Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Body of naked, bound woman found dead in home of multimillionaire boyfriend

And undress? Before she flung herself over a balcony?

Hmm. I can't work this case out. If you wanted to make it look like she committed suicide why tie her up and have her naked? That's too suspicious. Maybe this was some freak case and she did actually kill herself. Idk.

Maybe her and the boyfriend's brother were engaged in an S&M session, she heard a noise, thought she was about to be caught and ran onto the balcony, accidentally fell, and hung herself.

Overactive imagination?

That's just a week's worth of TV show plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Did she tie her hands together first McJag?
    I'm not saying that I support this theory, but I have read in a couple of the articles (and possibly here, too - everyone knows my short attention span) that some people who hang themselves will bind their hands together so that when they jump off the chair (or whatever) that they won't be able to change their minds and then pull up on the noose to free themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    And undress? Before she flung herself over a balcony?
    Apparently, it was also pointed out that Zahau usually slept naked.

radaronline: By Radar Staff Rebecca Zahau, found hanging nude and bound from the outside of her multimillionaire boyfriend's California mansion, also had a mysterious tape residue on both her legs and part of a T-shirt stuffed in her mouth as a gag, RadarOnline.com has learned. The tape residue and gag were not revealed in Friday's 90-minute press conference when the San Diego County Medical Examiner and San Diego County Sheriff's Department jointly announced they were ruling Zahau's bizarre death a suicide. The stunning new details were uncovered by KFMB-AM which obtained a full copy of the autopsy. (Btw, I tried to post this as a couple of paragraphs but for some reason it made it all one long paragraph. That's why it looks like a newbie posted it. Sorry. Damn upgraded new jacked up GR.....)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Maybe she wanted to make it look like somebody else "helped" her.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbrAggQE2EA[/YOUTUBE]

So eerily similar, although I do believe Cindy James did it herself.

Elite Member

Maybe the police are still investigating but are trying to cover their tracks. I would hope so. The only way the suicide explanation is satisfactory is if they can prove via the physical evidence that someone could actually commit suicide in that way.

Even if this woman usually slept in the nude, it still doesn't make sense to me that she would commit suicide in this way. Like, she woke up and decided to off herself but didn't want to bother to get dressed? It's hard to imagine someone, especially a woman, wanting to leave herself so exposed in death.

I would hate to think of her boyfriend or his family members getting away with something because they are wealthy, but it wouldn't be the first time.

the case is apparently closed

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Switch to full site

Pathologist: Zahau’s head injuries unexplained by hanging scenario

A blue T-shirt remained wrapped around Rebecca Zahau’s neck after it was removed from her mouth
    Audio excerpts: forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht:
    http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/wecht.mp3

CORONADO,*Calif. (CBS 8) -- A renowned forensic pathologist said Sunday that injuries on the top of the head of Rebecca Zahau described in her autopsy are unexplained by the circumstances of her hanging death, which was officially ruled a suicide by the San Diego County Medical Examiner.

Pathologist Cyril Wecht reviewed Zahua's entire autopsy report, obtained Friday by News 8.

"She has subgaleal hemorrhages; those are hemorrhages on the undersurface of the scalp. I see no reason why she should have those." Dr. Wecht said. "You get those when your head strikes something or is struck by something."

Wecht said the scenario described by investigators where Zahau used a rope to tie her own hands, feet and neck before rolling*off the balcony of her boyfriend's Coronado mansion leaves many unanswered questions.

"Even if (her) scalp hit bushes, that kind of impact would not produce subgaleal hemorrhage," Wecht said. "We're talking about contusions on the top of the head. So, even as the body is falling down – let's say there are branches – how do you get bruises on the top of the head as the body is falling vertically downward?"

The autopsy report describes four hemorrhaging injuries under Zahau's scalp:

"On the right superior parietal scalp there is a 2 x 1 inch subgaleal hemorrhage. On the right lateral frontal scalp there are two subgaleal hemorrhages measuring 3/4 x 1/2 inch and 1/2 x 1/4 inch. On the right lateral frontotemporal scalp, there is a 3/8 inch diameter subgaleal hemorrhage."

On Friday, investigators with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department closed their criminal investigation into the case, saying there is no evidence of foul play in Zahau's July 13 death, a conclusion questioned by Dr. Wecht.

"I don't have enough to come right out and say this is a homicide. As a medical examiner, as a coroner, in my opinion the manner of death should have been left as undetermined. Sometimes we can't be sure and sometimes you leave it as undetermined because more investigation is to be conducted," Wecht said.

Wecht said Zahau's head injuries – which caused bleeding underneath her scalp – would have occurred while she was still alive or in the minutes shortly after her death. He said it is impossible to determine whether Zahau's head traumas would have rendered her unconscious.

"A blow or blows sufficient to produce subgaleal, subscalpular hemorrhage could be sufficient for someone to be knocked out, just temporarily, not to produce any damage to the brain, not to cause any prolonged unconsciousness; but one cannot say," Dr. Wecht said.* "They are clearly indicia of some kind of blunt force trauma. So, for someone to say there is no evidence whatsoever of any kind of a struggle is not correct."

Wecht, 80, is a former president of the American Academy of Forensic Science who has consulted on numerous high profile death investigations, including the murder of JonBenet Ramsey and the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

He also questioned why, according to the autopsy report, sticky tape residue was found on the legs of Zahau. Investigators have said Zahau used rope, not tape, to bind her feet.

"Where is the tape and what was it used for?" Wecht asked. "Let me give you two scenarios. One could say maybe she was going to bind her feet with duct tape and she switched to the rope. Well then, where's the duct tape if that's the case?"

"And, the other scenario is maybe somebody else was attempting to put duct tape around her feet, or maybe did put duct tape around her feet when she was being subdued, and then took it off."

"Those marks – clearly from tape like duct tape – where do they come from? Why are they there?" asked Wecht.
    Zahau

And yet the coroner appears to think that it should be undetermined?
    Free Charmed.

Billionaire. Case closed.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Billionaire. Case closed.
    Exactly. Even if he's a multimillionaire.
    Free Charmed.

whatevs. can't expect me to read the fine print before passing judgement!

-- Stephen Hawking

Not to mention the thread title..... *whistles*....LOL
    Free Charmed.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information