Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Caylee Anthony "sighting", world forgets most three year olds look alike

Default Another Caylee Anthony "sighting", world forgets most three year olds look alike

Possible Caylee Anthony Sighting at Mall Investigated by Private Firm

A private investigator is looking into whether a possible sighting of missing Florida toddler Caylee Anthony has any merit.

A photograph of a child resembling the 3-year-old girl taken at a west Florida mall was released on Friday, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.

The picture, reportedly snapped by a shopper at the mall, was given to D & A Investigations, a firm that is working with the Anthony family. It has also been turned over to Orange County sheriffs and the FBI.

D & A is asking anyone with any information on the potential sighting to call 1-888-231-5618 or email cayleetips@yahoo.com.
    Click here for photos.

On Thursday, the lawyer for the tot's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, quit the job, saying only Caylee's imprisoned mother knows the truth about what happened.

Mark NeJame indicated that he was off the case because of disagreements with the Anthonys. Their daughter Casey Anthony is jailed on first-degree murder charges in Caylee's presumed death.

NeJame said there was little more he could do to help them in the search for the child.

The Anthonys issued a statement saying they respect NeJame's decision.

Casey Anthony is awaiting a January trial on first-degree murder, manslaughter and other charges. Her little girl disappeared in June, but her family didn't report her missing for about a month and her body has not been found.

Anthony said she left her daughter with a baby sitter, who has also never been located. Police believe she made the story up.
    Caylee's grandparents continue to insist that their granddaughter is still alive.

This week both the prosecution and the defense released witness lists of those whose testimony they'll ask for at trial. The prosecution named more than 80 people, including George and Cindy Anthony and lead defense attorney Jose Baez. The defense listed only three witnesses, including a forensics expert and a criminal justice professor.

Casey Anthony has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators about Caylee's disappearance.

Forensic tests released last month confirmed that hair linked to Caylee and found in the trunk of Anthony's Pontiac Sunfire came from a decomposing body. Other DNA evidence also suggests that a corpse was in the trunk.

Click here for more from MyFOXOrlando.com.

Click here for the witness list from MyFOXOrlando.com.

Click here for Casey Anthony's indictment.

Click here for a timeline of the Casey Anthony case.

Click here for other documents released.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

FOXNews.com - Possible Caylee Anthony Sighting at Mall Investigated by Private Firm - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

This really is going to end up like the Maddie McCann case, isn't it.

I don't think that this little girl looks like Caylee at all. Her family really needs to stop the wild goose chasing and realize that they need to start searching for a body.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I think it does look like her. Plus, no one has come forward to say the child belongs to them. In Orlando, there is no way people haven't heard of this sighting or seen the photograph.

Look at the bald spots just behind the bangs on both the sighting photo, and a pic of Caylee:

Elite Member

This is like the Madeine McCann sightings.

This poor girl has been dead for ages and I hope her Mom gets the death penalty. Agree, just like the little Brit girl

I'm sure,unfortunately,that Caylee is dead, but I'm glad people are concerned enough to report any "sighting". Who cares if it ends up being nothing. I'm reminded of the Shawn Hornbeck case. He was kidnapped and held for 4 years and people told him he resembled the missing kid, but never passed on this info to the authorities. Shawn could have been saved years of horrible abuse if people had just acted on their gut instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    I'm sure,unfortunately,that Caylee is dead, but I'm glad people are concerned enough to report any "sighting". Who cares if it ends up being nothing. I'm reminded of the Shawn Hornbeck case. He was kidnapped and held for 4 years and people told him he resembled the missing kid, but never passed on this info to the authorities. Shawn could have been saved years of horrible abuse if people had just acted on their gut instinct.

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I agree.

Well it's a blurry pic, but it does not look like her to me. The hair is the same, but that's about it.

I just don't believe it's her. If someone really had her they wouldn't be flaunting her around in public, especially with all the media coverage. They'd be keeping her hidden.

Sadly, I think the poor baby is dead. All the evidence points in that direction.

And just look at how her evil bitch of a 'mama' has lied.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Well it's a blurry pic, but it does not look like her to me. The hair is the same, but that's about it.

I just don't believe it's her. If someone really had her they wouldn't be flaunting her around in public, especially with all the media coverage. They'd be keeping her hidden.

Sadly, I think the poor baby is dead. All the evidence points in that direction.

And just look at how her evil bitch of a 'mama' has lied.
    I've not decided one way or another, but why wouldn't the people who have her flaunt her around if she's alive? The cops said just prior to this sighting that they would not longer follow up on live tips. In fact, the person who took the pic said she called the cops and they never came to investigate:

Orlando, FL On the afternoon of Sunday, November 16, 2008 an eyewitness attempted to report a sighting of what they believe to be that of Caylee Marie Anthony, the 3-year old toddler that is reported as missing from Orlando since June 16, 2008. The witness first called Law Enforcement but after two attempts and over an hour of delays they decided to try the number listed on the Help Find Caylee website. The witness contacted D&A Investigations, Inc. and provided them with information and photographic evidence.

The family e-mailed the information and photographic evidence to both the Orange County Sheriff's Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The same day, the family interviewed with Central Florida News 13, in order to get a photograph of what is stated by the witness to be Caylee Marie Anthony released to the public.

The Help Find Caylee Search Team and Anthony Family are asking that you help us continue to get this photo out to your audience.

Anyone with information on this possible sighting of Caylee Marie or if you feel your previous tips were not addressed to please contact the Caylee Tip Hotline at 1-888-231-5618 or cayleetips@yahoo.com.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=122459029& blogID=451120209

At this point, the cops can't afford to find an alive Caylee. Careers and reputations would be ruined.

^^I just do not believe this bullshit story that Casey Anthony has concocted in order to try to save her own ass. There is far more evidence to prove this child is dead than alive. The evidence found in the car alone is more than enough to prove Caylee is long dead.

Casey Anthony is a sociopathic compulsive liar who hasn't told the truth once since this whole thing started. No way in hell do I believe her story about a nanny(Casey hasn't worked in more than 2 years so how can she pay a nanny)who took Caylee and has disappeared with her. It's just one big lie and poor little Caylee had to lose her life because of it.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    ^^I just do not believe this bullshit story that Casey Anthony has concocted in order to try to save her own ass. There is far more evidence to prove this child is dead than alive. The evidence found in the car alone is more than enough to prove Caylee is long dead.

Casey Anthony is a sociopathic compulsive liar who hasn't told the truth once since this whole thing started. No way in hell do I believe her story about a nanny(Casey hasn't worked in more than 2 years so how can she pay a nanny)who took Caylee and has disappeared with her. It's just one big lie and poor little Caylee had to lose her life because of it.
    The problem with the evidence from the car? It had five compounds out of 24 in common with decomposition, true. But the control test car? 9. Yes, it contained 9 compounds in common with decomposition. Did the control test car also contain a dead body?
    I don't know where Caylee is but they are not going to convince a jury to convict on first degree murder just on the above anomaly alone.

What about the smell that even her own family admitted to smelling? Even her own father said he was afraid to open the trunk because he was afraid he was going to find either Caylee or Casey in there dead.

What about the stain found in the trunk of the car that George Anthony said the smell was emanating from?

Also,why did she wait a whole month to even mention to anyone that Caylee was missing? Even then Casey didn't even report her missing,her mother did.

What about the air samples that The Body Farm said contained proof of decomposition?

Why did Casey continue to party and live it up even though her daughter was missing? Why was she online looking up missing children and looking for ways to make chloroform 2-3 months before Caylee disappeared?

The list goes on and on as to why I believe Casey is guilty. The sad thing is she will probably get away with it,though.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21 View Post
    What about the smell that even her own family admitted to smelling? Even her own father said he was afraid to open the trunk because he was afraid he was going to find either Caylee or Casey in there dead.
    Did you know there was a package of old, rotting sushi in the trunk? Yes, it's in the docs. Have you ever smelled rotting fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Mivvi21
    What about the stain found in the trunk of the car that George Anthony said the smell was emanating from?
    We've heard nothing about a stain in the trunk from the FBI reports. Think about it: if there was such a stain they wouldn't have needed "air tests" from The Body Farm, they could have just gotten DNA from the stain. They did not.

Also,why did she wait a whole month to even mention to anyone that Caylee was missing? Even then Casey didn't even report her missing,her mother did.
    I have no answer for that, you'll have to ask Casey.

What about the air samples that The Body Farm said contained proof of decomposition?
    See my answer above. When the control test car trunk contains more compounds in common with decomposition than the actual "crime scene" trunk, prosecutors have a problem.

Why did Casey continue to party and live it up even though her daughter was missing? Why was she online looking up missing children and looking for ways to make chloroform 2-3 months before Caylee disapeared?
    I've looked up missing children. As to the chloroform, look at the chart in the report. Under chloroform and "Florida Trunk" it says NO. Why does it say in the body of the report that there was "significant" amounts of chloroform in the trunk? I don't know, maybe you can ask all those flies that flew out of the trunk when the tow truck driver and George opened it. Chloroform is a significant ingredient in pesticides.

As to her continuing to party, what if her kid wasn't dead? I'm not saying she was kidnapped either because there is not enough evidence of that, but for me there is not enough forensic evidence of death to satisfy me.

And you forgot one: the hair. Out of 30+ hairs in the trunk, ONE contained "characteristics" of "apparent decomposition". (THEIR exact words, not mine)They did not say the hair contained a "post mortem root band" which is the correct scientific term for a dark band on a hair that is unequivocally from a decomposing body. The FBI is extremely precise with language, especially in official reports. To have excluded that scientific term from the report is significant and tells me that perhaps environmental factors contributed to the "characteristics" of "apparent decomposition".

The stain was reported by George Anthony himself in his interrogation video that was recently released by the police. He said himself that he knows the smell of decompostion very well having been a police officer for many years,and that there was no mistaking that smell to be anything but the smell of death.

They also mention nothing about rotting fish being in the trunk. What George Anthony said was there was a white plastic garbage bag in the trunk that had a bottle of laundry detergent and a box of old pizza in it. He also said that even after the bag was removed the smell was still heavily present.

As for her still continuing to party even after Caylee went missing;how many parents do you know who would still continue to go out and live it up even after their child was supposedly kidnapped by a nanny,and never even call up the police to report their child missing? Her behavior just doesn't match up with someone who is innocent in all of this and had nothing to do with the disappearance of her child.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this. I have no doubt in my mind that Casey Anthony had something to do with her daughter being missing/dead,and if I were chosen to sit on the jury trying her case I would convict her ass in a second.

Hit By Ban Bus!

The stain was reported by George Anthony himself in his interrogation video that was recently released by the police.
    It hardly matters what George had to say about a stain if the FBI couldn't find one to test.

And yes, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information