Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Bizarre/unsolved mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I was just remembering, does anyone else remember that case when some photos of 2 kids (female and male) appeared to be showing them bound and gagged in the back of a van? I recall the photos were released by the authorities in an attempt to idnetify who the 2 kids were, but I don't remember if that was ever solved.
    I think this was always connected to the Tara Calico case....

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Sharon Marshall

Detective's Cold Case: Sharon Marshall & Michael Hughes

This one always freaked me out, because no one really knew who she was or where she came from. And her son was never found ,poor kid.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Me too. They gave the kid too much sedative before they went out partying, she either died of an overdose or choked on her own vomit, they found her dead and realised the tox reports at the postmortem would implicate them so they disposed of the body (doctors know exactly how to do that) and cooked up the "abduction" story. They were helped by the totally incompetant Portuguese police and their joke of an investigation and the media who swallowed their story hook line and sinker.
    I think this as well. I think they doped her so she'd fall asleep and they could hang out. They probably had done it before many times. Also they might have done both, doped her and she was kidnapped. I've never liked this story.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    What are the theories, do you have links? I am absolutely fascinated by that Dyatlov Pass Incident you posted. The tent was torn from the inside, like they were in a panic and ran out, they were not wearing proper clothes for the weather, and they suffered massive internal injuries and with no soft tissue damage? Its just so bizarre! Especially the part where it was ruled that they couldn't have died from human hands because the injuries were way too severe, like being hit by a car. And it sounds as if the three died violent deaths, and the others just wandered around, even trying to return to the camp until they died from hyperthermia. What the hell happened out there?

One of the things people do if they have hyperthermia is rip off their clothes for some reason. These stories are fascinating!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post

This one always freaked me out, because no one really knew who she was or where she came from. And her son was never found ,poor kid.
    Good god, that is one of the saddest things I've ever read. How awful. Really, really awful.

Great thread, by the way. I thought this was going to be 'where do those odd socks go' kind of thing but happily surprised it's not. I can't believe, though, how many people are into this kind of stuff. I've been interested in these kinds of stories for years but didn't realize so many other people were.
    Last edited by buttmunch; January 9th, 2010 at 02:37 AM.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Good god, that is one of the saddest things I've ever read. How awful. Really, really awful.

Great thread, by the way. I thought this was going to be 'where do those odd socks go' kind of thing but happily surprised it's not. I can't believe, though, how many people are into this kind of stuff. I've been interested in these kinds of stories for years but didn't realize so many other people were.
    Same here...I always thought people would think I was strange for being into these kinds of stories (some people do). I wonder if people are so interested in these stories because they are real (not some kind of fantasy/movie) or because it could happen to any of us? Most of these people weren't involved in anything weird, just normal people going about their life.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post

Holy Lifetime movie script!

There's so many questions did her parents give up hope long ago? Are they dead? Was she really abandoned or even worse sold to this sicko?

Was Michael a consensual relationship child, or a buddy of sickos?

How many women did he/they kill? Was it stockholm syndrome or she had nothing to do with it?

What did ever happen to Michael it's all so bizarre and sad. There is no happy ending.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Same here...I always thought people would think I was strange for being into these kinds of stories (some people do). I wonder if people are so interested in these stories because they are real (not some kind of fantasy/movie) or because it could happen to any of us? Most of these people weren't involved in anything weird, just normal people going about their life.
    mr butt thinks I'm kind of sick and refuses to watch the crime channel with me but every so often I have to get my fill of sicko stuff. Not sure what the attraction is but I do like to read stories about this stuff. Maybe it's a case of 'there but for the grace of god..'
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

mr butt thinks I'm kind of sick and refuses to watch the crime channel with me but every so often I have to get my fill of sicko stuff. Not sure what the attraction is but I do like to read stories about this stuff. Maybe it's a case of 'there but for the grace of god..'
    My boyfriend thinks the same thing. I'll watch Discovery ID all day on Sunday while he watches football...and I wonder why I'm always so paranoid about my surroundings.

I'm the same way. When I was around 8 I wanted to be a forensic investigator (what can I say, I've always been twisted) and was hooked on the show Medical Detectives.
    I wish Medical Detectives would come on DVD. I know Forensic Files is on DVD, but I'm not sure if it includes the "original" Medical detectives

I never thought there were other people who found these subjects interesting. Not because I'm (or anyone else) is a sicko but just because it brings to mind many other questions, like pedophilia rings etc...scary stuff
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Great thread, and I'm glad there's no disturbing pics here.

The boy in the box freaks me the fuck out. They dressed the body and propped it up and took pics!

I don't want to click on the link and see the pic, so can someone explain the whole tara calico thing?
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Great thread, and I'm glad there's no disturbing pics here.

The boy in the box freaks me the fuck out. They dressed the body and propped it up and took pics!

I don't want to click on the link and see the pic, so can someone explain the whole tara calico thing?
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information