Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Betty Broderick: Murderer or Wronged Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Kids weren't abandoned by their dad he was taken away from them by their mother when she killed him. I've never read that he ever turned his children away and in fact had them all living with him at the time of his death.
    I meant emotionally.
    In court later, the children would be forced to testify. Of Dan, they told of a man whom they hardly knew, a figurehead merely, rarely at home. Of Betty, they sadly described a woman so preoccupied with her own anger that she forgot to hug them and reassure them of her love. Taped conversations between Betty and her children reveal a tormented woman unaware of the binding nuances between a mother and her flesh and blood. Her children represent just another set of supporting characters who fail to see the nightmare she sees, and because they can't see it, their opinions don't matter.

Bronze Member

I think Betty is both and that Dan and Linda got what was coming to them, I know it's wrong to not feel sympathy for a murder victim and I wish I could in this case but I can't. Not when Dan used his power and influence to cheat Betty out of her rightful share to their marital property and had his tophey wife notarize all the legal papers sent to Betty or Linda sending Betty fat and winkle cream ads and a photo of her and Dan with the words eat your heart out bitch. They enjoyed taunting her but unfortunely for them it backfired badly and they paid the ultimate price.

However while I don't feel sympathy for Dan and Linda and think they got what was coming to them for foolishly taunting a woman who was clearly mentally unstable, I don't support Betty murdering them. All she accomplished with that selfish act was hurting innocent people...her children and the family members of Dan and Linda's who where not like them. They don't deserve the pain and suffering Betty infliced on them when she murdered her ex and his tophey wife. She should have just pretended to feel remorse for making their lives hell by apologizing and then just waited for karma to come bite him and Linda on the ass. It would have happened especially to Linda. If they had lived, there's no way they would be married today. Either Linda would have cheated on him and/or Dan would have grown bored with her as she aged and replace her with a new golddigger trophy wife, and Linda would have recieved the same treatment by Dan and his lawyer that Betty recieved during their divorce case. Betty could have have just sat back pointing and laughing and gleefully rubbing it in Linda's face, that would have been the best revenge.

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Ann View Post
    However while I don't feel sympathy for Dan and Linda and think they got what was coming to them for foolishly taunting a woman who was clearly mentally unstable, I don't support Betty murdering them.
    so you think Dan and Linda got what they had coming to them, but you don't support Betty murdering them? so which is it?
    sluce and MsChiff like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

oh gawd.
    MsChiff likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Has Betty been allowed to use the internet?
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^that's a good question.. I wonder if her kids visit her?

And if her ethnicity is still the same?

so that would be a yes? lol

And how does she smell?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

betty smells like dick cheese...

Interesting how this thread got bumped...

I've read a few accounts on this crime & watched a few shows (mostly biased towards "scorned women", but some just on notorious crimes). I feel bad for Betty, I really do - divorce is never pretty - & speaking from my own experience, even the most sane people can lose it during stressful times like that. I personally remember having one night where I just got it in my head he was partying out with a girlfriend (we were newly separated & he "forgot" to pick up our son from school & get him to see him) & I was hell bent on hunting his ass down to give him a piece of my mind. This included me driving around the city in the middle of the night with our 4 year old sleeping in the backseat. Never found him, and I would have NEVER thought I would do something like that in a million years, but some circumstances make you act out of character.

But, when I think of that moment, even if I had found him & he had been with a girl or at a bar or whatever, I wasn't packing a gun or knife to hurt him. So what throws me off about Betty is she GOES to their home with a gun... YEARS after the separation/divorce. That's what freaks me out... She was mentally disturbed. I wished she would have just left it alone, Dan would have gotten bored eventually then Betty could have been laughing at Linda...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Last edited by Jazzy; September 14th, 2012 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Add link

Elite Member

I haven't delved in the Betty Broderick thing but I think it's one of those cases where it's really easy to project how you feel about marriage/men/etc. onto it. Especially if you haven't read up on it. Hearing about it, my first instinct is that the woman snapped after years of supporting him through school, raising the kids, and so forth. Who wouldn't be resentful? But the more I read about it, the less simple it seems.
    sprynkles and Seapharris7 like this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Obviously, Betty is both a murderer and a scorned woman. I can sympathize with her for the hell her skeevy asshole husband put her through but I can't condone murder as the solution to the problem of asshole husbands who leave their long suffering wives for a new model.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information