Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bizarre/unsolved mysteries

I thought so but I wasnt quite sure.
    Lock And Exp-Load | Free Video Clips | SPIKE
    I also saw something much like it on 1000 Ways To Die.

Quote Originally Posted by NVash View Post
    I know, I know, this is old news. Its on page 10, but the thing is every time I see a commercial for the new film 30 Minutes Or Less I think about this story. Odd coincidence?
    So do I and I find it very disturbing.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i wanna know the cause of spontaneous combustion

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by click View Post
    i wanna know the cause of spontaneous combustion
    Usually cigarettes and alcohol, and falling asleep in an over-stuffed chair before the age of fire retardant fabrics.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

So you saw that episode of CSI too, huh?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    So you saw that episode of CSI too, huh?
    Nah, some TLC show, years ago, about unexplainable deaths. CSI writers must be glued to those shows. Never watch CSI myself, pisses me off.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Usually cigarettes and alcohol, and falling asleep in an over-stuffed chair before the age of fire retardant fabrics.
    no cause the bodies were completely burned but nothing else in the room was. and completely reduced to ashes in much less time than a crematorium takes

An overweight person becomes their own fuel when the fat begins to melt and is wicked up cotton fabrics. The fire is started by a dropped cigarette and the person is incapacitated by alcohol, drugs or physical impairment so they don't move. Once the fuel or the oxygen in the room is used up the fire goes out. You have a source for the "much less time than a crematorium" given these people are alone when they burn?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus!

Spontaneous Combustion - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    An overweight person becomes their own fuel when the fat begins to melt and is wicked up cotton fabrics. The fire is started by a dropped cigarette and the person is incapacitated by alcohol, drugs or physical impairment so they don't move. Once the fuel or the oxygen in the room is used up the fire goes out. You have a source for the "much less time than a crematorium" given these people are alone when they burn?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Yep^

The burned spot being localized is like when my friend and I (very, very stupidly) would play with hairspray and a flame. It was something my sister had shown us. I don't even want to admit what we sprayed and lit on fire, but you could even make words with the flames. The second the hairspray was burned up, the flame stopped.

I can't believe I'm even admitting to this right now! We still make fun of how stupid and dangerous it was for us to do that.

No reasonable person would consider that a source.

"The time for cremation to be completed varies with the size and weight of each human remains, but usually takes between 1 1/2 and 3 hours."
    The Cremation: Processing the Remains

I've found similar times for cremation at other sites but there's no available time for someone burning through "spontaneous human combustion".

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

You have to fucking be kidding with that source:

Spontaneous combustion occurs when God gets pissed off with you. Real pissed. Sometimes, subtlety doesn't work when you need to get a divine message across. Flooding, locusts, or some horribly disfiguring disease, for instance, can be construed as the effects of nature or global warming. You suddenly bursting into flames and dying horribly in a matter of seconds, however - that's an attention grabber. For other people, obviously. Your attention span just got terminally reduced. Basically, God's got your number, and as he's already wasted the "sending his only begotten son" trick, he's giving it to you big style. (little known fact: 1/100 deaths in America are caused by spontaneous combustion with 50% of those deaths all having 10 or more eye witnesses who confirm the events!)
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

It's a previously banned troll.

-- Stephen Hawking

aha. twitchy always knows.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I've seriously just spent hours reading this thread and most of the accompanying links and articles.
    Wow. Some pretty crazy stories. Some of them I've heard about before, but some were new for me.

I found the Tara Calico case a little odd. Not just because of that polaroid picture, but (and maybe I'm being a bit harsh) I was caught off guard by reports that the mother *thought* it looked like Tara. Wouldn't a mother know her child? Obviously there is tape covering part of her face, but the rest of her is pretty clear.
    I was in a dark sports bar a few weeks ago and I had these random guys stop me and ask if I was "leanne's sister". yep, sure am. I had never met them and they hadn't seen my sister for 5+ years... but they somehow knew I was her sister. I would have expected a mom to know in her gut whether it was a picture of their child or not.

With Jack the Ripper, there are some that theorize it was H.H. Holmes. Holmes basically had a hotel of horrors in Chicago, where he tortured people that came to stay at the hotel. Holmes had a messed up childhood, was forced to play with a dead body in a basement by other kids. He later became a doctor. He was a bit of a transient with zero respect for women. I think it fits and is a good theory.

I'm fascinated with the Zodiac and am one of those that has theories and tries to 'research' (yup...straight up dork lol).

The story of the Collar Bomb intrigued me. I found it interesting that Jim Fisher, the FBI Agent that followed the case, believes that Bill Heistman was the true mastermind. The way he toyed with the media and police a bit, I thought of the Zodiac. For fun, I looked up pictures.
    Thought this was interesting...

Ooooooh... their glasses are similar! haha

This is how they think Zodiac would have 'aged'.

Thread Information