Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Aaron Hernandez, Patriot, tied to homicide and sued for shooting asst.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Thanks Kris. How sad is it, that you had to dig? Of course it's ALL about the famous athletes *rolls eyes*.
    Very sad, indeed.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

Apparently he's now being investigated for 2 other murders.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

I don't follow much sports at all but I've been following this story. Such a stupid mess. Hernandez was on top of the world and he threw it all away for what? So stupid to think he wouldn't get caught. Now he'll sit in prison the rest of his life. And a man is dead over nothing. No one even talks about him.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    I don't follow much sports at all but I've been following this story. Such a stupid mess. Hernandez was on top of the world and he threw it all away for what? So stupid to think he wouldn't get caught. Now he'll sit in prison the rest of his life. And a man is dead over nothing. No one even talks about him.
    It sounds kind of like he's been throwing it away for quite some time, but it's taken this long for it all to catch up with him. Excerpts from Complete Timeline of the Rise and Fall of Aaron Hernandez | Bleacher Report:

Dennis Hernandez, Aaron's father, died in January 2006as the result of complications from hernia surgery.
    Aaron was devastated by his father's death, and it caused a change in the young man:
    Hernandez responded by lashing out at his family, smoking marijuana and spending his free time hanging around with a rough crowd of young men in Bristol.
    "He would rebel. It was very, very hard, and he was very, very angry. He wasn't the same kid, the way he spoke to me. The shock of losing his dad, there was so much anger," Terri Hernandez told USA TODAY Sports in 2009.
    A Tumultuous Time in Gainesville
    Unfortunately for Hernandez, it wasn't long after he enrolled at Florida in January 2007 that trouble followed.
    Hernandez played sparingly as a freshman, making nine catches for 151 yards and two touchdowns during the Gators' 9-4 2007 campaign.
    He made plenty of noise off the field, however. As Doug Kyed of NESN reported, a 17-year-old Hernandez was arrested after an altercation outside a bar in Gainesville. Hernandez received deferred prosecution in the case.
    Hernandez was also questioned in a much more serious matter. After the Gators lost to Auburn on Sept. 29, 2007, a shooting left two men wounded, one critically. According to Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel, Hernandez and three other Florida players were questioned in regard to the incident, although no charges were filed.

The 2008 season didn't start any better.
    Hernandez was suspended for the season opener, a suspension that he later admitted was for testing positive for marijuana, according to Jones.

Despite his talent and success in college, many NFL teams were wary of Hernandez's checkered past. As Greg Bedard and Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated recently reported, a number of NFL teams wanted no part of Hernandez:
    Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez's associates in his native Bristol, Conn. A law enforcement official familiar with Hernandez reiterated concerns about his circle of influence. Combined, the marijuana use and gang concerns worried some NFL teams immensely.

There is another thread about him in the sports section. I wonder if a mod could merge them?
    CornFlakegrl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

So no one held Hernandez accountable while he was starting to "act out" cuz he was the magic football player. Same old story.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Aaron Hernandez
    Dropped By Puma

Exclusive

And boom goes the dynamite ... NFL star Aaron Hernandez' biggest sponsor PUMA has just dropped him like a hot potato.

A rep for PUMA tells TMZ, "PUMA has ended the relationship with athlete Aaron Hernandez in light of the current situation."

Hernandez signed the 2-year endorsement deal with PUMA in April 2013 as the face of its "training category." It's unclear how much the deal was worth ... but safe to say, a lot.

As we reported, Hernandez is currently in custody awaiting his murder trial. Hernandez was charged with 1st degree murder and 5 other gun-related charges in connection with the death of a 27-year-old former semi-pro football player named Odin Lloyd.

Hernandez is being held without bail.

Read more: Aaron Hernandez -- Dropped By Puma | TMZ.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    There is another thread about him in the sports section. I wonder if a mod could merge them?
    Do we have to report it or something? It's too much work to check both threads. /lazy

This moron is about as stupid as they come.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    So no one held Hernandez accountable while he was starting to "act out" cuz he was the magic football player. Same old story.
    Pretty much. The story repeats itself ad nauseum. Famous athlete/actor/actress/singer does something awful and people are shocked - SHOCKED - until they look in their background and see that there were warning signs flashing in big neon lights all along; and that people ignored it because they are such a "great" athlete/actor/etc.

Apparently at least one former teammates, Matt Light, is now speaking out against Hernandez that he never liked him, this stuff all comes out of the woodwork once people feel it is "safe" to speak out.

Now it sounds like they suspect him in a double homicide/drive-by shooting from last summer. Not to forget the guy he shot in the eye 2 years ago, that didn't cooperate with authorities when they wanted to press charges. I bet he paid that guy off to make that one go away. Maybe that guy will come forward and roll on him now that he is in jail, and probably never getting out.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Now it sounds like they suspect him in a double homicide/drive-by shooting from last summer. Not to forget the guy he shot in the eye 2 years ago, that didn't cooperate with authorities when they wanted to press charges. I bet he paid that guy off to make that one go away. Maybe that guy will come forward and roll on him now that he is in jail, and probably never getting out.
    In all honesty, I have the feeling that Hernandez told that poor guy, "If you just keep your mouth shut, I'll pay you later." And then kept getting put off. Now that Hernandez is getting investigated for murder, the guy probably thought, "Holy crap, he's never going to pay me now." Also, it seems like $100K is a pretty low amount for a multimillionaire taking out one of your precious eyeballs.

Gold Member

Apparently the guy whom Hernandez shot in the eye is now suing him:

Man suing Aaron Hernandez for shooting is convicted drug dealer - CBSSports.com

While Aaron Hernandez has plenty of legal issues at the moment, the man who's suing the Patriots tight end for allegedly shooting him in the face has some legal problems of his own.As CBS Boston points out, Alexander Bradley, who lost his right eye in the February incident in which he says Hernandez shot him in the face, is a convicted drug dealer.
    Bradley, who re-filed his $100,000 lawsuit against Hernandez this week after it was dismissed because of a paperwork mistake, says the two were riding in a car together and that Hernandez aimed a gun at Bradley. Then, the gun allegedly went off, leading to the loss of Bradley's eye.
    But in 2006, Bradley was sentenced to five years in prison for selling drugs, though that sentence was suspended after 18 months.
    This past April, two months after the alleged confrontation that he had with Hernandez, Bradley was arrested and charged with burglary, disorderly conduct, assault and criminal mischief.
    That case remains ongoing.

Silver Member

I don't know if it was a payoff from Hernandez so much as gang related, in which case the victim would also be very hesitant to cooperate with the investigation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information