Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Alabama man kills bus driver, kidnaps 6-year-old boy

And how long will his food and water last for the two of them? Are they waiting for starvation to set in and kill them both off, before moving in? This is ridiculous! Like I said before, if this was my child, I would have to be sedated.
    sprynkles likes this.

^ What do you propose they do?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ What do you propose they do?
    I think that she's proposing that they give the mom some really good drugs.
    greysfang likes this.

I can't think of anything else they can do except have expert negotiators trying to manipulate him out (which they probably have). I guess it's nice to think the experts would have more tricks up their sleeves than us mere mortals can think of, but in reality, I guess not.

And if they run out of food/water, will they keep supplying them? I mean in reality, when would that end? If we keep supplying them, he may never come out.

I am not sure what the answer is either, but I agree with CornFlakegrl,...you would think and HOPE that the authorities would have a better handle on this than they seem to have at the moment. Scary thinking they have no clue when they are the ones trained in these situations and are suppose to act as the protectors of us innocent civilians against the criminals, terrorists, deviants, ect.

If it was my child,...at this point I would be okay with them slowly seeping knockout gas into the bunker. Knock them both out and go in and secure the guy and get the boy out of there. I just don't think it is helping the child, nor is he safe, the longer he is down there with this freak. And who knows if he is abusing the boy on top of all the other trama being thrust upon this little boy.

Send in an innocent looking pizza delivery kid,... lets say a chick.
    Hell, it can be me!
    I drop off the pizzas (free of charge, of course). I casually ask lunatic how's things going as I hand over the pizzas. He doesn't suspect a thing so he turns his back to me to put down the boxes which gives me the perfect opportunity to taser his ass down with my hidden stun gun. (don't ask where I hid it)
    Grabbed the boy and scrammed to let the big boys in and apprehend lunatic.

I watch too much stupid action movies.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    If it was my child,...at this point I would be okay with them slowly seeping knockout gas into the bunker. Knock them both out and go in and sucure the guy and get the bot out of there. I just don't think it is helping the child, nor is he safe, the longer he is down there with this freak. And who knows if he is abusing the boy on top of all the other trama being thrust upon this little boy.
    I thought about that, too. Remember, though, that the Russians tried this with Chechen terrorists who had taken a bunch of people in the Dubrovka theater hostage. The knockout gas they used ended up killing about 117 of the hostages. Also, because the boy is much smaller than the man, by the time they used enough gas to knock out the man, the boy could potentially OD.

Is there any evidence the boy is still alive? Can they hear his voice?

Early reports said authorities confirmed the boy was alive and well. I assume they keep confirming it because if they think the boy has died, I assume they'll charge the place.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This poor child, give the guy anything he wants, just get that kid out of there. Take him down to the UN and let him give a speech to the world, then give him a private jet and billions of dollars. It will be of no use to him once mothers find out who he is and take him down later.

If it were my family member, I'd be frantic too, but I don't think I would be okay with them potentially killing my loved one with gas. I mean if the worst happened and the child died from poisoning, I don't think anyone would be okay with that just because it was an attempt gone wrong. Same thing for storming the shelter - if he shot the child in the head, would anyone feel that it was an acceptable loss and that they had to take the chance? Waiting would be torture, but I wouldn't be okay with anything that would force this asshole's hand.

This guy has positioned himself in a way to make removing him difficult in the extreme. You can't even get a line of sight on him or a thermal reading. I have read in several places that they have heard the child and communicated with him so that they know he is alive.
    Waterslide likes this.

Well,...they aren't going to storm the guy, and what if he never willingly comes out or lets the boy out?? What then? They just leave them down there indefinitely???

Ugg...this whole thing is such bullshit! With all the stuff this guy has done prior, he should have been incarcerated until his court date for shooting at his neighbor. Isn't that attempted murder??

And not that I am okay with poisoning my child. Just saying they need to do something. It can't go on like this for weeks or months. That child will be beyong repair, if he lives.

I don't know the exact facts of the menacing case, just vague things about a neighbor and a gun from the media. Attempted murder isn't easy to prove and if the facts don't line up to support it, then I understand why he wasn't charged with it. Menacing is not something you can just hold someone in jail until their court date without setting bond, especially since it's a misdemeanor.

When I heard he was only charged a misdemeanor for shooting at his neighbor I was in utter disbelief. How can that be? I have to think if I shot at someone I'd be in jail.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I just read he shot at his neighbor several times as he was getting back in his truck and driving off. I guess I concider that attempting to kill someone. And then the beating of the dog to death, with a pipe. He sounds like he has had some violence and anger issues prior to the killing of the bus driver, and kidnapping to boot.

It would depend on the facts of the discharge of the gun whether it's attempted murder and whether the state could prove it with supported facts.

Regardless, this is frustrating for people and they want the child out now. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but I honestly don't know what it is that the FBI should do to fascilitate the child's safe release immediately. No one has suggested that they want it to continue indefinitely, but I don't think anyone has a safe alternative to waiting right now.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information