Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Betty Broderick: Murderer or Wronged Woman?

Default Re: Betty Broderick: Murderer or Wronged Woman?

Well, what she did was WRONG and what he did was wrong. No, she shouldn't have killed them, but he played with her mind-- this is not a b & w situation. Personally I think she was sentenced a little too harshly. The poor woman just snapped and I can't rightly judge her in this situation....

Sometimes if you play with fire you get BURNED!!! (....or shot up by Betty Broderick. )

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed
    I always felt bad for her. She raised 4 kids and even they liked the "newer" model more. She probably felt like the biggest loneliest loser. Her ex,the new wife and kids seemed like a bunch of selfish a*holes. She should have fought for half, taken the money and disappeared. She could have found a new life as a resort employee in the Bahamas and hooked up with a hot latino named Carlos. But instead she's doing life. The Fool.
    She did fight for half. He wouldn't give it to her. He was taking home about $150,000 a month (in 1980s dollars), but she ended up with next to nothing. He kept her on a pretty tight leash, even after he left her, going over her bills every month and bitching about them.

I think the kids were raised by relatives of Dan's but it was found out that they were scamming the kids out of their inheritance in some way.

One of the sons is now a lawyer, and I read that they all call their mother every day.

Silver Member

I have no sympathy for her ex. He got just what he deserved (not that I think what she did was ok), but he pushed her over the edge. Funny how he seemed to like her ok while he was going through school and they were having a family, then after he becomes successful and making big bucks he decides he wants someone else and he's not happy. To top it all off, he doesn't want to be fair and give her a fair share of the money. When you play with fire, you get burned and she was pushed until she was nutty and he got killed. He played a big part in his own demise. He should have been man enough to be fair to the mother of his children after all the years she was taking care of everything while he was busy building his career and had no time for her or the kids. I just have no sympathy for men like this.

I agree, serenity. Although I find Betty's actions apalling, I feel no sympathy for Dan.

^^I agree too!!

I hope I would handle it differently, if god forbid I was in the same position...
    But I already would have the advantage since my hubby is not an attorney, and I wouldn't feel like I was fighting the entire Bar Association (like Betty said she was since her hubby was the President of said Association). Just so sad.....

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    I agree, serenity. Although I find Betty's actions apalling, I feel no sympathy for Dan.
    I don't feel sorry for Danny Boy either. I wouldn't say he got what he deserved, because nobody deserves to be murdered in cold blood. But he was not a nice person at all.

It would be awesome if she directed or wrote a made-for-TV movie based on her viewpoint. She'll be getting out in about 5 years.

Elite Member

I grew up in San Diego. This was a BIG story there. Betty Broderick IS schizo. Dan Broderick was an asshole (controlling, pushy, cheater) but she was also a nutcase and very unstable. It was a recipe for disaster. They both made their own destiny.

I can see why she did it. I've seen women who were in a long marriage be left for another woman. It can drive some to insanity or depression. She just went off the edge. I don't agree with her killing two people, but she was thinking irrationally. Poor thing.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness

Sometimes if you play with fire you get BURNED!!! (....or shot up by Betty Broderick. )
    lmfao
    can I quote that???

(oh and to add - I don't think this situation is funny - just the quote)

I'm glad she capped his ass, let it be a lesson.
    She's doing her time in prison.
    He's doing his in hell.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Bronze Member

He got what was coming to him, imo. It's called karma and I dont feel a single bit of sympathy for him, or her. Hopefully men will learn from this.
    Warning I AM a Christian, I AM judgemental, Im NOT open minded or tolerant and I probably DO look down on you. So think before you engage in conversation with me, 'kay?

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I've seen the movie (both parts) at least 3 times and love it! It's one of those movies that you always watch if it's on, even if you can recite it word for word because it's so fascinating.
    Lynnie, this is on the Lifetime Movie Network RIGHT NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by kimberwyn View Post
    He got what was coming to him, imo. It's called karma and I dont feel a single bit of sympathy for him, or her. Hopefully men will learn from this.
    Learn not to marry a psycho?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I don't think she was a psycho, but looking back on this story from a 2011 vantage point, I'm wondered if she would have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder if this happened today. BPD is such a popular DX now.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information