Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Body of naked, bound woman found dead in home of multimillionaire boyfriend

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    good thing this didn't happen in Colorado
    shhhh..
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^Oops (slowly backs out of thread)

the parents just confirmed that the little boy died.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

How can they even consider this to possibly be a suicide? It's fucking impossible...

Maybe the dead woman knew too much about whatever happened w/the little boy? And someone had to knock her out too? I got nothing.

Sounds all very mixed up

Rebecca Nalepa Photo Released – Rebecca Zahau Dead in Spreckels Mansion of Jonah Shacknai
    Posted on July 14th, 2011 in Jonah Shacknai, Los Angeles, Rebecca Nalepa, Rebecca Zahau by lalate

LOS ANGELES (LALATE) – A photo of Rebecca Nalepa aka Rebecca Zahau has been released by investigators. Rebecca Zahau was found dead at the Jonah Shacknai owned Spreckels Mansion. Jonah Shacknai is CEO of Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corporation. Spreckels mansion is the famed home built in 1908 by John D. Spreckels, then owner of the Hotel del Coronado. Tonight investigators are asking for the public’s help in the case.

San Diego County Sheriff’s Department officials tell KTLA news that Rebecca Nalepa died of a “suspicious and violent death”. Nalepa was 32. This morning, Rebecca Nalepa was found unclothed in the courtyard of the mansion. It boasts 27 rooms and sits near the beach. But investigators have no clues what prompted her death, and why she was found unclothed.

This is the second time that police have visited the mansion this week. On Monday, Shacknai’s 6 year old son was injured and had to be transported to a local hospital.

Officials tell KTLA that the dead is “suspicious and violent” . But Sheriff’s Capt. Tim Curran tells the LA Times a different story. He claims Jonah’s brother Adam called 911 this morning. Curran allegedly reported Nalepa hanging by her neck from a balcony. Officials, however, found her body in the courtyard with both hands and feet bound. Curran claim Adam told them that he brought her body down to save her life.

Curran tells news that Jonah Shacknai was not at home at the time. He says neither of the Shacknais are suspects not even persons of interest. He also says the child’s death is unrelated to Nalepa’s death.

UPDATE – Nalepa’s family has issued the following statement to news. “Jonah is a stand up guy. He was very devoted to Rebecca. She treated his kids as her own.” The family is reportedly en route to the Southland today.
    Free Charmed.

Officials tell KTLA that the dead is “suspicious and violent” .
    So proofreading... does that not exist anymore? Jesus Christ anyone can be a writer these days.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I say the mother of the dead boy offed the step mom because she hold her responsible for the accident *puts on tinfoil hat*.

Trainer Recalls Spreckels Victim's Fitness, Friendliness
    Rebecca Zahau described as good natured and in great shape, despite an old leg injury.
    By Jennifer Vigil and Gloria Tierney | July 16, 2011
    Shopkeepers who encountered Rebecca Zahau during her brief time in Coronado remembered the dead woman Saturday as someone who was friendly and extremely fit.

One also mentioned a permanent limp the woman attributed to an accident that she didn't explain.

Zahau, 32, was found dead Wednesday, hanging nude and bound from a second-story balcony at one of the community's most-storied properties, the oceanfront Spreckels mansion.

Investigators have not revealed a cause of death and have openly wondered if she might have taken her own life. She was hanging from what detectives described as a three-foot railing on the balcony. Her hands were tied behind her; there also were bindings on her legs, but they weren't tied together.

Zahau's boyfriend, Arizona entrepreneur Jonah Shacknai, owns the property.

Joe Ochoa, who owns Hollywood Fitness, said Shacknai has been a long-time member, while Zahau joined last July. He recalled that she came in at least four days a week, preferred cardio workouts and favored the gym's stair-stepper.

“You couldn't pass without her saying hi to you,” Ochoa said.

One of his trainers, Reed Holman, recalled Zahau's evident limp, he thought on her left side.

She had “an awkward walk,” he said, describing it as the gait of someone who could not put her full weight down on a foot because of a blister or sore.

Nevertheless, she was so physically fit Holman didn't ever stop to offer her workout advice.

“I don't know what I could have done for her,” he said.

Holman remembers Shacknai as “very laid back.” He described the couple as mostly summer members, referring to Coronado's popularity for those wanting to beat the desert heat.

He said he rarely had long conversations with Zahau, but did so last Saturday, when the woman excitedly discussed a party she was planning for Tuesday, which turned out to be the day before she died.

“She was really stoked about it,” he said.

But two days after Zahau's talk with Holman, Shacknai's 6-year-old son fell down a staircase in the mansion and suffered severe injuries. A kennel owner who visited with Zahau Tuesday said she was deeply shaken by the incident.

Investigators have said they do not believe the party took place.

Detectives briefly returned to the Spreckels mansion Friday, but little else was happening on the property Saturday morning.

Daisies in mixed bouquets sat on the lawn as part of a makeshift memorial. Two vans, one with California plates and another with Arizona plates, were parked in the driveway.*

Free Charmed.

this story is a lot of wtf. It's just really sad.....as well as suspicious. Maybe I missed this, I know they said the boyfriend/father was not at home when they found the body of Rebecca Zahau, but is his alibi any good?

I think the boyfriend's brother sounds really suspicious. I wonder why they ruled him out already.

Have to agree with nancydrew ... it bugs me to no end to read an article full of grammatical errors. It's really not too hard to go back and re-read your article before it's published. Do people just not care anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    this story is a lot of wtf. It's just really sad.....as well as suspicious. Maybe I missed this, I know they said the boyfriend/father was not at home when they found the body of Rebecca Zahau, but is his alibi any good?
    I think it said he was at the hospital with the little boy
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

the dad was at the hospital with the little boy. My thoughts are the dead woman may have been involved with the boys death. The news here said he fell down the stairs. Don't know if she was there or not. The PD are being unusually tight lipped.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    My thoughts are the dead woman may have been involved with the boys death.
    Not necessarily. It could have been accidental. But if someone else thought the way you do, that would certainly be motive for killing her.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Not necessarily. It could have been accidental. But if someone else thought the way you do, that would certainly be motive for killing her.
    when i say involved, i mean, she could have been horsing around with him, and he fell down the stairs.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    How couldnyou hang yourself withnyour hands and feet tied? Sounds like someone tied her up and then hung her. And that poor little boy dying? This whole thing is bizarre.

That famous example of Cindy James, she supposedly managed to tie her hands and feet up after injecting herself with an overdose, at least that's what the forensics believed. So it's not far out of the equation?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information