Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Blaming the 11 year old victim of gang rape in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Agree. Like I've said, I'm raising a son. My son would never think that something like this is ok, would never think that forcing anyone to do anything is ok. Of course, I then have to wonder how many of the mothers of these rapists thought the same thing.

I too am raising a son who is 12 now. He has seen his father fall out of love with me, openly cheat on me and totally disrespect me. My son has a strong respect for women, swears he would never hurt a woman, and I hope thats true.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Update:

Defendant on trial in Cleveland gang rape case disappears
    By Cindy Horswell
    Updated 5:14*p.m., Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Eric McGowen, one of 14 adults charged in the case, vanished Wednesday after a break in the trial. Photo: Courtesy The Liberty County Sheriff's Department / AP
    Houston and Texas

UPDATE: Authorities are searching for Eric McGowen, on trial for allegedly sexually assaulting an 11-year-old Cleveland girl, after he did not return to a courtroom during a break in the trial. There was a break in the trial just before 4 p.m. The defendant, however, did not return. The trial is continuing without him. He had been out of jail on the charges after posting bail.

• • •
    LIBERTY - Almost two years after the shocking allegations surfaced about an 11-year-old Cleveland girl being gang raped, the victim for the first time shared her story publicly inside a Liberty County courtroom on Wednesday.

Using the pseudonym Regina, the girl took the witness stand to face Eric McGowen, the first of the 20 defendants' cases to be tried in court for allegedly raping the girl over a five-month period in 2010. Eight others already have entered guilty pleas in the case.

Regina smiled nervously and softly answered questions until she was shown a graphic video tape of her having anal sex. McGowen, now 21, was identified by her as the man laughing in the background as he said "beat that ho" in the video.

Regina, now 13, was wearing a gold cross around her neck and dressed in a plaid shirt and blue jeans. She had difficulty remembering names and exactly how all the assaults occurred, but acknowledged having oral sex with McGowen and identified him in another video sexually assaulting her with a beer bottle.

She said she was violated by probably 20 individuals over a nine- or 10-hour period in an abandoned trailer on one occasion. She would often pause and strain to remember events when questioned.

Defense attorney Matthew Poston questioned how she learned McGowen's name since she was only aware of his street nickname "Clyde." She told him she believed the first time she heard that name was from school police who were questioning her about these incidents.

In the opening arguments, Poston said "what you'll see will not be pleasant but the most unsettling parts do not contain McGowen having intercourse with this girl." He urged the jury to remember "the truth is not always what it seems".

However, prosecutor Joe Warren painted a more lurid picture of what he called individuals "acting like nothing better than a pack of animals when they attacked her."

Warren said that while she may be seen smiling and even laughing at some times on the videos, these individuals had "duped, tricked and talked her into doing things against her best interests."

He then went on to describe several places where the assaults occurred including an abandoned trailer.

Defendant on trial in Cleveland gang rape case disappears - Houston Chronicle

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hmm, ran off or street justice?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'd like to think street justice, but I think the coward got scared and ran off like the pussy he is.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He's running... street justice wouldn't hide. they'd leave the body to be found.

Can't figure out how he was ever given a chance to vanish.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Both sides in this case have just rested... no mention of the fucker ever returning...

ETA:
    Police are searching for suspect Eric McGowen after he escaped during a break in his trial Wednesday. He has been charged with aggravated sexual assault of an 11-year-old girl in a horrific attack by nearly 20 men. His trial is continuing without him, though police are searching to bring him back to justice.

McGowen could face life in prison if found guilty of sexual assault. He is one of 14 men charged with the crime, and the victim told jurors how McGowen led her to an abandoned trailer in 2010 and then viciously attacked her. It is alleged that nearly 20 men took turns assaulting the young girl over a 20-hour time period.
    The young girl, who has testified using the alias "Regina" in court and faced down McGowen in the courtroom just before he disappeared. She told the court how McGowen had forced her to have oral sex with him before he sexually assaulted her with a beer bottle.
    The men also videotaped the attack and jurors, as well as "Regina" were forced to watch first-hand the brutality of the ordeal. Reports state that several jurors turned away from the video, as did "Regina," who broke down while on the stand.
    One of the men who pleaded guilty to his crime, Brad Lewis, testified that McGowen had threatened to kill him if he came forward.
    "I've known him ever since I was a kid," Lewis explained. "We used to ride bikes together. We all liked to go and do things together."

"Did you all rape together, too?" prosecutor Joe Warren asked.
    "Yeah," Lewis replied, according to The Houston Chronicle.
    The case has taken Texas, and the country, by storm for its inhumanity. Three of the eight men formally charged have pleaded guilty to sexual assault and are awaiting sentencing.
    McGowen's attorney told the jury that the "most unsettling parts of the videos do not contain pictures of McGowen having intercourse with that girl. The truth is not always what it seems," Matthew Poston argued.
    Judge Mark Morefield has issued a warrant for McGowen's arrest and increased his bail by $250,000.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/er...wLj3iEDidjG.99

Default Man who fled Texas rape trial formally sentenced

A man who was a fugitive for nearly two weeks after fleeing his trial a day before being convicted in the repeated group sexual assault of an 11-year-old Southeast Texas girl was told by a judge Thursday that he would spend nearly the next century in prison.

Eric McGowen was formally sentenced to 99 years in prison without parole during a hearing in the same courtroom from which he had fled. He will now be transferred to the Texas prison system.

The 20-year-old did not say anything during the brief court hearing, and mostly looked at the floor. When asked by state District Judge Mark Morefield if there was any legal reason why the sentence shouldn't be imposed, McGowen appeared to mumble something to his attorney, Matthew Poston. Poston said his client objected to the sentence because it was "cruel and unusual." (more cruel than gang raping a child? fuck you)

McGowen was one of 20 men and boys who authorities say repeatedly sexually assaulted the girl on at least five occasions from mid-September through early December of 2010. He was the first defendant to stand trial in the case.

McGowen was dressed Thursday in a red jumpsuit, was handcuffed and had a chain around his waist and legs. He appeared to have dyed his hair while on the run, changing the color from its previous dark hue to a reddish brown. He also appeared to be unshaven.

He did not say anything to reporters as he held up a piece of paper over his face while being led out of the courthouse by officers and loaded into a police car in the pouring rain. Poston and prosecutor Joe Warren declined to comment after the hearing.

On Aug. 29, McGowen was on trial, but never came back to court after a break in testimony. McGowen had been free on bail at the time. He fled the same day the girl tearfully testified about the attacks in her hometown of Cleveland, about 45 miles northeast of Houston.

The trial, held in the nearby county seat of Liberty, went on without him and a jury the next day convicted him of aggravated sexual assault of a child and then sentenced him in absentia.

Authorities tracked McGowen down to an apartment in northeast Houston and arrested him Tuesday. Six law enforcement agencies had coordinated the search for him. McGowen was apparently caught by surprise, as he was sitting on a toilet when authorities entered the apartment and arrested him, officials said.

The investigation regarding individuals who might have helped McGowen elude authorities continues, officials said.

Before his trial, all six juveniles and two of the 14 adults charged had pleaded guilty. Since McGowen's conviction, four other adults have pleaded guilty and are set to be sentenced Sept. 21.

His disappearance was the latest twist in a case that divided the small town of Cleveland, both because of the horrific allegations and suggestions from some residents that the girl was partly responsible because of her appearance. Police began investigating after one of the girl's classmates told a teacher he saw video of her being sexually assaulted in an abandoned trailer.

Prosecutors' case against McGowen included a videotaped confession and testimony from nearly a dozen witnesses, including the girl, who is now 13. Poston did not present any witnesses or evidence.

The Associated Press: Man who fled Texas rape trial formally sentenced
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

Authorities tracked McGowen down to an apartment in northeast Houston and arrested him Tuesday. Six law enforcement agencies had coordinated the search for him. McGowen was apparently caught by surprise, as he was sitting on a toilet when authorities entered the apartment and arrested him, officials said.
    Talk about scaring the shit out of him. Fucking coward asshole.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Default Lawyer Says 11-Year-Old Gang Rape Victim Was a ‘Spider’ Luring Men Into Web

We cover a lot of depressing stuff on this site: rape, anti-abortion laws, more rape, etc. But this article on a defense attorney who likened an 11-year-old survivor of gang rape to a conniving spider who lured her rapists into a web might actually be the most soul-suckingly disheartening story I've ever read.

20-year-old Jared Len Cruse is accused of gang-raping an 11-year-old Cleveland, Texas girl along with twenty of his male friends over the course of four months. But because she said "yes" when defense attorney Steve Taylor asked if she had been a "willing participant" and acknowledged that she hadn't made an "outcry" until questioned after sex tapes of the assault started circulating around Cleveland High School, Taylor argued that she was "the reason" that twenty teenagers and adult men raped a child on videotape.

"Like the spider and the fly. Wasn't she saying, 'Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly?'" Taylor asked.

I actually feel nauseous.

Former Cleveland Police Department Sgt. Chad Langdon, the lead investigator on the case and a much-much-MUCH-needed voice of reason, testified that an 11-year-old cannot legally give consent for a sexual encounter, because she is eleven years old.

Prosecutor Joe Warren asked Langdon what he would say if it had been his own sons involved in the case. "Oh, then it would have totes been the little girl's fault," he said. Just kidding! "I would not whitewash it or sweep it under the rug," he responded.

Oh, by the way? Cruse is already serving an eight-year sentence on convictions for aggravated robbery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. But that's irrelevant, right? Given that the child he raped is a total devious slut.

According to the Houston Chronicle, he's the second of the 20 male defendants who are being tried for sexually assaulting the girl; the first, Eric McGowen, was convicted and received a sentence of 99 years in prison, so at least that's promising. Seven juveniles have received probation and six adults got 15 years in the slammer after pleading guilty in exchange for plea deals. Is there anyone in the area who wasn't involved in assaulting this girl, I mean, anyone who wasn't lured in to her whorish web?

Lawyer Says 11-Year-Old Gang Rape Victim Was a 'Spider' Luring Men Into Web
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

And people wonder why attorneys have a rep for having morality issues. I could never work with a lawyer like that.
    DeadDwarf and Jadestone like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I could never be a lawyer like that. There has to be a line.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

What a disgusting thing to say
    stef likes this.

Well, his argument didn't work because his client was sentenced to LIFE. See how the inmates in prison obtain his consent for sex...
    Defendant in gang rape of 11-year-old Cleveland girl gets life in prison | khou.com Houston
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Some of the comments on that article are unbelievable.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information