Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

i think he's only "confessing" to get his ass outta there and over to the US for at the very least jail-time in a decent jail-cell, but at least he'll have his life.

I always thought the parents did it, and I'm not changing my mind until I know all of the facts.
    Last edited by ediebrooks; August 16th, 2006 at 07:29 PM.

I've gone back & forth on thinking the parents are guilty. Lately, I've been on the guilty side. On the one hand, it would be nice if the parents were exonerated, although sad that Patsy was unjustly villified during her final years, but then again it's very disturbing to think that perfect strangers can enter your home, & assault/kill your children while you sleep. Either way is more than awful, but I'm dying to know what's going to happen.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

A*O

I've read a lot about this case and the thing that stuck in my mind that incriminates the parents' involvement at least was the weird 'ransom' note that demanded a very specific amount of money, something like $118,000 which was the EXACT amount the father had just been paid as a bonus or something.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

$118,000
    Yeah, that was a key sticking point for me, too. However, it's said that the amount of his bonus was not a secret, so who knows. Like was covered in our original JBR thread, so much "evidence" which was presented as fact has been found to be different from the original reports. I got a little impatient with people who insist that it's a no-brainer about the parents' guilt. Like thousands of people, I've spent several hours of my life poring over the vast amount of info out there, and for every "fact" there is a rebuttal, benign explanation and/or a contradiction, so I'm open to new (hopefully ACCURATE) information now. Hard not to get my hopes up here.

Didn't the dad also use to go to Thailand for girls too. Maybe the two of them knew each other.

I always thought it was weird that they didn't hesitate to lawyer up once JonBenet was murdered. They didn't act like grieving parents--they acted like they didn't want to get caught.

Don't forget the publicist/public relations firm the parents hired right after her death too...

Doesn't make them guilty, but it's the kind of thing that leaves you scratching your head-

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I've gone back & forth on thinking the parents are guilty. Lately, I've been on the guilty side. On the one hand, it would be nice if the parents were exonerated, although sad that Patsy was unjustly villified during her final years, but then again it's very disturbing to think that perfect strangers can enter your home, & assault/kill your children while you sleep. Either way is more than awful, but I'm dying to know what's going to happen.
    Yes, EXACTLY! I've read every book that ever came out about it and I would go back and forth too, it's such a bizarre case, and so many different views by the people who were investigating it. If the Ramseys are truly innocent then it's so tragic that Patsy died before this, but I also read that she and John knew that there was going to be an arrest of this guy, he'd been tailed for a few months before she died, so if that's any consolation she died knowing that. I'm going to reserve my judgement about who killed her until all the evidence about this guy comes out and if there is a true connection to the murder. This poor little girl deserves to have justice, can you believe she would have been 16 this year.
    Last edited by Moomoo; August 16th, 2006 at 11:51 PM. Reason: got the age wrong! 16 not 12!

Ok, like any normal person, I just googled this guy, John Mark Karr.

The only hit I got was that a John Mark Karr II used to be listed as a friend on some heavy metal kid's myspace, but he's now removed.

Tried "John Karr" and got this, on a a support-the-troops site:
    "i would like to send a care package too a MARINE in AFGANASTAN at the front lines a MARINE that receives little or no mail"
    John Karr/johnandjenk@juno.com from Aurora, CO
    Something kind of creepy (meaningless, but still creepy) is that this suspect has ties to both Georgia and Colorado, as do the Ramseys. I found genealogy type of site that lists land ownership deeds in Wilkes County, Georgia in the 1700's. There are multiple Karrs & Ramseys in the county, including a John Karr & a John Ramsey. ooooooOOOOOooooo

It's just too common of a name, but I'm still looking around...

I still say the creepy parents did it. Poor little poodle probably didnt want to do tricks for money anymore, and got iced.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

According to the latest news, the suspect arrested in the murder of JonBenét Ramsey is John Mark Karr, a former second grade former teacher from Conyer, GA. He had been arrested in Bangkok Thailand on unrelated sex charges which gave law enforcement the opportunity to take a DNA sample. When the DNA matched, John Karr cofessed to the murder.

Sources say John Mark Karr had no remorse as he was confessing to the crime. On the contrary, he appeared to take a lot of pride in what he has done. Not an unremarkable attitude for a murdering, child sex offender.
    http://janescrime.blogspot.com/2006/...mark-karr.html

This guy's blog has a picture & lots more personal info:

http://historymike.blogspot.com/2006...ith.html#links

Like many of you I still have lingering doubts and suspicions. Guess we'll have to wait further.

This quote from the original link struck me as odd:

"Asked by CNN Denver affiliate KUSA whether he knew the suspect, John Ramsey said, "I really can't comment on that. To my knowledge, no, I didn't, but I don't know enough yet (to say for sure)."

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

In the first one he says that John Karr email Mrs. Benet (I'm tired - did I read that right?) the months before her death.

Between everything I've felt and what you've just posted today - I'm so sure Mrs. Benet knew about it this - whether she lied about something , knew this guy from somewhere - whatever the case - I don't think this woman is just an innocent mother that lost her child.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

The myspace that I mentioned earlier keeps being discussed on blogs; obviously people have been googling the name & they found the only thing I found.

It's a bunch of teenagers in Petaluma, CA where this Karr guy used to teach school. "John Mark Karr" no longer appears on the myspace, but it used to be right between two girls on this kid's friend list. I've even clicked on most of the profiles on the kid's friend list. Many of them are private, because the kids are under 16. The ones I can see appear to be into heavy metal & all the stereotypical stuff associated with it.

I don't know why that name was on here, but it showed up as "John Mark Karr II" so maybe he has a son. I think it's unusual for kids (anybody, really) to use their entire name on myspace, though.

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information