Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

Default Re: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

I didn't say lawyer, i said PUBLICIST. Of course they'd get a lawyer.

Sorry, I don't buy the need for a publicist. You're in mourning cuz your kid was supposedly murdered but hey.. you need PR representation! That's what's important!

These people were pageant freaks, and their attention to "image" comes off as self serving, creepy and irrelevant when THEIR FUCKING KID WAS MURDERED.

I mean, come on.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

If there was an intruder, I wonder if he/she was in the house already when the Ramsey's were at that party. I wonder if he/she hid in the house until they all went to bed and then went upstairs and killed JonBenet. Did this give an intruder ample time to write a ransom note when they were all gone? I don't know...I'm just throwing things out there...but I've often wondered that. That would seem more plausible than a kidnapper/murderer wandering in the house having all the time in the world to write 3 page letters and kill a kid in a wine cellar with the whole family in the house.

I lost my parents at 14, plus three friends at the same time. (auto accident) I was devastated. I would never give two shits if the media was speculating. I wouldn't be able to dig myself out of despair long enough to do anything if something ever happened to my child.

Eh whynot.. the neighbors heard the little poodle screaming her head off through walls, insulation and distance but the parents didn't? Pfft.

Unless momsy and daddsy were snookered on booze or sleeping pills...
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Sorry, I don't buy the need for a publicist. You're in mourning cuz your kid was supposedly murdered but hey.. you need PR representation! That's what's important!

These people were pageant freaks, and their attention to "image" comes off as self serving, creepy and irrelevant when THEIR FUCKING KID WAS MURDERED.

I mean, come on.
    Lawyers and publicist. They needed both...and yeah, come on. You have THOUSANDS of people, media and law encorcement officials from all over the nation and world knocking on your door, calling your phone, hounding you for statements, interviews and photographs of you, your wife and your dead kid and yes, you ARE in mourning. What are you going to do, let the answering machine get it? Of course not. They didn't have that luxury. They didn't have the option of skipping town. They didn't have the option of saying bye, call later. They had a murder investigation to deal with. Funeral arrangements. An entire nation at their doorstop. Be realistic here. They needed a professional team to handle the media--not their 'image'. I highly doubt they were in the mood to handle all this themselves. If they were media hogs you'd think they'd bask and relish the media attention. I don't think the publicist was something they chose--it was something they had to get out of neccessity.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I find that totally understandable. I would've hired attorneys also. They were clearly being targeted as suspects and there comes a point when you realize okay, we need to start getting legal representation here.
    When a child is murdered in the home, the immediate family are the first suspects that cops interview. It's standard procedure. Once the family has been ruled out, the cops can look outside the home. It's standard procedure. Only stupid jackasses fail to understand this, and only those with something to hide fight tooth and nail against this procedure and absolutely refuse to work with the cops. So I don't feel one damn bit sorry for the Ramseys because they brought it all on themselves by remaining indignant and stubborn for days and days and weeks and MONTHS after their beloved child was murdered.

If someone accuses you of a crime, even if you're innocent, are you going to go into court ALONE knowing nothing about the law or are you going to get people to help you?
    No. I would 1) hire a lawyer and then 2) answer all the cops' questions with my lawyer present. If the cops still think I'm guilty, BUT HAVEN'T CHARGED ME WITH ANYTHING, then I would hire a PI toute de suite and continue to work with the cops, always with my lawyer present.

I'm sorry but if I'm being accused of murder and I'm innocent, I'm still covering my ass.
    That's because you're smart.

The Ramsey's had every right to defend themselves. The fact they hired legal counsel does not prove anything in my eyes.
    Yes, they had every right, and it was smart of them to do so. But what was NOT smart was how they behaved: indignant, stubborn, willful and combative.

And a publicist they needed--that case got so much media attention both nationally and globally they basically had no other alternative. It was a circus. They really had no choice.
    Again, I agree. But remember: it's all about PERCEPTION. If you are perceived to be working with the cops, then you are perceived to be innocent. The irony, however, is that John Mark Karr is in fact working with the cops, but nobody seems to believe he's guilty of JBR's murder!

Elite Member

So wicked ho, you're saying the Ramseys did what they were supposed to, you just didn't like HOW they did it? You didn't like the perception of it? Okay....Unfortunately, the way we would like people to behave doesn't make them killers. I understand what you're saying but I think they did behave appropriately...and they did cooperate. But like you say, it wasn't to the liking or satisfaction to some people and those are the peope who to this day say they did it. I can see that, but it still doesn't make people killers when we as individuals don't mourn or react the way others expect us too...let's convict people on evidence, not our perceptions.

Saying someone killed their child is very serious. I can't say they did without hard evidence. That would be very unfair to me. But if and when they find out who did kill JonBenet, whether it be the Ramseys or an intruder, I think that person should fry. Big time.

You have THOUSANDS of people, media and law encorcement officials from all over the nation and world knocking on your door, calling your phone, hounding you for statements, interviews and photographs of you, your wife and your dead kid and yes, you ARE in mourning. What are you going to do, let the answering machine get it?
    HELL YES!!!! Fuck the media. The only people you need to talk to are the cops and other law enforcement. THAT IS IT. Everybody else, you simply say "Fuck off, my child just died!" Or simply: No comment. Pure and simple.

And you hire a publicist to do that for you, to speak to the media on your behalf.

Elite Member

I think that's easier said than done. And I think at some point their lawyers and whomever else was giving them counsel told them "You need to get a publicist. This is getting too big for any of us to handle. We have a murder case to solve here and you two need to start giving interviews to the police". I do think it was neccessary IMO.

So wicked ho, you're saying they did what they were supposed to, you just didn't like HOW they did it.
    No. Assuming they are innocent, I am saying they DID NOT do what they were supposed to do. Here's what they were supposed to do:
    Call the police.
    Report the crime.
    Grieve.
    Answer the cops' questions.
    Grieve.
    Get a lawyer when they realize they are suspects.
    Grieve.
    Take a polygraph test if it's requested.
    Grieve.
    Arrange a press conference beseeching the help of anyone who may know anything about the crime.
    Continue to answer questions, but always with a lawyer present for as long as they remain suspects.
    And hire a private investigator if they think the cops were too focused on them and not putting enough resources into looking beyond the Ramsey family.
    Grieve.

If they were media hogs you'd think they'd bask and relish the media attention.
    *snorts* and they didn't? Hello, didn't they write a book or 2 about the whole ordeal?

They're PAGEANT FREAKS. The death of their child (probably by their own hands) was probably just a stepping stone to the fame they always sought through their daughters prostitute shows.

I don't find it strange that the Ramsey's hired a publicist. The publicist was hired to answer the Media's questions and considering the media frenzy at the time, I really don't blame them.
    I think they were only following the advice of their lawyer and the Ramsey's
    were financially well off, so why not?
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Elite Member

Oh come on now, Grimmlook, I know you don't mean that...you HONESTLY think they murdered their daughter as a stepping stone to fame? That doesn't even make sense. They strangled this child to death, bashed her skull in all to get some media attention?

A pageant freak Patsy may have been...I can't comment, I don't run in those circles and I don't know anyone who's into kid pageants so I really don't have any knowledge of them. But to say they were prostituting their daughter is a little far-fetched. I think a lot of mothers go overboard with their daughters and they dress them up like little dolls and get super excited. What do so many women say "Oh, I want a girl because the clothes are cuter". It was Patsy's only daughter. They had money. The kid was cute. Patsy may have gone overboard but to say she murdered her and wanted to prostitute her just doesn't make sense. I don't think she seriously saw the 'wrongness' in it...maybe in hindsight she did but I really don't think so at the time...

My opinion is that they both loved that child. ('That child'...lol)...it's obvious that they indulged her. She was adored. I'm sorry, if I have a little girl one day I'll love her, but she ain't getting all the stuff JonBenet had...

JonBenet was not sexually abused by her father or brother...

If Patsy killed her, I think it was an accident, not deliberate because a mother who hates her kid isn't going to shower her with all that attention and spend all that money for pageants on her...

And....

If it was an intruder, I think it was someone who was already in that house waiting for them when they got back from that party..

JonBenet was not sexually abused by her father or brother...
    You got a set o' balls on you, girl, to make such a statement with such conviction.

But, um, yeah. JonBenet was sexually abused. By someone.

If Patsy killed her, I think it was an accident, not deliberate because a mother who hates her kid isn't going to shower her with all that attention and spend all that money for pageants on her...

All the pageantry stuff most likely was for Patsy's own gratification. She was a former beauty queen and she was living through her little girl. I don't doubt she loved JonBenet, and I highly doubt she set out to kill her, but buying all the pageant stuff isn't a good example of her 'love', IMO.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Thread Information