Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Blaming the 11 year old victim of gang rape in Texas

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

these people are obvious sub-humans w/ half a brain and the mental capacity of a rat I'm thinking. what a warped and disgusting place - a hidden American nightmare of the most disgusting and vile proportions

just line them up, every single last one of them, everyone and shoot them in the head and be rid of them

Good job Mom and Dad on waiting several days to report this....or possibly not at all, according to the cops. And how the hell was this girl out in the middle of the night all the time, even after the attacks started? For fuck's sake. No wonder she's in foster care. As for all the "men" involved, I'm sad to say it doesn't actually shock me. Mob mentality plus the current state of ghetto/popular culture is a toxic mix.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Oh it is getting worse. Race is being thrown about quite a bit now because the little girl is hispanic and her assailants are apparently black.
    Take a gander at this:

Apparently the nausea-inducing sympathy expressed by residents of Cleveland, Texas, for the large group of men accused of raping an 11-year-old girl — as reported in a controversial New York Times story — is fairly widespread in the town.

A meeting Thursday night that was billed as a way to discuss concerns some have about the investigation into a series of alleged sexual assaults on an 11-year-old girl turned into a forum that many used to blame the girl police contend is the victim of heinous attacks.
    Many who attended the meeting said they supported the group of men and boys who have been charged in the case. Supporters didn't claim that the men and boys did not have sex with the young girl; instead they blamed the girl for the way she dressed or claimed she must have lied about her age.
    It gets worse, though. The leader of the meeting, Quanell X, "an activist prominent in Houston's black community," questioned why an 11-year-old who had been raped by the entire town "didn't report the attack to authorities herself." Come on, little girl, don't be shy!
    Mr. X was also apparently more concerned with why "only young black men had been arrested" than why so many young black men felt it was okay to participate in a gang rape of a young girl. Priorities?
    And finally, there's the woman who, while she's totally "not taking nobody's side," is pretty sure the 11-year-old "wanted this to happen."
    If Cleveland, Texas, is suddenly consumed by fire and brimstone, you'll know why.
    Some in Texas town blaming young girl in assault [AP via Chron]
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Good job Mom and Dad on waiting several days to report this....or possibly not at all, according to the cops. And how the hell was this girl out in the middle of the night all the time, even after the attacks started? For fuck's sake.
    "She told her father that the men had threatened to kill her. " Maybe that had something to do with it.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

she's 11 for godsakes and from a poor background, she probably felt she had no voice to speak of at all and little guidance; immigrants are extremely scared in America and tend to be comfortable flying under the radar in the shadows. its just sickening ^ shoot that Quanell X too

I will tell you that one part of the article really bothers me (well, one of the many parts) is how the dad talks about how the daughter was sneaking out of her window every night. He and the mother had to scold her nearly EVERY day. Even without a rape (or a gangrape) that kind of shit would end in a fucking hurry at my house. I'm sorry, I have a child who is almost 13 and I HOPE I catch a motherfucker sneaking in or out of a window at my house once. He won't need but one "scolding".
    greysfang likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

I don't understand the following:

1. Why, after she was raped the first time, was she still sneaking out the window and going off to the same place where she was previously abused?

2. Why her parents didn't do anything other than scold her for sneaking out of the house at all hours. The mother had a night job, apparently, but the father was home and disabled and would have been able to better monitor her comings and goings.

3. After sneaking out and coming back at least 6 times after being assaulted, why was it only after the sixth time that they noticed that she was coming in the house weeping and shaking? Why did they allow her to close herself off in her room and not find out what happened for several days?

4. How long did the girl have access to her father's cellphone, and why didn't he notice strange outgoing and incoming numbers on the call log?

ok, after reading this new information, it doesn't look like the parents were really taking care of her.
    i don't blame the parents in the sense that it takes away any of the responsibility for what happened from the fucking rapists themselves, but i do blame them for being so fucking useless and irresponsible and letting this go on for so long.
    the girl isn't to blame at all. for all we know they were threatening her and telling her to sneak out. or she was acting out and sneaking out as a way to deal with the trauma - everyone knows kids who act out are sometimes doing it as a cry for help. it's just too bad the adults in her life sound like they're too ignorant, sick, stressed out and useless to take proper care of her.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 29th, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

oh and also - why the hell would the dad be sleeping on a trampoline during the day? wth?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I will tell you that one part of the article really bothers me (well, one of the many parts) is how the dad talks about how the daughter was sneaking out of her window every night. He and the mother had to scold her nearly EVERY day. Even without a rape (or a gangrape) that kind of shit would end in a fucking hurry at my house. I'm sorry, I have a child who is almost 13 and I HOPE I catch a motherfucker sneaking in or out of a window at my house once. He won't need but one "scolding".
    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't understand the following:

1. Why, after she was raped the first time, was she still sneaking out the window and going off to the same place where she was previously abused?

2. Why her parents didn't do anything other than scold her for sneaking out of the house at all hours. The mother had a night job, apparently, but the father was home and disabled and would have been able to better monitor her comings and goings.

3. After sneaking out and coming back at least 6 times after being assaulted, why was it only after the sixth time that they noticed that she was coming in the house weeping and shaking? Why did they allow her to close herself off in her room and not find out what happened for several days?

4. How long did the girl have access to her father's cellphone, and why didn't he notice strange outgoing and incoming numbers on the call log?
    You know - hind sight is 20/20. I agree with your assertations and I have had the same thoughts. The issue I have is that people keep getting caught in whether or not the agree with the girl or her parents actions (just like the residents of Cleveland, TX). Their actions are irrelivant. This is an 11 year old girl that was gang raped over a period of 3 months. Who cares what she wore, who cares how long it took to report the rapes, who cares if she snuck out at night - SHE WAS RAPED BY 19 MEN OVER A PERIOD OF 3 MONTHS. Those men knew exactly who she was, how old she was and where she lived. She was an inexperienced girl from a poor and probably not the best upgrining. She (and other girls like her) are exactly who pedophiles go after. They are easy to manipulate, likely not to report and don't have the financial resources to really fight anyone. There I have said my piece!!!
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    You know - hind sight is 20/20. I agree with your assertations and I have had the same thoughts. The issue I have is that people keep getting caught in whether or not the agree with the girl or her parents actions (just like the residents of Cleveland, TX). Their actions are irrelivant. This is an 11 year old girl that was gang raped over a period of 3 months. Who cares what she wore, who cares how long it took to report the rapes, who cares if she snuck out at night - SHE WAS RAPED BY 19 MEN OVER A PERIOD OF 3 MONTHS. Those men knew exactly who she was, how old she was and where she lived. She was an inexperienced girl from a poor and probably not the best upgrining. She (and other girls like her) are exactly who pedophiles go after. They are easy to manipulate, likely not to report and don't have the financial resources to really fight anyone. There I have said my piece!!!
    well, I care. and i'd bet a jury will care.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

You know - hind sight is 20/20. I agree with your assertations and I have had the same thoughts. The issue I have is that people keep getting caught in whether or not the agree with the girl or her parents actions (just like the residents of Cleveland, TX). Their actions are irrelivant. This is an 11 year old girl that was gang raped over a period of 3 months. Who cares what she wore, who cares how long it took to report the rapes, who cares if she snuck out at night - SHE WAS RAPED BY 19 MEN OVER A PERIOD OF 3 MONTHS.
    I'm not bringing up the crazy home life as a way of excusing the sexual assaults. Rather, as a parent, I am wondering why her homelife was so messed up, and how her parents were so derelict in doing something to get some control over her comings and goings. The explanations just don't add up. After the first time sneaking out, a lot of parents would have nailed their kid's window shut. Or stopped of followed their child when they tried to sneak out. Or called the cops when they noticed their child was missing.

Another reason for asking about these circumstances is that it seems like the parents will get custody of their daughter again. But it's difficult to see how the parents will have any better handle on the situation than before.

It could be that after the first assualt these men used fear and threats to get her to return. Her shame probably moved her along too. She didn't want anyone to find out so she kept showing up.

I don't understand waiting three days and/or not reporting it. But maybe the parents were afraid of what would happen if they went public. I mean, look at what did happen. The parents are blamed, the girl is smeared, etc. Not the same choice I'd make but I'm not a poor immigrant living on the real life set of Deliverence.

Bottom line is those grown ass men passed that little girl around like a piece of candy. They are rapists, no matter their color.

like i said, i don't think it takes any of the blame away from the rapists. but it also makes it all the more tragic for the girl. and it probably explains why this went on for so long. again, it doesn't justify it, it doesn't make the rapists any less criminal, but it does point to some serious neglect going on in that house.
    if you're a shit parent and let your toddler roam the streets and he gets run over by a drunk driver, the drunk driver deserves to go to jail, but it doesn't mean the parent isn't also guilty of neglect for not taking care of that kid in the first place. they are not mutually exclusive. the girl in question was a victim not only of the rapists but also of her shitty, neglectful, ignorant parents. maybe they meant well, maybe they're just ignorant and overwhelmed by the crap going on in their lives, but she is paying an awfully high price for it.

eta: edited because i'm stupid today.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 29th, 2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: cause i'm stupid today
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    like i said, i don't think it takes any of the blame away from the rapists. but it also makes it all the more tragic for the girl. and it probably explains why this went on for so long. again, it doesn't justify it, it doesn't make the rapists any more criminal, but it does point to some serious neglect going on in that house.
    if you're a shit parent and let your toddler roam the streets and he gets run over by a drunk driver, the drunk driver deserves to go to jail, but it doesn't mean the parent isn't also guilty of neglect for not taking care of that kid in the first place. they are not mutually exclusive. the girl in question was a victim not only of the rapists but also of her shitty, neglectful, ignorant parents. maybe they meant well, maybe they're just ignorant and overwhelmed by the crap going on in their lives, but she is paying an awfully high price for it.
    This. The poor girl had no one to protect her from this shit. No one. When your child is 11 years old, you have an obligation to that child. I'm not saying "you must know where your precious snowflake is 24/7", I'm saying "There IS a good portion of the day/night that you fucking well SHOULD know where your kid is. . . and if you don't... you suck."
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information