Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Australia body-in-suitcase NOT Maddie McCann, suggestion is purely attention-seeking

^^That story used to haunt me after I read about it. So sad.

There was another famous story of a child found in a box and he was never identified. Small boy, 4 - 6 years old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_in...(Philadelphia)

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If the mystery man was responsible for her death he's not going to come forward is he.
    Pretty much. I guess my wondering is why is he moving it when it seems to have already been dumped. And in full view of witnesses, and not even bothering to hide it, like he wanted it to be found. Although, he could have just been some nobody who had seen it, found what was in it, then moved it to where someone else could find it so he wouldn't be involved. The whole thing is bizarre.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

A*O

Trying to hide it more effectively, or maybe just "reconnecting" with his victim. These sick fucks get a kick out of it. Any detective will tell you a perp often returns to the scene of the crime. I think there's lots of forensic stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment and the cops are being a bit tight lipped.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Trying to hide it more effectively, or maybe just "reconnecting" with his victim. These sick fucks get a kick out of it. Any detective will tell you a perp often returns to the scene of the crime. I think there's lots of forensic stuff going on behind the scenes at the moment and the cops are being a bit tight lipped.
    Very true, they do. It's just strange that he wasn't subtle about it, being seen by at least 2 people, and putting it somewhere where people could easily see it. It was already easily seen since lots of people have come forward and reported it being there for a while and the Mr seeing it further along before the man was reported to have moved it. So many ways I could speculate, but what you're saying is most likely since he hasn't come forward. Really interesting, but incredibly sad.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

In his 60's?
    Maybe he (the killer?) has a terminal illness, wants to bring closure by having the body found?

No matter the how, why, who, whatever... I wish anyone who harms a child's life a fiery slo painful death.

A*O

Not sure about the illness angle but it's possible his conscience prompted him to make sure the remains were found so she can at least be laid to rest if nothing else. Like I say, I think the cops know more about this than they are letting on. Modern forensic techniques have advanced so much I'm hopeful they can at least identify her, if not find out exactly what happened or who did it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

There's just so many possible scenarios with that man, but he does seem involved somehow. There must be other people who have noticed this girl missing. Either way, they're saying it was a violent death and was definitely no accident where they panicked and dumped her. Really hope they solve this one, poor girl.

As an aside, I did laugh as my husband almost fits the description of this man. He's not 60 (almost 40) but from a distance, with his grey hair, lean frame etc I did say to be careful when he made his report

An update for anyone who is following this case. Very sad but glad they could identify them.

Double murder breakthrough: Wynarka suitcase girl identified along with her mother

South Australia Police (SAPOL) have a name for the little girl whose remains were found in a suitcase alongside Karoonda Highway near Wynarka in July this year.
    She is Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, born in Alice Springs in 2006. Her identity was confirmed through DNA technology.

In a double murder breakthrough, police have also determined that remains found in Belanglo State Forest in New South Wales in August 2010 are those of Khandalyce's mother - Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson. The unidentified woman had been dubbed "Angel" by police and media as she was found with a t-shirt bearing an angelic motif.
    A joint investigation has now been launched by SAPOL's Major Crime Branch and the NSW Homicide Squad, with assistance from police in the Northern Territory and ACT.
    The circumstances and place of the murders is yet to be determined.
    This significant development began on October 8 when a call to Crime Stoppers nominated Khandalyce as possibly being the little girl in the suitcase. The caller had not seen Khandalyce or Ms Pearce-Stevenson for some time and believed they were missing.
    Major Crime Detectives obtained Khandalyce's records which showed she was immunised at 18 months. There was no further record of her receiving medical treatment or being enrolled in school.
    Investigators then located a witness who had seen Khandalyce and her mother at Marion Shopping Centre, Adelaide in November 2008. She had taken photos of Khandalyce wearing a pink dress. That dress is identical to that found with the remains in the suitcase.
    Police were also provided with photos of Khandalyce in a stroller with the handmade quilt that was also found in the suitcase.
    Finally a blood sample from Khandalyce's medical records was analysed by Forensic Science South Australia and conclusively matched the DNA profile extracted from the skeletal remains in the suitcase.
    Blood samples from Ms Pearce-Stevenson medical records were also used to develop a DNA profile. This was sent to police in NSW who confirmed that they matched that of "Angel".

The last known sighting of the pair was on Saturday, 8 November 2008 when Ms Pearce-Stevenson was driving on the Stuart Highway near Coober Pedy.
    At that time Ms Pearce-Stevenson was 20 and Khandalyce was aged two.

SAPOL's head of Major Crime, Detective Superintendent Des Bray said family and friends of the victims have been informed and are devastated by the news.
    "They are naturally grieving and it is important for us all to respect their privacy as they come to terms with this loss," Det Supt Bray said.
    "Ms Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce are from a loving family. Both were born in Alice Springs but we know that during 2008 they moved away from their family and started to travel.
    "Contact with the family became less over time and on 4 September 2009 Ms Pearce-Stevenson's mother raised a Missing Person Report with the Northern Territory Police.
    "It is understood that report was closed on 10 September 2009 after it was believed Ms Pearce-Stevenson was safe and well but did not want family contact.
    "This is one of the most shocking crimes imaginable and has torn apart and devastated a loving family.
    "Those responsible for this crime are truly evil and remain amongst us in the community and must be held accountable for what they have done.
    "We are calling on every community across Australia to provide any information they have to Police that may help solve this crime. If you know something, please contact police now."
    Police are specifically looking for information from friends and associates of the victims since 2006. They also want to hear from landlords, motels and caravan parks where they could have stayed since that year.
    "If you operate once of these businesses please check your records from 1 December 2008," Supt Bray said.
    "It is with everyone's assistance we have reached this very important breakthrough, but it is important to note the identification is only the beginning of the investigation," Det Supt Bray said.
    SAPOL and NSW Homicide Squad are working closely to complete the picture of Karlie's life, particularly since the birth of Khandalyce in 2006.
    NSW Police Homicide Commander, Detective Superintendent Mick Willing explained there are now numerous lines of enquiry to follow.
    "While we will do our best to keep the community informed, we need to first establish fact from fiction and ensure we avoid speculation, which could damage our investigations," Det Supt Willing said.
    Det Supt Bray reiterated this message: "It is with community assistance that we have reached this very important breakthrough, but it is important to note the identification is only the beginning of the investigation."

*apologies for the wall of text. I only have internet access on my phone and editing is ridiculous*

Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Wow, I guess that was the secret the cops were keeping .... there was another body found with the girl's body!!! How awful.

Thanks for for the update, Slueth!

Khandalyce???

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Khandalyce???
    Khandalyce Kiara...

if the dead could speak, little khandalyce would ask that everyone please keep calling her Angel.
    thordis likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

My khondolynces to her family.
    msdeb, emkat, sprynkles and 5 others like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Khandalyce???

Budge up a bit on that bus bound for hell because I thought the same thing. And that it sounded like a vaginal infection.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Wow, I guess that was the secret the cops were keeping .... there was another body found with the girl's body!!! How awful.

Thanks for for the update, Slueth!
    I think the mom's body was found at a separate location several years ago. Still, I'm thinking they must have kept something to themselves, if they never released info indicating that there was a chance these two were connected.

Hopefully, they figure out what happened to these two.

Oh, and the name, geez. Poor little thing.

Bronze Member

Press Conference vid at the link.

Wynarka/Belanglo murders: Police starting to circle killers as callous fraud revealed

IT is highly likely the handful of suspects in the murders of Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and her daughter Khandalyce have had more than a few sleepless nights since police knocked on their doors.
    They are clearly not criminal masterminds, after having been publicly unmasked on Tuesday as nothing more than callous thieves — stealing welfare payments from the bank account of the loving mother one or more of them most likely killed in December, 2008.
    Just as detectives predicted when Khandalyce’s remains were found in a suitcase at Wynarka in July, once they had identified her the investigation would move quickly.
    While they didn’t expect to discover her mother had also been murdered, that bizarre twist has served to provide even more focus for the investigation.
    For the past fortnight, it has homed in on Karlie’s associates — those she spent time with after leaving her Alice Springs home with Khandalyce in 2008. It is now clear she was mixing with undesirables.

Major Crime detectives clearly have the suspects in their sights and are building a brief of evidence against them, for both the murders and the frauds.

“We have a very strong focus on who may be involved and we have a very strong focus on people in this state who know they were involved,’’ Det. Superintendent Des Bray said on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, the circumstances are by no means unusual. The most glaring example was the Snowtown murders in which the perpetrators continued to collect the Centrelink payments of their victims after killing them.
    The most recent example of such a crime has been in the death of Terowie man Martin Meffert. He was last seen in 2005, but partial skeletal remains were found in 2013. For seven years, his disability pension was stolen from his bank account, presumably by those responsible for his death.
    Just as they do in the Meffert case, it is highly likely detectives have CCTV images of those who have been withdrawing cash regularly from Karlie Pearce-Stevenson’s account.
    It is also likely they have CCTV images from a number of other locations the suspects frequented while carrying out their calculating and callous fraud.

No doubt, if needed, these will be used strategically at some stage during the investigation.
    Just as they have probably done while interviewing them, senior police yesterday pulled no punches in their message to the suspects in both the frauds and the two murders.
    “I would encourage those people, if not involved in the murders, to not risk their own freedom by withholding information about those responsible for the murders,’’ Det. Supt. Bray said.
    With so many individuals involved in the frauds — and possibly the murders — it is quite probable one could heed that advice and break ranks to save their own skin.

THE LATEST REVELATIONS
    * Karlie Pearce-Stevenson and Khandalyce were killed in mid to late December 2008 with their last recorded sighting at Charnwood, northwest of Canberra, in the Australian Capital Territory.
    * At least one male and two females were involved in identity fraud that included assuming the identity of Ms Pearce-Stevenson at the Australian Central Credit Union at Elizabeth and Centrelink Salisbury.
    * Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s phone was used until mid 2011 to mislead family, friends and police by suggesting that she was still alive.
    * Police say they have a very strong focus on the people who may be involved in either the murders or assisting offenders.
    * Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s bank account was accessed hundreds of times and transactions worth more than $90,000 were recorded. Some of those transactions include:
    3/11/2008 Purchase at KFC (Port Augusta)
    6/11/2008 Purchase McDonalds (Rundle Mall, Adelaide)
    9/11/2008 Eftpos Purchase Coles (Alice Springs)
    14/11/2008 ATM withdrawal (Kent Town)
    17/11/2008 Rabbit Photo/Strandbags (Mt Gambier)
    24/11/2008 ATM withdrawal Kippax Fair (Canberra)
    16/12/2008 Charnwood (Canberra)
    19/12/2008 Deakin (Canberra)
    22/12/2008 BP OTR (Broadview)
    6/01/2009 Coober Pedy (Coober Pedy)
    7/01/2009 EFTPOS Purchase Mobil (Alice Springs )
    10/01/2009 ATM withdrawal BP (Broadview)

No Cookies | The Advertiser

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information