Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Body of naked, bound woman found dead in home of multimillionaire boyfriend

fgg

Mansion Deaths Case: Multiple Calls to Police Not Deemed Suspicious

Police received nine calls in the last three years related to two of a millionaire's homes, but investigators are finding no links to two deaths in one of the residences.

"There doesn't appear to be a connection," Coronado Police Commander Michael Lawton tells PEOPLE. "There's nothing here that stands out as suspicious."

The calls involved the beachfront mansion owned by Jonah Shacknai, 54, and another residence four blocks away that he also owns and where his ex-wife, Dina, 40, lives.

Shacknai's son, Max, 6, eventually died after a fall in the mansion, and the businessman's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, 32, was next found hanged there.

The calls to police related to the mansion include a report of a vandalism to a vehicle, second-degree burglary, and a robbery alarm between 2008-2011.

Five calls to cops between 2009-2011 to the ex-wife's home included a suspicious vehicle call, two complaints of disturbing the peace, and a burglary alarm – but police found no crimes had been committed.

Lawton says the beachfront area is full of tourists and prone to frequent police calls and false alarms. He adds that some of the calls may not have involved either property at all, but were simply in close proximity to an random incident.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Wow. I would think that a day after the death of a six-year-old who she treated as if her own -- and died while in her sole care -- that she would be at least a LITTLE depressed.
    He didn't. He died after she did.

He was injured at that time she died so worry, concern, hope, fear could all be expected but depression?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    He didn't. He died after she did.

He was injured at that time she died so worry, concern, hope, fear could all be expected but depression?
    I kind of thought that he was brain dead from the injury and that they knew that right away. That would probably lead to a person being despondent and depressed if they were close to the child like Rebecca supposedly was.

I have to admit that there hasn't been a lot of information provided about what the extent of his injuries were, though.

How are they certain no one else was there? 27 rooms, no front gate, doors unlocked? Is it out of place to say that maybe the ex-wife had someone whack the woman?
    Maybe she hated the girlfriend, and after the little boy was fatally injured while in Rebecca's care, and that was the last straw.

I think it was Professor Plum in the kitchen with a pipe.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I think it was Professor Plum in the kitchen with a pipe.
    Wrong. Obviously Colonel Mustard with a rope in the library.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Wow. I would think that a day after the death of a six-year-old who she treated as if her own -- and died while in her sole care -- that she would be at least a LITTLE depressed.
    Upset, yes. Depressed, not clinically.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Mansion Deaths Case: Multiple Calls to Police Not Deemed Suspicious
    The calls to police related to the mansion include a report of a vandalism to a vehicle, second-degree burglary, and a robbery alarm between 2008-2011.

Five calls to cops between 2009-2011 to the ex-wife's home included a suspicious vehicle call, two complaints of disturbing the peace, and a burglary alarm – but police found no crimes had been committed.
    Wouldnt that be indicative of something normally?

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Wrong. Obviously Colonel Mustard with a rope in the library.
    I think you'll find it was MrsScarlet on the balcony with the duct tape....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Wouldnt that be indicative of something normally?
    Not if you're rich.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

normally....
    Free Charmed.

Update from Radaronline (kind of strange, to me at least, that the son was sliding down the bannister headfirst):

JonahShacknai Girlfriend RebeccaZahaus Death Ruled Suicide

By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor
    The death of Jonah Shacknai's girlfriend, Rebecca Zahau, who was found nude and hanging from an outside balcony at the Coronado mansion of her boyfriend, will be ruled a suicide, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Zahau's death came just two days after Jonah's six year old son, Max, was found unconscious at the base of the stairs. Max died several days later in hospital. Rebecca was babysitting Max at the time.
    The San Diego Sheriff's Department will formally announce their findings on Friday morning.

A source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com: "Rebecca killed herself. That is what the investigation determined. There was no foul play, and the evidence is is ironclad that Rebecca killed herself."
    Max Shacknai, most likely, slid down the bannister of the staircase, head first, at his dad's mansion and hit his head, our source says.
    The San Diego Medical Examiners Office and the Coronado Police Department will also be at the press conference on Friday.

Yeah, she hog tied herself up & hung herself, just like Co$ can shoot themselves in the back etc...
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yeah, she hog tied herself up & hung herself, just like Co$ can shoot themselves in the back etc...
    I find the official story hard to believe, too. Have you seen this photo of the second crime scene yet (supposedly authentic)? (grainy but NSFW)

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/wp-c...rime-Scene.png

I have now....
    I just found the whole "she was/wasn't tied up by the ankles/wrists/neck/etc" well....crap
    Free Charmed.

I'm not saying it's right or it's wrong. But if you read about the Cindy James story, you might see that this sort of circumstance isn't entirely impossible.

fgg

if it was suicide, i wonder if she had an involvement in the boy's accident and couldn't take the guilt. the timing is just way too coincidental.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information