Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Alabama man kills bus driver, kidnaps 6-year-old boy

I would rather the kidnapper have lived so we could find out what his malfunction was, but if he had to die so that the child might live, then so be it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I agree about him having to see that, hope he didn't have to see that, and I hope he's going to be OK. Poor thing. I'm glad he's safe.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Apparently the FBI felt that negotiations were deteriorating and that the child's life was in immediate danger, so they stormed the bunker, shot Dykes, and rescued the child.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

This is heartbreaking all around. I actually feed bad for the man too and this is why. He is a vet. I know the statistics of vets commiting suicide is crazy
    and that being in war can mess you up. I only know one person who was in combat and told me what it was like and please feel free to share stories if anyone knows
    anyone who was in the military. Anyway this guy was young. He went to war and was in combat. He was just not right when he came back. I felt really
    really bad for him when he shared how he did in fact have to kill people. This is where I think it really messes people up. He was not a killer. He was
    put in a situation where he had to kill. That cannot be good for a person who isn't a killer. So this guy who seemed like a normal young man may end up jacked.
    It was sad because he really seemed different when he came back and I can see why. But what will happen down the line.
    And how much of it is his fault?
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Apparently the FBI felt that negotiations were deteriorating and that the child's life was in immediate danger, so they stormed the bunker, shot Dykes, and rescued the child.

Yes!

I was reading that the little boy may have bonded with his kidnapper. Poor little guy.

I am just glad that child is safe.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am glad Ethan is safe and the man is no longer a threat, but I do have mixed feelings on the subject of ex-military Vets.

My Dad was a Vietnam Vet, and his service brought him home a shattered version of his former self. I totally back our military, but I am also an only child that lived in the aftermath.

When sitting at a ceremony held by the VA the year my Dad died,...the Commanding Officer read the names of the servicemen that had died during that calendar year, from our area. My Dad was one of many. A bell rang after each name was read. The man said there are three types of hero's that return from military service.

1. The men and women who give their lives for our freedom.

2. The men and women that come back home, in whatever physical or mental state, and pick back up their lives as best they can, and attempt to live life productively as they can in society, as if they were never in war.

3. The men and women that come back physically and mentally broken, and can never, ever, step back into their old lives as a person, father/mother, husband/wife, brother/sister, child, co-worker, friend or productive citizen. They remain forever broken and a causality of the greater good. My Dad was hero #3, and he did his best.

I do feel empathy for this man and what may have led him to this point in life, but can't condone it. I struggle at times with my patriotic feelings of pride for this country and my hurt and anger at the costs it leaves to her people.
    Laurent, yanna, KrisNine and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I would rather the kidnapper have lived so we could find out what his malfunction was, but if he had to die so that the child might live, then so be it.
    Pretty much how I feel. It's sad the situation ended this way without some kind of explanation as to why; yet the child's safety is what really matters most so in the end, the FBI did the right thing.

I said that the FBI shot Dykes, but from what I've seen this morning, he was dead when they got inside the bunker. They're not sure yet if he shot himself or if he was killed by the flashbang grenade they threw down to stun him.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I am glad Ethan is safe and the man is no longer a threat, but I do have mixed feelings on the subject of ex-military Vets.

My Dad was a Vietnam Vet, and his service brought him home a shattered version of his former self. I totally back our military, but I am also an only child that lived in the aftermath.

When sitting at a ceremony held by the VA the year my Dad died,...the Commanding Officer read the names of the servicemen that had died during that calendar year, from our area. My Dad was one of many. A bell rang after each name was read. The man said there are three types of hero's that return from military service.

1. The men and women who give their lives for our freedom.

2. The men and women that come back home, in whatever physical or mental state, and pick back up their lives as best they can, and attempt to live life productively as they can in society, as if they were never in war.

3. The men and women that come back physically and mentally broken, and can never, ever, step back into their old lives as a person, father/mother, husband/wife, brother/sister, child, co-worker, friend or productive citizen. They remain forever broken and a causality of the greater good. My Dad was hero #3, and he did his best.

I do feel empathy for this man and what may have led him to this point in life, but can't condone it. I struggle at times with my patriotic feelings of pride for this country and my hurt and anger at the costs it leaves to her people.
    I understand you more than you know. My father and my uncle are/were both Vietnam Vets. Both of them would have been the same age as this man, but neither of them lived that long. My father returned from Vietnam, only to not be able to sleep, eat, function normally, etc. This man would get up at all hours and pace the house. Every noise would startle him. My father was highly decorated and even received a Purple Heart. My father became a heavy drinker/alcoholic and drank himself to an early grave. My father was lucky compared to my uncle. His demons were so great that he ended up taking his life before his 50th birthday. I struggle too when I see what these two good men went through and for what?
    Waterslide, Laurent and JadeStar70 like this.

to Jade and KrisNine, I can't imagine what you, your fathers and your entire families went through.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    to Jade and KrisNine, I can't imagine what you, your fathers and your entire families went through.
    Just wanted to echo what DeadDwarf said. Very sorry to hear about the struggles and loss that both of your families have endured.
    KrisNine and JadeStar70 like this.

Me three. Somehow no one in my immediate family has served but I did do some (court ordered) volunteer work at our V.A hospital. Bless their hearts, all of them. I don't know how anybody does it.
    KrisNine and JadeStar70 like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^^Thanks guys

Sad thing is, I hardly had a relationship with my dad because of all this shit.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information