Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ayla Reynolds - 20-month-old toddler kidnapped from home

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    Kyron's bio-mom recently made another public plea to the bitch Terri to disclose what happened.

God damn. I know mothers and fathers have been killing their kids forever, but having the internet and being able to follow the cases makes me want torture brought back in as an interrogation technique. And to see if it works, test it on Casey Anthony.
    Why not try not following the cases? Fairly simple.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Why not try not following the cases? Fairly simple.
    I think the problem is that the prosecutors only get one shot at it, and in a lot of these cases, a) there's not even a body to examine, and b) the parent or guardian claims that the child is still alive because they were either abducted or left with some other mysterious person.

So, it seems like the prosecutors have an extra hill to climb - not only proving that the parent or guardian murdered the child, but also that the child is actually dead in the first place.

What?

I meant, why doesn't she - Katscorp- stop following these cases on the internet, since she finds it upsetting.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

What?

I meant, why doesn't she - Katscorp- stop following these cases on the internet, since she finds it upsetting.
    Holy crap, I completely misunderstood what you said. I thought you said, "Why not try the following cases?" As in a court trial. I totally missed the "not". Sorry!

there's some toddler missing in Maine still, too, right?
    with the psycho stepdad?
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    there's some toddler missing in Maine still, too, right?
    with the psycho stepdad?
    Yes, that's the original post story - Ayla Reynolds.

Here is an update (New Developments in Ayla Reynolds Case Place Father in Spotlight - Yahoo! News):

New developments in the case of missing toddler Ayla Reynolds paint a conflicting view of what might have happened to the Waterville, Maine, toddler and bring the baby's father under scrutiny. The baby's father, Justin DiPietro, went on television Monday for the first time since Ayla disappeared, making an unusual plea on NBC's Today Show:
    "What you're doing isn't right. You may think what you're doing is right for Ayla, but it's not. You have no right. You're not her parent. She belongs home with her family," DiPietro said.
    Although DiPietro has previously said through police he has no idea what happened to Ayla, according to WABI, his current statement suggests otherwise. Rather than issue a general plea for the baby's return, recognizing a kidnapper may have taken her for personal gratification or pecuniary gain, DiPietro addressed only the possibility that someone took the girl to protect her.
    Peter Hyatt's Seamus O'Riley blogspot, which publishes statement analysis on missing persons cases, commented on this discrepancy Tuesday:
    "How is it that he has "no idea" what happened to her, yet here he assumes she was taken by someone who thought she would be in better care? This sounds like a ruse."
    The blog pointed out in a post Monday the oddity of a parent telling a kidnapper, "You're not her parent," as if the kidnapper were somehow unaware of that fact.

But DiPietro made even more unusual statements in a follow-up interview with WGME News. Refusing to answer whether he thinks he knows who took Ayla, he confirmed his belief that someone took her with the goal of providing better care than her family has provided. He added, " Ayla probably thinks this is some sort kind of a game. She adapts real well. I have to believe she is being cared for. And I'm sure she has adapted to this situation."
    Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds, told NBC Today Thursday that she is looking to DiPietro to answer questions about what happened to Ayla.
    "…Just talk to me. That's all I want. He was the last one to see her alive…" she pleaded.
    Reynolds' apparent acknowledgement that her daughter is deceased follows past statements of concern for the child's safety with her father. Reynolds noted that during the short time Ayla stayed with DiPietro, she ended up with a broken arm and bruises and ultimately disappeared. Reynolds filed to regain custody two days before DiPietro reported Ayla missing.
    Asked whether she thinks DiPietro was involved in Ayla's disappearance, Reynolds said, "Part of me feels yes, and a part of me feels no."
    DiPietro dismissed Reynolds' concerns in a statement released by police last week. As reported by WABI, DiPietro said, "I would never do anything to hurt my child. The questions of Ayla's arm or bruises or anything else being said are simply ludicrous. I would never want anyone to spend even a minute in my shoes. No should ever have to experience this."
    That statement rang alarm bells for several reasons. DiPietro didn't directly deny that he hurt his daughter; he dismissed concern over how the baby got hurt as "ludicrous," denying the reasonableness of questioning a baby's broken arm and independent bruises, regardless of his ultimate responsibility or lack thereof for the injuries; and he spoke of his own suffering rather than the possible suffering of his child, the alleged kidnap victim.

The Waterville police announced Friday that the case is being treated as a criminal investigation due to unspecified evidence of "foul play," the Boston Herald reported.

Sorry, I'm an idiot....I got confused with their being one in Maine and one in Vermont.
    ETA: I was thinking of Celina Cass in Vermont, whose stepdad has schizophrenia. She was found dead, though, so not missing.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I am not sure if they think they have a lead or simply casting their net wide but her missing poster has been released in Quebec today: http://www.enfant-retourquebec.ca/up...0111216_en.pdf

Sorry I could not post it in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    I'm just frustrated that there's so many missing children out there. And life itself chips away at my humanity.
    um, i'm usually not one to encourage people's obsessions but maybe you should spend more time on leann rimes' twitter, and less on sensational news stories about missing children?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Stuff like this has always happened. It just gets more press now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    The Lindbergh baby says Holla!!
    This. It is a matter of the proliferation of news outlets(the information age)..plus (and I snickered at the Lindbergh 'holla')..since the time of that particular scandal the population(at least in the US) has more than doubled if not nearly tripled..so even if the percentages stayed the same, you would have twice the amount of occurrences. Add that to modern journalism and news reporting and you have the recipe for child abduction hysteria.

And if anything, I would bet there was a lot of underreporting in the 'good old days'. And kids were too busy working in the fields or in coal mines or factories 12 hours a day to get abducted(waaaay back when).

And isn't the Grandmother of this kid ALSO giving some conflicting stories about the night she was 'abducted'??? She said she was there that night, then said she wasn't, etc. FUCKED UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    This. It is a matter of the proliferation of news outlets(the information age)..plus (and I snickered at the Lindbergh 'holla')..since the time of that particular scandal the population(at least in the US) has more than doubled if not nearly tripled..so even if the percentages stayed the same, you would have twice the amount of occurrences. Add that to modern journalism and news reporting and you have the recipe for child abduction hysteria.

And if anything, I would bet there was a lot of underreporting in the 'good old days'. And kids were too busy working in the fields or in coal mines or factories 12 hours a day to get abducted(waaaay back when).
    The part that I see that's different is that, compared to just a couple of years ago, where Caylee Anthony was the lone prominent case, we now have about 5 or 6 simultaneous cases, with circumstances very similar to Anthony's.

They cover more of them simultaneously now because Casey Anthony was a fucking ratings bonanza- all the networks want a piece of that. America loves to watch things about murdered kids- as long as they're white kids.

They cover more of them simultaneously now because Casey Anthony was a fucking ratings bonanza- all the networks want a piece of that. America loves to watch things about murdered kids- as long as they're white kids.
    Actually, they are not getting nearly the coverage of Casey Anthony. If it were a ratings bonanza, channels like MSNBC would be opening more of their time and coverage for these new cases, but they aren't.

Joran van der Sloot's pending plea deal is getting more coverage.

Lol Mo. Above you're noting how many more cases are now getting coverage, and then you're saying they aren't getting time and coverage.

The part that I see that's different is that, compared to just a couple of years ago, where Caylee Anthony was the lone prominent case, we now have about 5 or 6 simultaneous cases, with circumstances very similar to Anthony's
    Contrary much?

The multiple threads here are enough proof that way too many people love to watch and obsess over this type of thing. They can't get enough of dead kids.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information