Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Alabama man kills bus driver, kidnaps 6-year-old boy

What about knock out gas? Gas the bunker, rescue the boy and lock up the nutjob. Bing bang boom. Or do I watch too much tv? It just seems like there must be something proactive that can be done.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

They may be afraid of hurting the child. Or maybe no way of getting anything in.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

If it was just Dykes in there,...I'd roll a damn grenade down his pvc ventilation pipe. That would flush his ass out!

We have discussed the sending in of tear gas, or knock out gas, theory here at my job, too. But I am sure they need enough of it to fully disable the man, and that may be to much for the young boy. The whole thing is just horrible. I hope to God this doesn't lead to copy cats.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

No doubt he has a gas mask on anyway now that I remember he's a survivalist.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

True. Never thought of that. He would be fine and the poor boy would take the brunt of a gas attack.

Do you think the government has technology to see thorugh the ground into his bunker? I mean the military uses a lot of things that most of us know nothing about,...so I always wonder. Maybe they are using something to monitor him down there.

I'm not going to hotlink it here, but this is the just released pic of Dykes if anyone wants to see it.

http://wsfa.images.worldnow.com/imag...91656_BG14.jpg
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Nothing new??

^ No, they're still trying to negotiate the child out safely. According to Dykes, the bunker is equipped with electricity and he has said that he has electric blankets and an electric heater. They've been able to get the child toys and other things to entertain and comfort him.

I hope all this is true and they've talked to and/or heard the child and aren't just taking this douchebag's word for it. I'm sure the FBI has thought of that and knows their job, but I'm a bit surprised that a man who would shoot a man to death in front of a bus full of children would give a shit about letting this child have his meds and toys. They may have addressed that on the news and I missed it - after 4 days, it's hard to keep up.

I may have missed this along the way, but is this guy a pedophile or just deranged? How do we know the little boy isnt being subjected to sexual abuse?

We don't. What we know is the guy built a bunker, policed his own yard in the middle of the night, shot at a neighbor and killed a dog. Nothing indicates this is a sexually motivated crime. For now it sounds like a prepper gone off his anti-psychotic meds.

Jesus, is there any news yet? Is the boy still down there?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I guess they are waiting for him to come to his senses and let the boy out? Doesn't seem like they are doing much but waiting around, and passing in meds, toys and coloring books.

There has to be a better plan than this waiting.

Probably, but I don't know what it is. If they storm the place, nothing to keep him from killing the kid and himself before they can get down there. If they gas the bunker, enough to knock Dykes out would likely kill a 6 year old.

This guy could stay down there with the child for MONTHS. We don't know how long he's been stockpiling, how big the place is or anything. Something tells me he ain't studying them at all at least til March. This is a terrible, tense and terrifying situation.

Thread Information