Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Default Re: Arrest Made In JonBenet Ramsey Case

Sorry, didn't go through & read all the 10+ pages of responses on this thread; but have spent ample time on the "Websleuths" forum re: this case & supposed *arrest* and just want to add in my two cents. This guy Karr didn't do it. He's a drugged-up puppet who was somehow manipulated into "confessing". He's a sicko who has been obsessed for a long time with the JonBenet & the Polly Klaas murder cases, and has learned every detail, and is in cahoots with a Boulder professor named Tracey who has made more than one "pro-Ramsey" documentary and who has been desperately trying to find a suspect to finger to get suspicion off his friends the Ramseys. (Remember, people, money talks. BIGTIME.) This mentally ill, drugged-up, obsesssed-with-the-case Karr guy was chosen to be the *appropriate suspect*. He didn't do it. No effing way. Not a snowball's chance in hell. Mark my words. JMO
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Did you guys see the show on 48 hrs or one of the shows where it showed that the Ramseys pretty much are broke now and they were living in a small townhome?? And where i agree that they probably did not act how people thought they should. Who knows how you would react in this horrific situation?? If it were my child my first thought would be nothing but is there a way to bring her back, not oh my gosh the evidence. How could John not have touched her???? Assuming you were innocent if it was your kid and the police instantly pretty much started blaming you, who is to say how anyone would react. My heart breaks at the thought of what happened to this beautiful child. I know I am new here, but have been reading posts for a while, just never registered until the Ramsay post.

Quote Originally Posted by mistify View Post
    Assuming you were innocent if it was your kid and the police instantly pretty much started blaming you, who is to say how anyone would react.
    The only things that matter if you're innocent are 1) finding your child's killer and 2) bringing him/her to justice. So, guess what? If you work against the cops (not with them), yeah, you're gonna look suspicious as hell. So I don't feel one damn bit sorry for the Ramseys, even if they are in fact innocent, because they should have been working WITH the cops to the best of their ability to find out who murdered their child.

As far as JR moving the body: I don't find that suspicious. People don't always think clearly and logically in traumatic situations, especially just after it's happened.

JR put her body on the hard foyer floor instead of say a couch. Some found that odd. Patsy stayed seated on a couch when "get an ambulance" was shouted from another part of the house. They stayed separated from each other in the early part of that horrible morning. JR even reading his mail in a different room. Some feel a couple would cling to one another during a time like this. JR was still even making travel plans for that night. Who can say how any of us would react in a situation like this.
    I would have gone to my bank and withdrawn the money and waited by the phone. Not call everyone I knew to come on over to my house.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    JR put her body on the hard foyer floor instead of say a couch. Some found that odd. Patsy stayed seated on a couch when "get an ambulance" was shouted from another part of the house. They stayed separated from each other in the early part of that horrible morning. JR even reading his mail in a different room. Some feel a couple would cling to one another during a time like this. JR was still even making travel plans for that night. Who can say how any of us would react in a situation like this.
    I would have gone to my bank and withdrawn the money and waited by the phone. Not call everyone I knew to come on over to my house.
    well i certainly would like to think I would have done alot of things differently than them, but who knows??? it would have been just mayhem, maybe shock, hysterics, how do we know unless we've been through it.... and to the other person who said they would have cooperated... If the cops are just looking at you, and you are innocent, then they will never find the real killer because they already have a theory in their head, how many times have we seen shows where the cops have something in their head so much that they will refuse to pretty much look at any other lead because they are so focused on what they already think happened... and I realize cops are human too, but god these cops in this case JUST absolutely blew it, I would not have believed they could have solved it, if I was in the situation... Back then they just looked at the parents because in other cases at that time parents were proven to be involved.....

The Ramseys make it tough on themselves by originally refusing to take a lie detector test. They stalled the interview with the police because they wanted to see the evidence against them. If they had nothing to hide, then why not clear themselves so the police can focus on finding the real killer...? This has nothing to do with how people mourn differently, this has to do with common sense....

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphachimp View Post
    The Ramseys make it tough on themselves by originally refusing to take a lie detector test. They stalled the interview with the police because they wanted to see the evidence against them. If they had nothing to hide, then why not clear themselves so the police can focus on finding the real killer...? This has nothing to do with how people mourn differently, this has to do with common sense....
    Because Lie detectors always tell when people are lying??? please.... Have you seen both sides of evidence on the relevance of a lie detector??? They can't tell crap... Those Keystone cops in Colorado were idiots...... I would not have trusted those guys at all... Once they got rid of that DA, things got better and maybe then they should have taken one just shut every one up. Does anyone remember at that time there were several kids missing and they were so focused on the parents because parents had been involved...... Darlie Routier, and a little girl named Sabrina, her parents laughed at a joke on tape and everyone jumped on the bandwagon that her parents did it because of this??? The whole world was convinced of Darlies guilt because of silly string. The news can twist things so totally,..... I saw a special on the Ramsey's and I just donot think they did it.... It seemed they just DIDNOT trust the Boulder cops AT ALL>

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    This sicko confessed to the killing after providing DNA...that's enough for me. Thank God her killer has been caught....
    Matching the DNA is not evidence of guilt in and of itself. I need to know what type of DNA was found (from a skin cell? saliva? semen? blood?), how much was found, where it was found, and was it possible for the DNA to somehow have been transferred to JonBenet's body or clothing?

Didn't they find skin cells under JBR's nails? Whose was it?? I guess I'll have to keep reading the thread to find out...

Also: if this guy did in fact do it, then they need to look long and deep into his history these past 10 years, cuz sick, murdering pedophiles don't stop after one and only victim. They keep going and going and going until they're caught.

Elite Member

I just can't imagine having to take a lie detector test when I've just found my murdered child's body. I'd probably be in a state of hysteria and shock for weeks or months...even if you were innocent, you haven't slept well, eaten well, your mind is probably going nuts and you're in extreme anxiety/stress...how the hell are you suppossed to pass one with flying colors? Your body and mind are going haywire.

I've had to take 3 lie detector tests at work--it's customary and we all randomly get them, especially with promotions and new positions. And granted, I took them in my right mind not after some trauma like finding my daughter murdered--and they ARE nerve-wracking. If you've never had one, they're so stupid. They put all these stupid gadgets on you and even if you're innocent or your answer to things are no, they always try and 'trick' you...they re-word things in such a stupid way...they are trying to evoke reactions in you...confusion, anger, etc...I don't think they are accurate at all. They're worthless. Some of the questions are like:

Have you ever stolen from work? No.

You've never stolen ANYTHING EVER?

(Asshole, you said if I ever took 'anything' from work, not EVER.)
    Uh, maybe a pen, a pencil?

You've never stolen anything not even a candy as a child? I don't know. I can't remember.

Yes or no. Uh, yes.

So you have actually stolen? Yes or no? (They try and trick you). Uh, yes?

Do you get a long with your parents? Yes.

You've NEVER argued with your parents? Yes.

So you haven't always gotten along with your parents? No.

The questions they ask go on and on and they're meant to antagonize and confuse you....I've had other co-workers say the same, that they hate taking them.

Anyway, I don't believe in lie detector tests at all. I think professional liars are good at hiding the truth and quite possibly innocent people who are not good liars get very nervous with them.

KD
    Elite Member

Totally agree, Mistify. The bumbling idiots of Boulder, who had very little experience with homicide investigations, were just that, idiots. They focused soley on the parents, who then hired their own PI and an attorney. Can't say I blame them. I agree that family needs to be eliminated, but if I had nothing to do with it, I would be superpissed that they would not focus elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mistify View Post
    If the cops are just looking at you, and you are innocent, then they will never find the real killer because they already have a theory in their head, how many times have we seen shows where the cops have something in their head so much that they will refuse to pretty much look at any other lead because they are so focused on what they already think happened...
    Careful. TV and reality are two completely different things. It's called "dramatic effect" when cops on TV behave that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphachimp View Post
    WORD!! I'm glad somebody gets it!

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    Matching the DNA is not evidence of guilt in and of itself. I need to know what type of DNA was found (from a skin cell? saliva? semen? blood?), how much was found, where it was found, and was it possible for the DNA to somehow have been transferred to JonBenet's body or clothing?
    From what I read, not only was there DNA under her fingernails (as you said), but blood mixed with saliva that was found in her underwear. There was no semen found on her body.

PrettyGirl: Your lie detector scenario is preposterous! Please tell me you aren't really trying to win points with that example!

Quote Originally Posted by KD View Post
    From what I read, not only was there DNA under her fingernails (as you said), but blood mixed with saliva that was found in her underwear. There was no semen found on her body.
    Do you have specific, in-depth details? Or can you point me to the source?? Although I am EXTREMELY glad to hear there was no semen found, I find it highly suspicious. It makes me think the crime was about rage and anger, not sexual frustration. Does that make any sense??
    Last edited by WickedHo; August 19th, 2006 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    Careful. TV and reality are two completely different things. It's called "dramatic effect" when cops on TV behave that way.

WORD!! I'm glad somebody gets it!
    I wasn't talking about tv shows.... I watch mostly true crime stuff and read it religiously anyways I know what I am talking about .... Common sense tells me if i am innocent and the cops are only looking at me they are not going to find the real killers DUH

KD
    Elite Member

It seems as though prettygirl post isn't a scenario, as she has actually had polygraphs.

I have never had one, hope to never have to.

Thread Information