlessly) argue about the inaccuracy of carbon dating vs. argon-argon dating vs. potassium-argon dating. He believed that dinosaurs lived with humans and were probably on Noah's ark.

My wife knows a space scientist who recommended that she read "Starlight & Time", which explains away light from sources that are billions of light years away by implying that the speed of light was "faster" during biblical times.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    A guy who worked for me was an adamant Intelligent Design guy. He was very easygoing until this particular topic came up. He would (emotionally and endlessly) argue about the inaccuracy of carbon dating vs. argon-argon dating vs. potassium-argon dating. He believed that dinosaurs lived with humans and were probably on Noah's ark.

My wife knows a space scientist who recommended that she read "Starlight & Time", which explains away light from sources that are billions of light years away by implying that the speed of light was "faster" during biblical times.

I know someone exactly like the guy who worked for you. Her and her husband are in their 30's and spout that shit. The wife even had the nerve to tell me that my brother's schizophrenia could be healed by god if my family would only pray enough. Unbelieveable.

I know someone exactly like the guy who worked for you. Her and her husband are in their 30's and spout that shit. The wife even had the nerve to tell me that my brother's schizophrenia could be healed by god if my family would only pray enough. Unbelieveable.
    Wow, sorry to hear that.

By the way, sorry to everyone for taking the thread off track, and sorry to Greysfang for potentially implying that people from Kansas aren't smart. My Kansan uncle is a West Point grad and my Kansan Mom was a mathematician/software engineer who would have had her master's from Georgetown if she hadn't been too lazy to do her master's thesis.
    DeadDwarf likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

This one girl, a bible thumper, fought with our teacher everyday about the curriculum, saying crazy shit about how fossils were wrong and the earth wasn't very old.
    I once asked a bible thumper about fossils and was told that Satan put them there to lead people away from the true world of God and into evil. SMH.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Bride Accused of Murdering Groom Hours Before Wedding

By SYDNEY LUPKIN | Good Morning America Sun, Aug 12, 2012 5:08 PM EDT

RELATED CONTENT

• Bride Accused of Murdering Groom Hours Before Wedding (ABC News)

A bride-to-be is charged with murder after allegedly stabbing her fiance just hours before the couple's wedding was to start near Whitehall, Pa.
    Na Cola Darcel Franklin, 31, and her fiance Billy Rafael Brewster, 36, were planning to tie the knot at 10 a.m. on Saturday, but at some point during the night, Franklin and Brewster began arguing, Steve Luksa, first deputy to the Lehigh County District Attorney, told ABCNews.com.
    In the heat of the argument, Franklin allegedly stabbed Brewster twice with a kitchen knife, police said.
    "One of the stab wounds punctured his heart," Luksa said.
    When police arrived at the apartment, shortly after 2 a.m., they found Brewster bleeding from chest wounds on the second floor landing.
    He was transported to the Lehigh County Trauma center and pronounced dead at 3:24 a.m., less than seven hours before the wedding.
    Luksa said the couple was not alone in the apartment when the stabbing took place. The couple's children, and extended family members were also present because of the impending nuptials.
    Franklin was arrested and charged with one count of criminal homicide, Luksa said.
    During her arraignment Saturday afternoon, Franklin told District Judge Donna Butler, "You got to check again," unable to comprehend that Brewster was dead, the Allentown Morning Call reported. She cried, rocked herself back and forth and eventually choked out, "I ... did ... not ... kill ... him ... on ... purpose."
    She is being held in Lehigh County Prison without bail, Luksa said.
    When Franklin told Bulter via the video conference arraignment that she wanted to go home, Butler responded, "You are not going home any time in the near future."

Bride Accused of Murdering Groom Hours Before Wedding - Yahoo!

Oh come on now, didn't we all stab or attempt to stab our soon-to-be husband's or wives a few hours before the wedding? Hell I still contemplate it all these years later.
    Seriously though, this really is a tragedy, this woman clearly has some severe underlying mental issues and she probably really didn't do it on purpose- 2nd degree. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Sorry, I was talking about the public schools, not the Catholic schools. My mom was a paleo-Catholic Kansan, and she believed in Evolution.
    Catholic schools here teach evolution too. The church recognizes evolution so even if you are a religious catholic there's no conflict.

CNS STORY: Church needs better evolution education, says bishops' official

The Vatican claims Darwin's theory of evolution is compatible with Christianity - Telegraph
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Off topic or no, I loved y'all banter so I five starred it. Greys, I've been saying for the last ten years that human civilisation peaked in the 80s. Those hairstyles were awesome!
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information