Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: After 9 years and Gary Condit's fall, Chandra Levy trial begins

Condit doesn't deserve his career back, he was still a married man cheating on his wife with an employee.

I don't believe the convict is really a scapegoat. He was caught because he attempted a similar crime at the same place Levy's body was found.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ah... I thought that maybe they'd promised not to deport his family if he confessed (if he'd been here illegally).

ImmigrantFoundGuiltyOfChandraLevy'sMurderImmigrant Found Guilty Of Chandra Levy's Murder

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 @ 09:45AM print it send it

Salvadoran immigrant Ingmar Guandique was found guilty Monday of murdering Washington, D.C. intern Chandra Levy. He was convicted of first degree murder and now faces life behind bars.
    The infamous case generated national headlines when Levy’s body was found in 2001 and she was romantically linked to then-Rep. Gary Condit, who was questioned in the case.
    Guandique was convicted after four weeks of testimony and nearly four days of deliberation.
    There was no DNA evidence tying him to Levy’s body and no eyewitness. A prison inmate said Guandique confessed to the killing and the government pressed forward claiming the murder fit the MO of other crimes Guandique committed.
    PHOTOS: Celebs Involved In Murder
    The Salvadoran immigrant denied killing the 24-year-old, whose body was found in Rock Creak Park in Washington DC more than a year after she went missing.
    He was serving 10 years in prison for attacking other women when he was found guilty of murdering Levy.
    PHOTOS: Celebrity Mugshots
    Condit, a California Democrat, refused to talk about his relationship with Levy and defense attorneys said in closing arguments that Condit was acting “like a guilty man.”
    PHOTOS: Sexy Stars Who Have Been Arrested
    "She's been waiting nine years for justice," prosecutor Amanda Haines said in her closing arguments. "It's been nine years, but you need to say the words 'Ingmar Guandique is guilty'."
    Free Charmed.

I thought they matched his DNA after he attempted something similiar.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

There were DNA matches in similar cases, but not this one I believe. Not positive, I haven't really followed this story since I moved away from DC.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

New Questions in Chandra Levy Murder Case

New questions are being raised surrounding the murder of Chandra Levy, the case that rocked official Washington and much of the nation in the summer of 2001 because of allegations she had been having an affair with then-Rep. Gary Condit (D-Calif.).

Closed hearings have been held to review information that may impeach the credibility of a witness who testified at the trial of Ingmar Guandique. In 2010, nearly a decade after Levy disappeared, Guandique was convicted of murdering her. He was already in prison for other crimes, and was sentenced to 60 years in prison in Levy's death. Now a case largely built on circumstantial evidence and witness testimony appears to be facing serious questions.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys have taken part in two closed hearings described as so sensitive that Levy's parents have not been told precisely what they are about. Her parents, Susan and Robert Levy have been advised of the hearings by the U.S. Attorney, but they are not being told any details about which witness may be implicated by new information. In a telephone interview with ABC News, Susan Levy said, "I'm not going to get my daughter back. I only want them to have the right person in prison."

In an interview with ABC's San Francisco station, KGO-TV, the Levys said most of their information comes from news reports.

One clue came in a December statement from the judge overseeing the case, just before the proceedings were ordered closed to the public.

"The hearing addresses issues about information that has come to the government's attention that may provide impeachment about one of its witnesses at trial, and the possible disclosure of that information may create safety issues that I have concluded are somewhat substantial here," D.C. Superior Court Judge Gerald Fisher said during a brief public portion of a Dec. 18 hearing, according to McClatchy reporter Michael Doyle, who was in the hearing room.

Because there was little to no physical evidence in Levy's death, the case against Ingmar Guandique was largely built on the testimony of witnesses, including that of an inmate, Armando Morales, who claimed Guandique told him he killed Levy. If Morales' testimony is untrue, the whole case could fall apart. But at this time it is unclear if Morales is the witness in question. The Justice Department is required to notify the court about any information raising questions about the credibility of its witnesses.

The next hearing on the case is scheduled for Feb. 7.

New Questions in Chandra Levy Murder Case - Yahoo!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information