Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Blaming the 11 year old victim of gang rape in Texas

Elite Member

Please dont flame me, but it does appear that the little girl was not being supervised. Who was watching her when she got into that car? 11 is still mighty young to be left to fend for one's self in this evil world; and this poor child will carry this around for the rest of her life.

Bronze Member

it does appear that the little girl was not being supervised. Who was watching her when she got into that car? 11 is still mighty young to be left to fend for one's self in this evil world;
    Not gonna flame you 'cause I agree. The custodial adult should be tried on charges of child neglect. HOWEVER, that doesn't in any way change the facts of the rape. Small town. The child may have looked older; but out of 2 dozen rapists, some of them knew exactly how old she was. Everybody all up in everybody else's business in towns that small.

Quote Originally Posted by VadaFaith View Post
    The child may have looked older; but out of 2 dozen rapists, some of them knew exactly how old she was. Everybody all up in everybody else's business in towns that small.
    Exactly. Even wearing make up and dressed older than 11, she's still just a little girl who doesn't understand what she's doing. She might have got into the car, she might not even have fought back, but it doesn't mean it isn't rape. They can use the excuse that she looked older and went willingly, but having sex with an 11 year old child is still rape. At least some of them would have known and I'm sure that had a lot to do with so many of them raping her at once - an 11 year old isn't going to realise the consequences of what they're doing to her. Poor little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Please dont flame me, but it does appear that the little girl was not being supervised. Who was watching her when she got into that car? 11 is still mighty young to be left to fend for one's self in this evil world; and this poor child will carry this around for the rest of her life.
    This is not a flame, this is a response that does not agree with you. Are you familiar with kids? Would you be with an eleven year old every single moment of the day? Impossible and and you'd be an overbearing helicopter mom if you were. She wasn't fending for herself. She had a home. Eleven is not too young to be walking around the neighbourhood in the afternoon. The blame belongs squarely on the men and teens involved and not on the girl's parents.

Quote Originally Posted by VadaFaith View Post
    The custodial adult should be tried on charges of child neglect.
    You, I'm going to flame. Are you fucking serious? Neglect? On what grounds? She wasn't watched like a hawk twenty-four hours a day? Trying to blame the girl's family is pathetic given there's absolutely no indication in any of the reports thus far that they've done anything wrong.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

I have an 8 1/2 year old girl. She does not wear makeup and she is NEVER left unsupervised 'walking around in the neighborhood'. If that makes me a helicopter mom, I will gladly plead guilty to that rather than have something like this happen to my daughter. No female ever fully recovers from an experience like this. Better to be safe than sorry, IMO.

Will you still go everywhere with her when she is 11? 13? 15? 25?

Sorry to hear about your terrible neighbourhood.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; March 14th, 2011 at 09:25 AM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I have an 8 1/2 year old girl. She does not wear makeup and she is NEVER left unsupervised 'walking around in the neighborhood'. If that makes me a helicopter mom, I will gladly plead guilty to that rather than have something like this happen to my daughter. No female ever fully recovers from an experience like this. Better to be safe than sorry, IMO.
    If she did wear makeup and walk around the neighborhood and was raped by maybe 28 men/boys, would that be her fault, your fault or those rapists fault?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I'll do everyone here one better: The fact that there were 20something men willing to participate in something like this is disgusting beyond words even if the 'girl' were 21! Do men think any women really do things like this willingly? Because it's either that or they have no problem considering themselves rapists.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ I know I know I can't wrap my head around that either, I just can't.

I'm not a man, so I try to relate as a woman and no, just can't.

I don't give a rats ass if she was a hooker she still didn't deserve to be raped like that. I guess if my kid gets kidnapped riding his bike to the store I should be charged with negligence at some point and time your kid will have to be on his/her own.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    If she did wear makeup and walk around the neighborhood and was raped by maybe 28 men/boys, would that be her fault, your fault or those rapists fault?
    Well, I do consider it to be my primary job as a mother to get my child safely through (at the very least) childhood. As I said before, if that makes me a helicopter parent then that's fine. And it has nothing to do with the neighborhood one lives in. I'm fortunate to live in a very nice area with virtually no crime, but my dad was raised in the Bronx. No matter where you live, to quote Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, if you make a mess of raising your kids whatever else you do in life does not matter. No one was looking after that little girl. She will pay the price for the rest of her life. No one gets over being raped by 20+ men as an 11 year old, or at any other age. It's my job to protect my child and would do it literally to the death. If you really have a problem with that...flame away.

Uhm, how about you should be able to raise a child and allow them certain measures of independence as they grow without the fear that they're gonna get gang raped? Way to instill some fear. Hell, you won't even have to worry about the kid leaving the nest then. She'll be too goddamned afraid. But I guess you'll feel you've done your job if she's escaped gang rape.

There is a massive problem in a society where women and children can't walk down the street of their own neighborhoods without the fear of getting raped by a group of adult males (who if anything, en masse are supposed to be the protectors of women and children from the occasional "bad adult"). And all these "she should have been watched by a parent/guardian" blamer/shamers are a part of the problem, frankly. Essentially what you're saying is that you should EXPECT your child to get raped if she's not tethered to your arm 24/7. No wonder kids are so goddamned fucked up now.

Like someone else mentioned. This was WRONG and RAPE even if it was a 40 year old hooker. Those men are animals and deserve to be put down. Your helicopter child will eventually break free one day and not have the street smarts to know shit from shinola and could just as easily get raped at college or by some freaknik pastor.
    greysfang likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Well, I do consider it to be my primary job as a mother to get my child safely through (at the very least) childhood. As I said before, if that makes me a helicopter parent then that's fine. And it has nothing to do with the neighborhood one lives in. I'm fortunate to live in a very nice area with virtually no crime, but my dad was raised in the Bronx. No matter where you live, to quote Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, if you make a mess of raising your kids whatever else you do in life does not matter. No one was looking after that little girl. She will pay the price for the rest of her life. No one gets over being raped by 20+ men as an 11 year old, or at any other age. It's my job to protect my child and would do it literally to the death. If you really have a problem with that...flame away.
    well, if it has nothing to do with the neighborhood you live in, you may as well live in the bronx too. apparently, no neighborhood is safe enough to allow your child a little freedom. if your child gets a splinter, its your fault. you may as well put them in a padded room and never even allow them outside - because heaven knows, if there is an accident on the bus, that's your fault for letting precious out of your sight. Once they've safely made it through childhood (how old is that exactly? 16?), then you can let them go? Why? They aren't prepared for shit. you've sheltered them their whole life, they'll probably die from being exposed to germs they've never been around. kids have to get out of your sight, they have to live, go to school - and they should be able to do that without being gang-raped by nearly 30 assholes.
    And no offense, but Jackie O is not someone I'd be taking parenting advice from. Lord knows, she let her kids out of her sight, didn't she?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

No one was looking after that little girl.
    You don't know that.
    If you really have a problem with that...flame away.
    The problem isn't with protecting your child. The problem is with thinking you can be there every moment of every day and never letting your kid out to play. The problem is blaming the girl's parents because they let her out of the house instead of locking her in her room for her own protection.

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I'll do everyone here one better: The fact that there were 20something men willing to participate in something like this is disgusting beyond words even if the 'girl' were 21! Do men think any women really do things like this willingly? Because it's either that or they have no problem considering themselves rapists.

I agree with this completely.

Even if you take away the element that this was a CHILD, it is still horrific... Gang banged rape in an abandoned trailer?!? That just sounds like one of the worst fears ANYONE should have.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information