Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 9 year old child accidentally kills gun instructor with uzi

Everyone involved in this is too dumb for words. Apart from the poor kid who now has to live with the fact she killed someone.

And 'Bullets and Burgers'?? Seriously?!

And the Darwin goes to: The Range, The Instructor, The Parents, Our Fucking Gun laws.
    Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    And the Darwin goes to: The Range, The Instructor, The Parents, Our Fucking Gun laws.
    Unfortunately, the dumb-ass parents are still alive and have already reproduced, and their idiot offspring is still alive and can grow up to reproduce. Not that I wish the kid was dead or anything.

I hate guns, hate, hate, hate them. The gun rights people are always jawing on about all the intelligent, responsible gun owners who do things right (and I know those people do exist)...But those aren't the people I'm worried about. I'm worried about the guntards who take their kids to shooting range to let them try an Uzi. With dumb-ass parents like that, that poor kid doesn't have much of a chance.
    kasippu, Mivvi21, Rusalka and 1 others like this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

I agree the parents are idiots but it is hard to feel sorry for anyone who thinks yes let me show a 9 year old how to fire this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

No big deal. Nobody will remember or care in a week.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    The story went that the instructor allowed her to fire a single shot, then HE switched the gun to automatic fire mode and when the gun kicked back (and yeah, I watched the video), she was unable to control it. Gun swung left and blasted the guy in the head. Stupid, ignorant stuff.
    I've been surprised to learn that two people I know have experienced shooting submachine guns and both have said the same thing, that these guns have a strong kickback on auto that can take an inexperienced and unprepared adult by surprise, so the kid had very little chance at controlling it.

As a supposedly experienced and qualified gun instructor the adult in this situation should have known this and not put a fucking uzi in the hands of a little girl, but I guess that this is a deadly example of familiarity breeding contempt.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I've fired different guns over the years, mainly semi automatic handguns. I truly dislike guns but because they're in my home I refuse to be ignorant on how to safely operate one. Even a semi automatic handgun like a Sig Sauer or a Glock 19 has a pretty hard blow back upon firing and is hard to control.

Handing a young child a fully automatic submachine gun just does not compute. This poor child will need to live with the guilt of taking a life when in all reality imo she's not responsible for it at all. Dumb ass instructor, parents and facility are.
    Brookie and Kittylady like this.

Elite Member

I feel really bad for the kid, big burden to live with. Back in 1st grade one of my classmates had a really brilliant dad who let him drive their boat, which resulted in 2 deaths. So at 7 he had taken 2 lives. They changed boating laws I believe due to this.
    kasippu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    I feel really bad for the kid, big burden to live with. Back in 1st grade one of my classmates had a really brilliant dad who let him drive their boat, which resulted in 2 deaths. So at 7 he had taken 2 lives. They changed boating laws I believe due to this.
    You went to school with O'Neal and Coppola kids???
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    You went to school with O'Neal and Coppola kids???
    That was practically behind my house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information