Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maryland boy, 15, charged with killing family

Default Maryland boy, 15, charged with killing family

Md. boy, 15, charged with killing family - Yahoo! News

A 15-year-old boy who wasn't getting along with his father was charged with murder Sunday in the deaths of his parents and two younger brothers, who were shot in their sleep at their home in a Baltimore suburb.
    After the killings, police said, Nicholas Waggoner Browning spent the night and next day with friends, before returning and reporting he had found his father's body.
    He was arrested at 1:05 a.m. Sunday after he admitted committing the killings, Baltimore County Police spokesman Bill Toohey said.
    Browning was charged as an adult with four counts of first-degree murder in the slayings of his father, lawyer John Browning, 45; his mother Tamara, 44; and his brothers Gregory, 13, and Benjamin, 11.
    The teen had not been getting along with his father, police said in a news release. On Friday night, he went into the house after other family members had gone to sleep and shot each of them using his father's handgun, which was in the house, police said.
    After the slayings, he threw the gun into bushes near the house, police said. The gun was recovered, Toohey said.
    Browning then spent Friday night and all day Saturday with friends, Toohey said. When the friends took him back to his house at 5 p.m. Saturday, Browning went into the house and came back out to say that his father was dead. He called 911.
    Police officers said all four victims were shot in their sleep. They said Browning's father was found in a ground-floor room and his mother and brothers were dead in upstairs bedrooms. There was no sign of a confrontation, Toohey said.
    Browning, a sophomore at Dulaney High School in neighboring Timonium, was denied bail Sunday morning; a bail review hearing was scheduled Monday. He was being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center in a special section for juveniles.
    Toohey said he didn't know if Browning had a lawyer.
    Even if convicted as an adult of first-degree murder, Browning is too young under state law to face the death penalty.
    Two of Browning's classmates drove past the family's house Sunday afternoon and wept when they learned from reporters that he was charged in the slayings.
    "It's hard to believe someone could do this," said Brooke Kebaugh, 16.
    Liz Lazlawbach, 17, said Browning complained about fighting with his father, but "not about anything violent."
    The grounds of the two-story home were neat and neighbor Mike Thomas said the Brownings would even pick up trash along the street.
    "These people would do anything in the world for you just incredible people," Thomas said.
    Neighbors called each other throughout the night to discuss the killings, Thomas said. He said one of his sons had been in Boy Scouts with one of the Brownings' sons and was devastated when he learned of the deaths.

John Browning was a partner in the law firm of Royston, Mueller, McLean & Reid in Towson, focusing on real estate law and commercial and corporate law.
    The partners said Browning was an accomplished lawyer. "He was also a person invested in his family and community," the partners said. "He led his local scout troop. He was a leader at his church. In short, John Browning was a great man. We will all miss him very, very much."
    The Brownings' Boy Scout unit, Troop 328, meets at Timonium United Methodist Church. The Rev. Frances Dailey said Sunday that the troop's leaders did not want to talk. He said John Browning was "beloved and well revered. I'm told this is not the kind of family that this could happen to." Counselors were to be available Monday to meet with students at Dulaney High, said Charles Herndon, a county school spokesman. He declined to say where Browning's younger brothers went to school.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Oy veyyyyyyyyy. Wow.

Bet there's a bad pharma drug reaction involved here. Really terrible.

Jesus Christ... what the Hell is WRONG with people?? Especially kids?? They kill their ENTIRE FAMILY just if they aren't getting along? WTF!

This is very sad...On the news he looks so innocent. They lived in a wealthy community in Cockeysville, MD... Neighbors and scout members describe the father and family as sincerely kind, and nice!! Very Sad
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i don't understand. if you have a problem with one family member why kill all of them? that is such a sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by honeysuckle View Post
    i don't understand. if you have a problem with one family member why kill all of them? that is such a sad story.
    When he reported the murders his first story was he found them... I guess he thought if he killed them all, he could get the family's money.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    When he reported the murders his first story was he found them... I guess he thought if he killed them all, he could get the family's money.

that is just........i do not know what to say. how could a 15 year old think like that? i would be worried(if i did not get caught) that i would go to a childrens home. but i should not say that because at 15 i was thinking about cute boys and hanging out with friends. not killing my family because i did not get along with them or for the money.

whatever happened to the days when the parent could just give kids a good swift slap up the backside. i would have never thought of backtalking my parents, much less killing them.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdebagain View Post
    whatever happened to the days when the parent could just give kids a good swift slap up the backside. i would have never thought of backtalking my parents, much less killing them.
    The Government took the power out of the parents hands and put it in the kids hands when they said you can't hit your children. Now, these little bastards feel free to do anything. Plus, parents treat there kids like their damn friends...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    The Government took the power out of the parents hands and put it in the kids hands when they said you can't hit your children. Now, these little bastards feel free to do anything. Plus, parents treat there kids like their damn friends...
    In the US aren't you allowed to smack your child? I'm not sure what to think about smacking though. But how awful to shoot your family. I cant think why he'd do that unless he'd gone completely crazy. Or high on drugs.

and let me guess, there are those who thinks this little darling should just be put in juvey and not charged as an adult?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I say fry the evil little bastard. I know it's not an option but it's what he deserves.
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Jebus, if the parents aren't flinging their kids off bridges like frisbies, the kids are pulling out the ultra violence on their parents!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^^^Dixie, you crack me up because every time I read one of your posts I look at that bird and picture it reading the words to me as though it's the one who wrote it. Same with Chilly and that girl giving the finger. I always feel like I'm getting told to fuck off, lol. I still picture Grimm as PeeWee Herman,too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information