Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Appearance on Dr. Phil show leads to child abuse charge against Alaska woman

The cold shower part is horrifying. In all honesty, the hot sauce bit didn't seem that bad, so I don't know why that's the thing that spurred the investigation rather than the shower. I thought they made the kids swallow the hot sauce or something, but the kid seemed pretty nonplussed after he spit it out.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

He completely submits to her, no fight, no backtalk and she won't give it a rest with the "what did I tell YOUUUUU about LYING!!!! SWISH THAT HOT SAUCE! TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!!!!!!!"
    That really was a Joan Crawford moment.

I got the hot suacue as a kid, also got hit with my dad's belt, a wooden spoon and smacked in the mouth with the back of his hand. I aint perfect but I'm not on a bell tower shooting anyone either.

And, I LOVE hot sauce now. I'll put it on just about anything.

It's abuse. She's a bitch, I hope she gets done for it too...

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    But it's not working on this kid. She tried time outs, spankings, hot sauce, cold showers and she still ended up going to Dr. Phil (which gives us a clue into her brain). So should she up the ante? Maybe take a switchblade to him and give him tiny little cuts? The kid has issues she is not dealing with.

Did you watch the video? He's this tiny little kid standing there "yes mommy", "I got into a fight over pencils mommy," "I get the hot sauce mommy." At one point he looks like he's shaking. He completely submits to her, no fight, no backtalk and she won't give it a rest with the "what did I tell YOUUUUU about LYING!!!! SWISH THAT HOT SAUCE! TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!!!!!!!"

I still say Fuck her.
    No, I didn't watch the video. You tube isn't available at work. Even if it were, its not really something I'm into (watching kids punished). If her discipline isn't working, yes she has a problem. Some people lack the necessary authority to deal with children. If you can't give a kid a LOOK that scares the shit out of them and makes them cry and pay attention, you might rethink having children altogether. Honestly, if a kid knows that punishment can happen, a look is all they need. Well, I can't speak for all kids.. my little snowflake knows the looks he gets just before the shit hits the fan and that will be the only warning he needs. I haven't spanked my son since he was about 6, I guess. So, that's six years of just "the look" and its still effective.
    In a perfect world, a child wouldn't need discipline. But .. it isn't perfect. In this world, we are judged by our children's behavior and attitude and grades and popularity. In a perfect world, a child would be born with perfect behavior. That doesn't happen, behavior is learned/taught and then modified. I know most parents on here don't believe in spanking but I don't believe in taking a wild-ass Indian (Native American) child to the grocery store and because I don't believe in taking one in public, I believe all children need to be taught proper public etiquette - and it should be enforced by the parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I got the hot suacue as a kid, also got hit with my dad's belt, a wooden spoon and smacked in the mouth with the back of his hand. I aint perfect but I'm not on a bell tower shooting anyone either.

And, I LOVE hot sauce now. I'll put it on just about anything.
    I never got the hot sauce. I got the belt, the spoon, the spatula, fly swats, extension cords, switches, the hand... I don't resent any of it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    To call hot sauce and a cold shower form of abuse is an insult to those who truly have been abused.
    THIS 100%

Just hold on there a moment WhiteTigeress & Snoopy. A lot of people here know about my parental background and yes I was shocked about the hot sauce. It NEVER occured to me that parents did this to their kids. On top of his being adopted from a Russian orphanage which already suggested to me that he might have psychological damage.

I AM one of those people that complain about kids on planes (thanks Mel!) and yes, I damned well expect your kids to be parented well, day in, day out, but -to me - purposely hurting your child seems to be abuse. Having said that, I do agree with spanking, but I don't agree with water boarding. If it's not allowed by the Geneva convention for human rights for POW why would it be allowed to be done to our kids?

Thank god my mother never saw this or she'd've though up much more creative punishments than just beating me up. Never been a fan of psychological torture.
    Free Charmed.

There is a fine line between discipline and abuse. I just watched the video and this woman crossed the line. Around here, my office would be getting a call to come pick the kid up for a foster placement.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    No, I didn't watch the video. You tube isn't available at work. Even if it were, its not really something I'm into (watching kids punished). If her discipline isn't working, yes she has a problem. Some people lack the necessary authority to deal with children. If you can't give a kid a LOOK that scares the shit out of them and makes them cry and pay attention, you might rethink having children altogether. Honestly, if a kid knows that punishment can happen, a look is all they need. Well, I can't speak for all kids.. my little snowflake knows the looks he gets just before the shit hits the fan and that will be the only warning he needs. I haven't spanked my son since he was about 6, I guess. So, that's six years of just "the look" and its still effective.
    In a perfect world, a child wouldn't need discipline. But .. it isn't perfect. In this world, we are judged by our children's behavior and attitude and grades and popularity. In a perfect world, a child would be born with perfect behavior. That doesn't happen, behavior is learned/taught and then modified. I know most parents on here don't believe in spanking but I don't believe in taking a wild-ass Indian (Native American) child to the grocery store and because I don't believe in taking one in public, I believe all children need to be taught proper public etiquette - and it should be enforced by the parent.

I never got the hot sauce. I got the belt, the spoon, the spatula, fly swats, extension cords, switches, the hand... I don't resent any of it.
    To be clear, I agree with discipline. I agree with modifying behaviour. I agree kids should be expected to behave and parents are the ones to teach them.

I just think this woman is a bitch who is too dumb to realize this kid has issues so she resorts to bullying abuse.

I think parents need to model the behaviour they want their children to have. If a parent can't act like a mature, reasonable adult; why do they expect any different from their kids.

Man, I feel sorry for that boy.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    The video clip is horrifying. I hope she goes to jail and gets the shit beat out of her. Monster.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIjQ2Num_9w[/YOUTUBE]
    This women is evil. I'm all for disciplining kids but her actions as well as her yelling at the poor kid who is shaking and crying in fear is just plain wrong. That cold shower part where the kid is screaming is crazy.

No, I didn't watch the video.
    watch it. seriously. and then tell me if you still think she isn't a motherfucking sadistic bitch.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I got taken out of my house five times during my childhood for abuse, so I'm a little sensitive about children's fear of abuse. And I can tell you from experience that this child is lying because he's terrified of the punishment. Yeah, there's definitely other issues going on there (him being a 5-year-old from a foreign country, for one) ... but to hear that kid's fear of his mother and her just repeating over and over and over (well, screaming, at the least) ... it just brings such bad memories. I feel so sorry for that little boy.

I know a ton of people who got the hot sauce treatment as kids (or soap in the mouth) and they're no more fucked up than the ones who got sat in the corner or lost their toys, etc. But the cold shower thing is pretty bad, IMO.

Now this I agree with. This broad dropped the ball a long time ago if she's having to resort to shit like this in the first place. Now, I'm not saying you have to hit or put nasty crap in their mouths, but when you're an adult in charge of raising a child you can't not discipline them. People will agree with a statement like that when they hear or read it until they're blue in the face but it seems like about half of the very same people, grown-assed adults, inevitably end up with tyrannical little shits ruling their home.

The fact is that even the best child is going to push boundaries and it's your fucking job to set and enforce them and if you're #1, consistent about it (from day 1), and #2, make their consequence something unpleasant and yes maybe even fearful/dreadful (not traumatic, within reason) then you don't have to go balls out like this twat and get yourself arrested. Your kids should be at least a little bit afraid of you. All the time? No. But afraid enough that it gives them incentive to at least make an effort not to fuck up. This is actually the first step to them being able to discipline themselves later in life when you aren't there to hover over their every move and give "the look".

Mel, I haven't had to spank my kid either since he was about the same age. He occasionally fucks up, but it's more likely to be stuff like lying (by omission) about a project he has had weeks to work on and left til the night before, not crap like fighting, stealing, destroying property or cursing some other kid or generally being a feral animal. When he goes anywhere else, I can take for granted that he is going to be one of the better behaved kids, as evidenced by other adults remarks and him never not getting invited back somewhere for being a little unruly asshole, as has happened to several of his peers.
    Last edited by MsDark; January 31st, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I got taken out of my house five times during my childhood for abuse, so I'm a little sensitive about children's fear of abuse. And I can tell you from experience that this child is lying because he's terrified of the punishment. Yeah, there's definitely other issues going on there (him being a 5-year-old from a foreign country, for one) ... but to hear that kid's fear of his mother and her just repeating over and over and over (well, screaming, at the least) ... it just brings such bad memories. I feel so sorry for that little boy.
    Sorry to hear what you went through.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information