Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Alleged abductor of California teen killed in Idaho wilderness; captive rescued

I'm confused, were they allowing him to take Hannah on trips alone at one point?

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    It was bizarre because an Amber alert came over my cell phone last week with a loud alarm. I think most Calif cell phone users received it. This worthless piece of shit will rot in hell for what he has done to this family. That poor g has lost her mother and brother. Heartbreaking...
    Husband and I got it. Scared me half to death because it's a tone I didn't even know my phone had--I don't think it's available to use for anything else. And LOUD.

I do think it's a great thing, though. Absolutely.

Some shitty crime blogger--Chelsea I think is her name--was speculating on Facebook that the girl was involved with her kidnapper or complicit in the crime. I felt like going off on her. Save that shit for later when you actually know something, good grief.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Bastard killed their dog too.
    Ugh, I didn't read that. What a POS. I did see that he took his cat with them when he kidnapped the girl? That makes him the first creepy-ass evil cat guy I've ever heard of. And nobody's saying if the cat survived, and I know I'm weird, but, poor cat. Why do horrible people involve animals in their crazy shit?

I'm just so glad they got Hannah back alive. I was expecting the worst...
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I'm not sure what the real story is, but as I mentioned before, I had heard that this guy was friends with both the mother and father for several years and that he was basically like an uncle to the kids. A friend of Hannah's said that DiMaggio took Hannah to Hollywood for a vacation of sorts and got pissed because Hannah wasn't paying enough attention to him so he turned around and went back home.

They also said that Hannah had no idea that her mother and brother were dead. The FBI realized that when they were interviewing her. It sounds like the last place she was seen before the kidnapping was a cheerleader practice. Maybe he took her from there.

Poor doggie. That breaks my heart. Why?? I hope the kitty is ok.
    MmeVertigina and dexter7 like this.

Yeah, the dog was burned with the mom and son.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

For some reason I can't get this to copy and paste into a post so I'm having to put the link instead. Sorry!

Edited to add: She seems very... resilient. Posting smiling selfies and listing her ipod and phone alongside her family and dog as things she lost in the fire.

'He was a psycho who tricked us': Hannah Anderson speaks out for the first time since her kidnap ordeal and reveals how 'Uncle Jim' lured her family to his house before kidnapping her and setting fatal blaze | Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Hannah Anderson steps out as new details about kidnap suspect emerge

Police who searched the torched home of kidnapping and murder suspect James Lee DiMaggio found firebombs, ammunition, used condoms, and "letters from Hanna," court documents show.

The new details emerged as Hannah Anderson, the teenager DiMaggio took to the Idaho wilderness after killing her mother and little brother, arrived at a fundraiser Thursday — her first public appearance since her abduction.

Flanked by protective friends and family, the 16-year-old did not speak as she entered the Boll Weevil restaurant near San Diego.

Earlier in the week, she answered questions on a social media website Ask.fm, saying she was glad cops shot and killed family friend DiMaggio when they rescued her.

Search warrants unsealed this week show police believe DiMaggio "tortured and killed" Hannah's mother, Christina Anderson, and her 8-year-old brother, Ethan, before burning down his cabin-style home in Boulevard.

Court papers obtained by NBC San Diego cataloged dozens of items investigators seized from the burned-out property as a manhunt for DiMaggio and Hannah began to unfold.

They range from mundane articles like gravel and tape to the crowbar that police believe DiMaggio, 40, used to bludgeon Christina Anderson, and the tarp that they say covered her body.

A DNA swab test kit was found inside Christina Anderson's burned-out car, NBC San Diego reported.

The court documents don't spell out the significance of the items seized from the suspect's house. They include a gas can, empty ammunition boxes, shotgun shells, a handcuff box, incendiary devices, and something described as "arson wire."

No. 37 on the list was "D & C letters from Hanna" — with no confirmation that referred to Anderson or any details of what the letters said.

Police have not revealed a motive for the double slaying and abduction.

When authorities found DiMaggio — thanks to four horseback riders who encountered him and the teen in the Idaho back country — he fired one shot before being killed with five bullets.

Andrew Spanswick, a friend of DiMaggio's family, believes he was suicidal and may have planned to take his own life around the anniversary of the death of his troubled father, who killed himself 15 years earlier.

Spanswick said the family collected skin, hair and blood samples from DiMaggio's body before he was cremated to run toxicology tests that could shed light on his state of mind.

After her rescue, Hannah was reunited with her father, Brett, and returned to the San Diego area. The restaurant where the fundraiser was held is owned by the mother of one of her schoolmates.

"This is a small community that we're a part of, and the community came together and put on this great fundraiser for Hannah and her future and healing," the father said at the event, according to NBC San Diego.

He said he has been in touch with the horseback riders whose tip led police to DiMaggio and thanked them.

"It was a chance encounter but it did save my daughter’s life," he said.

"Other than that, Hannah sends her love. She’s doing good day by day. We’ll just keep moving forward from here."
    Hannah Anderson steps out as new details about kidnap suspect emerge - U.S. News

no matter what happened, she is a child. Maybe its the adults that let her down.
    greysfang, Trixie and KrisNine like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

The first paragraph of that report is misleading when the letters from Hannah are actually (isn't that like a cease & desist? Since a D&C is something else entirely.) "D & C letters from Hanna"

Free Charmed.

I was more curious about this: A DNA swab test kit was found inside Christina Anderson's burned-out car, NBC San Diego reported.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I'm super curious about the letters. Maybe they are nothing but a kid writing to an adoptive uncle but I watch a lot of Discovery ID so my mind goes to maybe she wanted her mom and bro outta the way.
    InigoMontoya likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

yeah, I was thinking the same. I'm an ID addict...
    gas_chick and InigoMontoya like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Man who kidnapped Hannah Anderson and killed her mom and brother before dying in an FBI shootout left his $112,000 insurance to their family

• James Lee DiMaggio left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's grandmother
    • He named her in his life insurance beneficiary
    • Hannah Anderson's mother and younger brother were killed by DiMaggio

A man who died in a shootout with FBI agents after kidnapping a 16-year-old girl and killing her mother and brother left money to her grandmother.

James Lee DiMaggio left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's paternal grandmother after naming her as his life insurance beneficiary, according to the family's spokesperson.

He didn't know why but believes it was for the benefit of Hannah, the girl abducted by DiMaggio.

James Lee DiMaggio, left, left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's paternal grandmother after naming her as his life insurance beneficiary, according to the family's spokesperson

Killed: Ethan Anderson, 8, was found dead

Hannah was rescued in the FBI shootout on Aug. 10 in the Idaho wilderness and returned home to San Diego.

DiMaggio, 40, had been like an uncle to the Anderson children and the father's best friend.
    DiMaggio named Bernice Anderson as the sole beneficiary of his employer-issued life insurance policy in 2011, substituting her for his sister Lora Robinson, the lone survivor of his immediate family, Spanswick said.

DiMaggio lived with Bernice Anderson for about two years before buying a house in 2009 in Boulevard, about 65 miles east of San Diego, Spanswick said.
    Authorities found the remains of Christina Anderson, 44, and Ethan Anderson, 8, in the Boulevard house after it was set on fire.
    DiMaggio's sister called Hannah's father, Brett Anderson, on Friday to tell him about the life insurance payment.
    'They had a long conversation about their mutual loss, trying to make sense of what happened, and neither of them had an explanation,' Spanswick said.

Time to grieve: Brett Anderson, the father of kidnap victim Hannah Anderson, 16, speaks to the media following his return to San Diego, California, on August 12, 2013

Tribute: Brett Anderson wore a T-shirt with the names of his wife and son on the back - whose bodies were found in DiMaggio's burning home

'Brett seemed to recognize that Lora was as much a victim in this as everyone else. He wished her the best.'

A spokeswoman for Brett Anderson and his family, Stacy Hess, declined to comment.
    DiMaggio worked as a telecommunications technician at The Scripps Research Institute in San Diego. Spokeswoman Jan Coury also declined to comment.
    Steven Weisbart, chief economist at the industry-backed Insurance Information Institute, said insurers generally won't challenge a claim unless the beneficiary is suspected of involvement in the death.
    Investigators have given no indication that DiMaggio had any accomplices.
    'Pretty much as long you're dead, the insurance company has very little opportunity to deny the claim,' Weisbart said.
    Lora Robinson has taken possession of her brother's cat, Princess, from Hannah Anderson, Spanswick said.

DiMaggio, a cat-lover, took Princess while on the run, and the cat was reunited with Hannah after the rescue.

Discovery: Police found DiMaggio's car, covered with brush and stripped of license plates, at a trail head at the edge of the Frank Church wilderness which triggered a massive search
    Evidence: DiMaggio's car is towed away from the start of the trail where it was found

Read more: Hannah Anderson kidnapper James Lee DiMaggio left his $112k insurance to their family | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Something is fishy with this whole thing. I heard she had made 13 calls to this guy on the day he killed her Mom and brother. Makes you wonder if she wasn't messing around with him, and Mom ended up finding out and tried to put a stop to it. The girl wouldn't be the first kid that hated her parents and wanted out to be with a guy she shouldn't. Not saying that is the case,....but something is just off with it all.

If you look at the link further up (I couldn't get the article to post) there's a load of smiling selfies she posted after getting a manicure after coming home and she was answering questions online from other net users. Like I said, she seems very resilient in the face of everything. Everyone deals with things in their own way, I know, but me - I'd be in a lot more of a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Something is fishy with this whole thing. I heard she had made 13 calls to this guy on the day he killed her Mom and brother. Makes you wonder if she wasn't messing around with him, and Mom ended up finding out and tried to put a stop to it. The girl wouldn't be the first kid that hated her parents and wanted out to be with a guy she shouldn't. Not saying that is the case,....but something is just off with it all.
    I don't think they say that the 13 calls were made on the same day. They say there were 13 calls before the phones were cut off. So, those calls could have been same day, over several days, or over several weeks. Given that this guy was allowed to be a pervasive part of Hannah's and Ethan's lives, it wouldn't surprise me that there were calls between them.

It will be interesting to see what other information they find out - purely for forensic and psychological purposes. Even in the incredibly unlikely event she was involved with this guy, DiMaggio had years and years of availability to condition her and control her as a trusted friend. Hannah's behavior when abducted and confronted by the horse riders was very similar to Elizabeth Smart's -- both paralyzed by fear that they (and any would-be rescuers) would be killed on the spot if she tried to escape or tell others that she had been kidnapped.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information