Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Appearance on Dr. Phil show leads to child abuse charge against Alaska woman

some people put electric collars on their dogs too, to shock them when they go where they shouldn't. parents should totally start doing that with their little brats too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I use the collar on my dog, best thing I ever did. Have seriously considered it for my child and have offered it to parents of brats - works great!
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, and that doesn't work 100% of the time. Sometimes you need to get real with the little bastards.

and give me a break, pain? it's hot sauce. At most it's discomfort, like soap tastes terrible.

Puppies are trained in obedience classes, and sometimes require more strenuous methods of control as well. Rubbing their face in their poop on the carpet is about the same as hot sauce in a kids mouth, considering dogs smell about 1000 times better than we do.
    I know that one way doesn't work for all children and I have no probelm with "getting real" with kids. But by and large, kids aren't born rotten, they are parented rotten.

In the case of my friend, he was a spoiled fucking brat who got anything and everything he wanted. When she burnt out, she resorted to tackling him and burning his mouth. FAIL!

I agree with you on that one, she should never have let the bad behavior get that far.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

To call hot sauce and a cold shower form of abuse is an insult to those who truly have been abused.

Not going to watch the video, but I think forcing things into kids' mouths to hurt them is crossing the line. It's a show of brute force, in my opinion, and if NOTHING else works, then it may be time for some professional help. I have to wonder about the kid's issues anyway, having been adopted from Russia. He may have some real problems if he came from an orphanage-type situation. This is sad all the way around.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Ask any grandparent or great grandparent of their discipline styles.
    I suppose they all should be charged too?

I agree this world is too pussified.

At least she didn't shoot him for being mouthy.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She will.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I read a bit more about this case. The woman adopted this little boy and his twin brother from Russia. He probably has psychological issues that hot sauce and cold showers aren't going to help. It will probably make things much worse. We'll read about him blowing her head off in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Not going to watch the video, but I think forcing things into kids' mouths to hurt them is crossing the line. It's a show of brute force, in my opinion, and if NOTHING else works, then it may be time for some professional help. I have to wonder about the kid's issues anyway, having been adopted from Russia. He may have some real problems if he came from an orphanage-type situation. This is sad all the way around.
    This is pretty much how I feel. It may not be abuse in the classic sense, but I don't feel discipline should be about pain.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    Excactly and if you don't discipline they become those horrendous little monsters that ya'll think we should keep locked in a basement because they are fucking up your down time at a restaurant or a movie. This is not CHILD ABUSE, nor is it HORRIFYING it's discipline. As a mother of three little precious snowflakes let me tell ya, not one way works all the time, and it's different with each kid. I wish time-outs worked for all kids all the time but it just doesn't!
    This! OMG! The same people who scream about this being abuse are the same fuckers complaining about naughty children being allowed on airplanes, at the grocery store or anywhere public. I've personally never had to put hot sauce in my son's mouth, nor do I have any intention of doing so... however, my son did get the liquid soap on a toothbrush in his mouth when he was 3. I didn't have to force it in his mouth, and he never repeated that behavior. Behavior was modified therefore that discipline was effective. Now all the kiddie haters out there don't have to complain about my little snowflake trying to use dirty words incorrectly. Of course, my son also knows what a spanking is. He knows which behaviors/misbehaviors will earn him one too. He avoids those behaviors. Behavior modified = effective discipline. That does NOT work on all children. I have a brother and my dad could beat his ever-loving ass everyday and he'd still fuck up again the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    At least she didn't shoot him for being mouthy.
    Right?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I read a bit more about this case. The woman adopted this little boy and his twin brother from Russia. He probably has psychological issues that hot sauce and cold showers aren't going to help. It will probably make things much worse. We'll read about him blowing her head off in years to come.
    She has 3 other kids, too, right? And they are living on her husband's cop salary? It sounds like she really doesn't have the resources to deal with 2 older adopted kids from a Russian orphanage. Lord knows, the state of Alaska isn't going to help her.

I'd like to know what sort of mommy competition compelled her to adopt these kids, against all better judgment.

Man, I'm so glad I don't have kids.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    My bet is that he was born with fetal alcohol syndrome, the kid still needs discipline, but also help from outside sources. The mom has got to figure out that you can't punish the FAS out of a kid.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    This! OMG! The same people who scream about this being abuse are the same fuckers complaining about naughty children being allowed on airplanes, at the grocery store or anywhere public. I've personally never had to put hot sauce in my son's mouth, nor do I have any intention of doing so... however, my son did get the liquid soap on a toothbrush in his mouth when he was 3. I didn't have to force it in his mouth, and he never repeated that behavior. Behavior was modified therefore that discipline was effective. Now all the kiddie haters out there don't have to complain about my little snowflake trying to use dirty words incorrectly. Of course, my son also knows what a spanking is. He knows which behaviors/misbehaviors will earn him one too. He avoids those behaviors. Behavior modified = effective discipline. That does NOT work on all children. I have a brother and my dad could beat his ever-loving ass everyday and he'd still fuck up again the next day.

Right?
    But it's not working on this kid. She tried time outs, spankings, hot sauce, cold showers and she still ended up going to Dr. Phil (which gives us a clue into her brain). So should she up the ante? Maybe take a switchblade to him and give him tiny little cuts? The kid has issues she is not dealing with.

Did you watch the video? He's this tiny little kid standing there "yes mommy", "I got into a fight over pencils mommy," "I get the hot sauce mommy." At one point he looks like he's shaking. He completely submits to her, no fight, no backtalk and she won't give it a rest with the "what did I tell YOUUUUU about LYING!!!! SWISH THAT HOT SAUCE! TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!!!!!!!"

I still say Fuck her.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information