Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Aruba Part 2, the Robin Gardner edition

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post

Last month, RadarOnline.com gave exclusive insight into his bizarre past behavior by obtaining a photo of Giordano wearing long furry ears with a fake nose and heavy framed glasses, like a warped jackalope, a folklore animal that is a jack rabbit with antelope horns.

Several of Gary’s ex-girlfriends claim that he used to dress up in the creepy outfit and hide in the woods, while demanding details on their every move.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Naptown!!! Woot!

Seriously, what kind of fucked up woman would fuck this guy, PERIOD??? I guess people like to play with danger. Or perhaps she felt a car in a parking lot, in broad daylight made it a bit safer.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Naptown!!! Woot!

Seriously, what kind of fucked up woman would fuck this guy, PERIOD??? I guess people like to play with danger. Or perhaps she felt a car in a parking lot, in broad daylight made it a bit safer.
    Naptown is Indianapolis. We don't do that here. By that, I mean cover the windows.
    Trixie likes this.

^we used to call Annapolis "naptown" back in the day.

Gary Giordano Sues for Robyn Gardner's Travel Insurance

By LINSEY DAVIS (@LinseyDavis)
    June 19, 2012

Gary Giordano, who was a suspect in his travel companion Robyn Gardner's disappearance in August, has sued to collect on an insurance policy he took out on the woman.

Giordano, 51, filled the lawsuit last week against American Express for $3.5 million for failing to pay him the death benefit he says he deserves after Gardner presumably died after her Aug. 2 disappearance. Gardner's body has not been found.

Giordano says the accidental death policy was part of his regular travel insurance that not only gave him coverage, but covered his traveling partners as well. Gardner's policy is worth $1.5 million.

"When somebody takes out a policy and there is no body, they are required to wait 365 days before making a claim," American Express told ABC News.

That means Giordano won't be eligible to collect until August, a year from the date Gardner vanished.

Giordano tried to collect on the insurance policy two days after he notified authorities about Gardner's disappearance. Giordano explained his rationale on "Good Morning America" in December, one day after being released from jail in Aruba.

"My lawyer at the time, Michael Lopez, said you need to call insurance immediately," Giordano said.

An American Express employee who spoke to Giordano told police: "[Giordano] sounded excited, like he was about to win something."

Giordano said in December, "I've purchased it [travel insurance] many times before. ...… I have children. And if ... I go traveling and I disappear, I want them to be covered, OK? I was selecting it for me, than she got the same thing."

Richard Forester, Gardner's boyfriend at the time of her disappearance, says the new lawsuit only makes him more suspicious of Giordano.

"He's exploiting Robyn's disappearance, and trying to make a small fortune off of it," Forester said. "I didn't think it was possible to be more suspicious of Giordano, but this absolutely does make me more suspicious of him."

Giordano spent four months in an Aruban jail last year as police tried to build a case against him in the disappearance of the Frederick, Md., woman, 35.

Giordano says that he and Gardner were snorkeling on Aug. 2 off the coast of Aruba when she went missing.

"At some point, I became distressed and found out that I had a problem coming back to shore. Robyn was, I thought, behind me, and she wasn't. I turned, did not see her, and I went for help," Giordano said in December.

Giordano said he last saw Gardner at around 4:15 p.m. Aug. 2, but did not tell anyone she was missing until 6 p.m., an hour and 45 minutes later.

He later speculated to ABC News that she might have been a victim of a human trafficking crime.

Giordano was charged last month with indecent exposure in Annapolis, Md., after he was allegedly caught having sex in the back of an SUV in a public parking garage.

Gary Giordano Sues for Robyn Gardner's Travel Insurance - ABC News
    Video at the link What a jackass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What a piece of shit, I hope he doesn't get a fucking dime.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Unfortunately, unless it can be proven he's involved in her death, he's most likely entitled to the insurance payout.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah I know, I just hope that they do find her body and are able to link this scumbag to her death.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

What kind of idiots are interviewing this guy? It literally looks like he just gets to say his BS without any kind of challenge.

I was just looking this up. It appears that it costs about $100 or so to get accidental death and dismemberment travel insurance that would amount to $1.5 Million.

Giordano mentions that he gets this all the time because he has children, and if he disappears, he wants them to be covered.

1. What, exactly, is his rationale for buying insurance for Robyn Gardner? She had no children or dependents. These two were not in a long-term, committed relationship - in fact, her regular boyfriend was back in Maryland. If it was done for her benefit (for example, if she was killed in an accident, the policy would pay for her remains to be repatriated to the US for burial, etc.) shouldn't her parents or some other relative hers be the beneficiary?

2. Did Robyn Gardner know he had taken out a big travel insurance policy on her? Shouldn't someone be entitled to know that someone else has taken a life insurance policy out on you? Just so you have a heads up that you have become worth a lot more dead to someone than alive?

3. American Express says you have to wait an entire year to get the money if no body is found. That has to be in the policy. How did Giordano skip past this and think he is being jerked around by American Express? Is Giordano actually getting advice on this from a real lawyer?

mjw
    Elite Member

Isn't Jose Baez a.k.a. Dumb Fuck his attorney? Bold as hell to try to get this money while he's still under investigation.

I wish Jose would fix him up w/Casey Anthony, so he can take her scuba diving.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't really understand the point of travel insurance. If someone is worried about their kids, why not purchase a real life insurance policy which would cover you all the time? $100 seems like a lot to provide coverage for a couple weeks.

And I sure as hell wouldn't purchase it for an acquaintance on the slim chance they'll be accidentally killed on vacation. Might as well invest in lottery tickets.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information