Even if that is blood kin, at some point you have to say so is that missing baby. Love the baby, there is no defence of her.
I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West
Yeah, sure she demands respect...Doesn't look so good now does it?Missing Toddler Amir Jennings: Hope Fades as New Developments Revealed
By Carol Bengle Gilbert | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Tue, Jan 10, 2012
When police executed a search warrant in the case of missing toddler Amir Jennings, they recovered a shovel from his mother's home and a blood-stained blanket and clothes from the back of her car, Associated Press reported today. The 18-month-old boy's grandfather had told police he'd seen the baby's mother, Zinah Jennings, with a shovel in her Columbia, S.C., yard in the time frame during which Amir disappeared.
Police are not declaring these items connected to the toddler's disappearance, saying that they could possibly be explained by Zinah Jennings' involvement in a Christmas eve auto crash. Here's a recap of key events in the Amir Jennings investigation along with the latest news on the status of the investigation:
* The last person known to have seen Amir other than his mother was his father, according to ABC News. That was on Thanksgiving. The parents do not live together.
* Amir's grandmother Jocelyn Jennings Nelson reported both the toddler and Zinah Jennings missing Dec. 8 after seeing Zinah Dec. 7 and getting no response to her questions about Amir's whereabouts.
* Jennings was allegedly involved in a hit and run Dec. 6, according to a police search warrant affidavit filed in the case. That crash put her on police radar and led to them questioning her on Dec. 24 when she was involved in another car crash, ABC News said.
* In response to police questioning, Jennings provided inconsistent information. After initially denying she had a son, police said she gave them different, false accounts of baby Amir's whereabouts placing him in different states with different friends and relatives.
* In the affidavit supporting the search warrant, a police detective noted that Jennings told him her son was with a man named Ernest Robinson, whom he determined did not exist. This information has prompted public comparisons to the Casey Anthony case in which Anthony told police she'd left her daughter Caylee in the care of a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez, whom police found didn't exist.
* Jennings' leading police to an apartment building where she said she left Amir but then was unable to identify a specific apartment led to further comparisons with the Anthony case. Like Jennings, Anthony led police on a wild goose chase as she brought them to Universal Studios where she claimed to work and gave them fictitious information about people involved in case, including the supposed residence of the non-existent nanny.
* In one police interview, when police investigator Colin Bailey told Jennings she would be going to jail, she replied, "That's the place I need to be," WIS TV reported. For the free health care for her mental illnesses?
* Police arrested Jennings and charged her with unlawful conduct toward a child, Associated Press said. She is being held on $150,000 bond.
* Police Chief Randy Scott said Monday Jennings is being more cooperative than she was previously. Jennings reportedly told police she last saw Amir Nov. 29 in her home. But she has stopped short of telling them where Amir is, WLTX reported, instead saying he disappeared and it was up to police to find him.
But WAIT, there is more...Looks like you need to be getting on that bus, coz she's not getting out anytime soon. Maybe she'll get the right drugs for her mental illness when she's in jail?January 27, 2012 12:10 PM
Search called off for missing S.C. toddler Amir Jennings, mother in jail acused of lying to police
By Crimesider Staff
Zinah Jennings' son Amir has been missing for two months
(CBS/AP) COLUMBIA, S.C. - Authorities have called off the search for a toddler who has been missing since Thanksgiving, and whose mother is in jail for allegedly lying to police about the boy's whereabouts. Federal, state and local police officers used cadaver dogs to scour an eight-mile radius for more than four hours Thursday, looking for 18-month-old Amir Jennings, but found no evidence of the boy.
The boy's mother, 22-year-old Zinah Jennings, has been in jail since late December. Her mother, Jocelyn Jennings Nelson, reported Amir missing early in December when she said she received evasive answers from Zinah about Amir. Family members say they last saw the little boy around Thanksgiving.
On Christmas Eve, Zinah Jennings encountered police after a car wreck. At first she said she didn't have any children, then told officers her son was with relatives and friends in cities from Atlanta to Charlotte, N.C.
Investigators say they chased down Jennings' stories but finally arrested her after they ran into dead ends. State police are analyzing stains on blankets and clothes removed from Jennings' car to see if they are blood.
According to Jennings' attorney, Hemphill Pride II, Jennings should be released from jail because she is pregnant, suffering from mental illness and needs medical treatment.
In his motion filed Tuesday, Pride cites a doctor who has examined Jennings and says she "lacks sufficient insight or capacity to make responsible decisions" about her treatment and needed to be committed to the hospital. Shes going for the "I was mental" defense.
Jennings' half sister told police she suffered from "schizophrenic tendencies" that had not been diagnosed and Pride said she has been told to take Risperdal, which is used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia.
"She's incapacitated at this time, so she's not in a position to cooperate," said Pride. "The medicine that she's on right now, she's quite frankly, zonked."
Shortly before her son disappeared, Jennings was arrested in Georgia on prostitution and drug charges.
Nelson has said her daughter had been depressed since the birth of her son, struggling in classes at a community college and looking for a job.
A hearing in the case is scheduled for Monday, Jan. 30.They're not holding her "hostage" til they find the child (who is likely dead by now) they're holding her so that they know where she is and so that she doesn't get asaulted by members of her community.Amir Jennings Update: South Carolina Judge Denies Lower Bail For Zinah Jennings, Missing Boy's Mother
The Huffington PostSteven Hoffer First Posted: 02/ 1/2012 12:34 pm Updated: 02/ 1/2012 12:34 pm
The attorney for the South Carolina mother of a missing child believes that a judge is refusing to reduce his client's bail as punishment for her not speaking with police.
Richland County Judge Casey Manning denied on Tuesday a request to lower the $150,000 bail for Zinah Jennings, the pregnant and mentally unstable mother of missing toddler Amir Jennings. She's been charged with child neglect and held since December in the county jail in Columbia.
"They are really holding the mother hostage until they can find the child,"Really? Jenning's lawyer Hemphill Pride II told The Huffington Post.
Pride believes that Jennings, thought to be the last person to have seen the child, should be released so she can receive proper prenatal care and psychological attention, according to the Associated Press.
But police say that Jennings fabricated multiple stories about her son -- who has been missing since Thanksgiving -- before she clammed up. Authorities say she would be a flight risk if released.
"The missing child creates a very volatile kind of atmosphere in the community," Pride said. "There is great hysteria over the child being gone, and I think that had an impact on the court's decision."
Pride, says that his 22-year-old client is exercising her right to remain silent, given the combative atmosphere.
After appearing in court earlier in the week, Columbia Police Chief Randy Scott said Tuesday that the search for Amir Jennings will not conclude until authorities locate the boy or uncover what happened to him, according to CNN.
Last edited by Novice; February 5th, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
Poor darling child. I can only hope he never understood what was happening.
I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West
Sorry, MCD, but your cousin IS the black Casey Anthony, so the sooner you distance yourself from her, the better.
These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~
Stupid crazy useless bitch.
Posted from my iPhone
KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!
Come on, let's have lots of drinks.
Fuck you all, I'm going viral.
MCD, your cousin is a baby killer. And yes, it makes my blood boil that you come on here and demand respect for a baby killer because she's black. come on, you're 14. you know (probably better than us) that your cousin has done this.
Kill everything... that IS the solution!
┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐twitchy molests my signature!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)