Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Betty Broderick: Murderer or Wronged Woman?

Betty is a crazy bitch who should rot in jail. She didn't care about anyone or anything other than herself. No thought of what her children were going through just all about revenged because she was supposedly wronged. Well you know what living well is the best revenge dumbass. I guess her motto is being alive is the best revenge.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Bronze Member

Part of the problem was that Dan was SO popular and successful that she couldn't GET a fair settlement. He knew all of the attorneys on some level, as well as the judges. It would be extremely frustrating.

That said? I left a 20 year marriage with my child, my dog, my car and what I could fit into it. In the end, I got nothing else AND had to pay for the car. I didn't even want to kill the man...I just wanted a fresh life.

Hope everything is working out Steph. That's a tough thing to do.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by steph_66 View Post
    Part of the problem was that Dan was SO popular and successful that she couldn't GET a fair settlement.
    Really not buying this. $16K a month is a lot nowadays, and in the 80's it was worth twice as much. Betty wasn't upset that she didn't get a fair deal, that was an excuse. She was made that she was replaced.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

He knew all of the attorneys on some level, as well as the judges. It would be extremely frustrating.
    I think that's bullshit. From my professional experience, even the most popular lawyers will have a 50/50 chance of going in front of a judge that doesn't like them. And that's aside from that fact that a lot of judges are apt to be harder on lawyers who appear before them in cases, whether they like the person on a personal level or not, and be protective of the non-lawyer party who doesn't have as much experience. And then there's the issue that the law isn't the Mafia - and just because lawyers know each other and/or the judges, that doesn't mean that they'll throw out out the law and just side with their buddy for no reason. It's like saying all the doctors in a town would deny the ex-wife of another doctor medicine just because she's the ex of someone they like.

Besides which, the source claiming that the divorce was unfair has always been Betty. At her recent parole hearing, she said, "I couldn't get a settlement, I couldn't get the kids." Which is a lie - she DID get a financial settlement. She's claimed in court that Dan took her house when he actually voluntarily left the family home to Betty and bought his own house. Betty claimed he "stole" the kids when she had custody of the kids until SHE told Dan to take them.

Betty's kids didn't like her abusive behavior and she, in turn, thought they interfered with her life with her wealthy young boyfriend. She thought that if she offered custody to Dan the horrible brats would ruin the carefree life that she thought he and Linda had and Betty would have the last laugh. Instead, he actually happily took sole custody of the kids and he and Linda enjoyed the family, with the kids in turn liking their new home. Everybody was actually happy and the plan backfired, which angered Betty even more.

Betty Broderick is a chronic liar, even to this day she'll say things at the parole hearings that have been proven wrong by mounds of documentary and forensic evidence. She lies about things even not related to the crime; for example, denying that she ever slept with Bradley Wright even thought he was staying in her bedroom, he's said they were involved and her children said they walked in on the two fucking. Betty said that she let Wright stay at her house "like a pet, like a dog." Of course she thought Dan and Linda were terrible - she thought Dan's family were "disgusting," she thought her own children were horrible liars, she thought the police, the prosecutors, mental health professionals, etc. were all in on a plot to destroy her. So yeah, she thought the legal system was against her because in Betty's eyes, everyone is against her. She's been denied parole because she can't even keep her temper in check for the length of a parole hearing.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Really not buying this. $16K a month is a lot nowadays, and in the 80's it was worth twice as much. Betty wasn't upset that she didn't get a fair deal, that was an excuse. She was made that she was replaced.
    Yes that was the crux of it, her being replaced by a younger model. But it was really odd that she did eventually get a boyfriend and have love in her life, yet still could not let go of her obsession. From what I've read, she still had friends who supported her too and this guy who she seemed to love, but could not get over being dumped by Dan. I understand the anger she must have felt. She put that guy through law school and medical school. I never understood how she, someone who claimed to be such a great mother, could be so callous to her children. Like the time she dumped them off on his doorstep without even checking if he was home. Her actions were more of a cold, calculating sociopath than a caring mother. That's where she lost my sympathy. No matter what my ex was/is doing, my kids always come first. She didn't care how much she hurt them.

P.S. Your sig is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    I can see why she did it. I've seen women who were in a long marriage be left for another woman. It can drive some to insanity or depression. She just went off the edge. I don't agree with her killing two people, but she was thinking irrationally. Poor thing.
    True! My husband dumped me after being together 30 years and has driven me to the edge a few times, just saying really ass-hole things to me. at times I have felt like Betty Broderick. Disrespected to the point of nuttiness.

Every time I see "poor thing" in regards to Betty, it makes me sick! She was not a poor thing. She is a fucking murderer and there is NO excuse good enough for being a fucking cowardly bitch and sneaking into someone's home while they are sleeping and unloading a gun on them! NONE!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

You know - it is women like Betty Broderick that give women in general a bad name. She hides behind that "poor, poor, pitiful me, princess crap" that the rest of us have to live down on a daily basis. The husband didn't die becasue he was a "meany" that didn't play "fair". He died becasue he humiliated her and she thought she could get away with it by playing the "poor, poor, pitiful me, princess crap"!!! God I hate women who pull this crap.
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

Now that Meredith Baxter is out hawking her book to everyone that will have her, I have been thinking of Betty again since I am unable to see them as two different people...haha

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    You know - it is women like Betty Broderick that give women in general a bad name. She hides behind that "poor, poor, pitiful me, princess crap" that the rest of us have to live down on a daily basis. The husband didn't die becasue he was a "meany" that didn't play "fair". He died becasue he humiliated her and she thought she could get away with it by playing the "poor, poor, pitiful me, princess crap"!!! God I hate women who pull this crap.
    Vouch.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Now that Meredith Baxter is out hawking her book to everyone that will have her, I have been thinking of Betty again since I am unable to see them as two different people...haha
    Same here..that's funny! Meredith and Lifetime did a bang up job on this story.
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

I had never heard of this case until today. However, I read a long writeup on it on Crime Library: crime stories on serial killers, the mafia, terrorists, spies, assassins and gangsters. Betty Broderick. A Crime Library Classic crime story. — Haywire — Crime Library on truTV.com

The people I feel sorry for are the four children. From what I've read, they were basically abandoned by both sides. As Nonorehab alluded to earlier, I think, they heard the psychotic ranting messages that their mother left on the answering machine. And they had nobody to turn to, as far as I can see. I think I read the daughters had drug problems early in school and both boys reported thoughts of suicide. I hope whatever happens in my life, that I would try to protect my kids from stress and horror, not visit it on them.

Yeah, I have no sympathy for Betty. She was a loon who ruined her kids' lives even before she killed their father. All the tirades on the phone, and terrible things she did and said in front of those kids during the divorce case, it's a shame...
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I had never heard of this case until today. However, I read a long writeup on it on Crime Library: crime stories on serial killers, the mafia, terrorists, spies, assassins and gangsters. Betty Broderick. A Crime Library Classic crime story. — Haywire — Crime Library on truTV.com

The people I feel sorry for are the four children. From what I've read, they were basically abandoned by both sides. As Nonorehab alluded to earlier, I think, they heard the psychotic ranting messages that their mother left on the answering machine. And they had nobody to turn to, as far as I can see. I think I read the daughters had drug problems early in school and both boys reported thoughts of suicide. I hope whatever happens in my life, that I would try to protect my kids from stress and horror, not visit it on them.
    Kids weren't abandoned by their dad he was taken away from them by their mother when she killed him. I've never read that he ever turned his children away and in fact had them all living with him at the time of his death.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information