Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

A*O

Default Re: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

I see he flew Business Class and enjoyed several glasses of champagne. There's pics in the Aussie media of him on the plane - how did the press get on the flight too? This is turning into a complete media circus and I now actively hope he didn't do it so the press ends up with egg on its face for buying into the hysteria.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I suppose I have just trusted what I've read. I also read The Death of Innocence which is the Ramseys book and when I was done with that, I thought they were innocent too. I am easily swayed.

I did find that reading and writing about this did my head in! I can see why so many police/detectives etc had to get off this case. Theres evidence that points to the Ramseys being guilty, there's some evidence that it was an intruder, its the craziest case that might ever have existed.

KD
    Elite Member

^It's a tough case. Ten years and still not much closer. I will google that, TAP.

Now I want to go the library, get Presumed Guilty and scan the pages onto here, I hate people thinking I make this information up.
    When I googled, there was mention of Jonbenet soiling the bed, etc, some detective even wrote a book with the theory that Patsy went berserk and killed Jonbenet after she soiled/wet the bed that night. But as Lobelia said, you cant beleive everything you read.

KD
    Elite Member

^I was NOT implying that you made it up, I just want to read it for myself. You stated things I have never heard before, I want to read it, too. Just speacing for myself.
    I totally believe you read it somewhere, that is not to say I neccesarily believe the information.

Along the lines of what TheAntiParis said, you can't really deduct guilt or innocence over how people react when they make an initial report to the police. While I do believe that there are some behavioral patterns that can strongly point to guilt of a person (lack of emotion, etc.), being hysterial isn't necessarily a sign of innocence.

I'm almost done reading a book called 'fatal vision' by joe mcginnis about the infamous doctor jeffrey macdonald who is serving a life sentence for murdering his wife and two girls in the early 70's. The doctor that first treated him noted how hysterical and distraught he genuinely seemed (even though he had no life threatening injuries whatsoever). The evidence however strongly suggested he DID murder his family.

I'm not implying that you made it up, either. I'm sure you read it. But when I searched, the only hits I got were on message boards, and were pretty much people speculating.

The thing is, all it takes is for someone to say something once regarding this case, and before you know it, it's all over the place & presented as fact. For some strange reason, a bunch of us are inexplicably fascinated with this case, so some smart folks realized early on that money was to be made by writing books about it.

I will admit that I'm easily swayed, too. I have gone back & forth on the Ramsey's guilt so fast & often that it looks like I'm tap dancing. Like I've said, the only thing that I can't get past is the ransom note compared to Patsy's writing. However, like I said in a previous post, I am no longer sure that what I saw for myself was actually Patsy's handwriting. I'm looking for a more credible source.

ETA: Oh, and when googling/searching for info about Jonbenet & encopresis, be alert for people inaccurately using the word "soiling" when they really just mean urination.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiParis View Post
    I suppose I have just trusted what I've read. I also read The Death of Innocence which is the Ramseys book and when I was done with that, I thought they were innocent too. I am easily swayed.

I did find that reading and writing about this did my head in! I can see why so many police/detectives etc had to get off this case. Theres evidence that points to the Ramseys being guilty, there's some evidence that it was an intruder, its the craziest case that might ever have existed.

I am sure we have all been guilty of this, but you can't believe everything you read in this case as there have been complete opposing theories as to what happened. They are guilty, no they are innocent! I sure hope time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I'm almost done reading a book called 'fatal vision' by joe mcginnis about the infamous doctor jeffrey macdonald who is serving a life sentence for murdering his wife and two girls in the early 70's.
    Boy, that's another one that is extremely interesting, isn't it?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Boy, that's another one that is extremely interesting, isn't it?

Definitely interesting. I remembered the mini series when I was younger but forgot about it for a long time until recently when a friend mailed me the book and I started to read it.

Ironically, doctor macdonald's daughter also had an issue with bed wetting.

I cant believe they reported this on CNN [I'm in australia by the way, i dont know if what i get is different to what america gets right at this moment]; 'Karr slept on the plane, then read a book....".

Come on, I just want to hear once and for all; guilty or not guilty.

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I'm almost done reading a book called 'fatal vision' by joe mcginnis about the infamous doctor jeffrey macdonald who is serving a life sentence for murdering his wife and two girls in the early 70's. The doctor that first treated him noted how hysterical and distraught he genuinely seemed (even though he had no life threatening injuries whatsoever). The evidence however strongly suggested he DID murder his family.

Oh, I read this as well. Very interesting and I have gone bac and forth on his guilt. Wasn't there a woman in a floppy hat and a band of hippies that commited the murders according to him? He is still in prison, he is still denying any involvement. I wonder if we will ever find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiParis View Post
    Now I want to go the library, get Presumed Guilty and scan the pages onto here, I hate people thinking I make this information up.
    When I googled, there was mention of Jonbenet soiling the bed, etc, some detective even wrote a book with the theory that Patsy went berserk and killed Jonbenet after she soiled/wet the bed that night. But as Lobelia said, you cant beleive everything you read.

I was sure I read that a few years ago also but can't remember the source.

KD
    Elite Member

I too read that theory that Patsy strangled JonBenet for wetting the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    Oh, I read this as well. Very interesting and I have gone bac and forth on his guilt. Wasn't there a woman in a floppy hat and a band of hippies that commited the murders according to him? He is still in prison, he is still denying any involvement. I wonder if we will ever find out.
    Yes, the woman in question was a drug user who was also a police informant, and it ended up being that she was an unreliable witness making contradictory statements, and was eliminated as a suspect. Being that there was a hippie community near fort bragg in that time, if there were people involved in murders as heinous as that, someone would have come forth but no one did.

By the way, KARR'S PLANE LANDED, QUICK EVERYONE TUNE IN!!!

Thread Information